Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2016, 04:44 AM   #1

2016 pinnacle slide out

I have a 2016 pinnacle 36 kpts. Can anyone tell me if the flooring in the slide where the dinette sits if it feels soft when you step on it. I have had multiple 5th wheels before and none of them on their slides felt soft. The flooring in the rest of the unit is fine. When I first stepped on it has a lot of give compaired to the rest of the flooring. Thanks
sals737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:01 AM   #2

The dinette slide on our 377RLBH North Point is the only one constructed different, and on a different slide system than the other three slides. Don't ask me why they used three of one kind, and one of another..... It operates, sounds, and feels different than the others,mount I wouldn't necessarily describe it as "soft"...

Your floor plan is VERY similar, other than the added bedroom and loft in the RLBH (and the fourth slide), so I would expect that they are using the same slide configuration.
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sals737 View Post
I have a 2016 pinnacle 36 kpts. Can anyone tell me if the flooring in the slide where the dinette sits if it feels soft when you step on it. I have had multiple 5th wheels before and none of them on their slides felt soft. The flooring in the rest of the unit is fine. When I first stepped on it has a lot of give compaired to the rest of the flooring. Thanks
Our 2012 KPTS is stable with no wiggle or feeling of being "soft" or spongy.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:04 AM   #4

Couple of observations I have. First is that the flooring should be the same in all the slides, main floor and that usually is 3/4 ply with a moisture barrier. If you flip up the carpet trim you should be able to see the base and determine that. Below that there are usually rollers to guide the slide in and out.

If it is not adjusted properly you could have some issues where the slide is not fully extending on the base giving you a gap between the slide base and main unit flooring. This would result in a "spongy" feel. If not you need an adjustment. This is common with new units due to shifting from initial transport.

On my unit and as mentioned above there is a different slide mechanisms used for the longer slides vs the Schwintec that is used on the smaller slides. Main reason is weight and that the Schwintec do not handle the weighty slides well.

Last, and a long shot is that you could have a bad piece of plywood or worse yet cracked.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #5

Our 2016 REQS has what I call flimsy floor. I'm afraid to stand on it to open the blinds and windows.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #6

Soft floor in the slide

Thanks for the info. I have a call in to Jayco and waiting to speak to them on this subject. I will let you know the results of the conversation.
sals737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:03 PM   #7

I would venture to say that Jayco is going to tell you to take it to one of their dealers to get evaluated.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote