Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2016, 09:52 PM   #1

2016 Pinnacle satellite

I'm thinking about putting a dish traveler on my 2016, has anyone put one on theirs? How easy/hard was it? Where did you run your cables? Thanks guys!!
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:37 PM   #2

Satelite Install

I have a 38FLSA and attached pics show where I mounted mine. This location is directly above the fireplace and TV and allowed me to route new cable through the same ceiling hole as the TV antenna cable already went through. Unfortunately most other floor plans, this location is above the bedroom closet. That may not be a good location for cable entry.

The most difficult part of installation I found was the Wineguard instructions call out maximum gaps under the base. The roof on the RV is crowned everywhere. I made a base from Luan, Balsa core, and fiberglass to provide a level and stable mount. This base is 3/8" thick near the rear inside section and has a max thickness of 2.5" on the outside edge.

I think the base worked well and could be used on any model but the cable routing I used will probably be of little help unless you have the same floorplan. If you do have a 38FLSA or just have more questions about how I did my installation let me know and I will try to help.

Cheers and happy glamping!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1349.jpg   IMG_1342.jpg