Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2018, 09:09 AM   #1

Angry 2017 377 RLBH issues

Our third trip since buying new in October of 2017.
Now we have the dreaded bed slide crack.
Water under outer edge of kitchen slide under the residential fridge. Suspect that the water line going to fridge is leaking. Turned the supply off under the stove but cannot get to the connection at the back of the fridge
Has anyone had the water issue??
Does anyone have a good contact for Jayco rep. for warranty repair of the bed slide crack. I had rather have this repair done at the factory from reading other threads??
Kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:30 AM   #2

Try the shutoff under the sink. There’s a hidden valve behind the dummy panel under the sink. That should cut off the water to under the slide.

As far as the crack, it’s not something that a competent dealer cannot handle. I just think my dealer simply didn’t have the requisite skill level to correctly repair it. If your dealers service department is good, I’d let them do it. Otherwise call Jayco with your VIN to get the repair on schedule.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #3

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Sorry to hear that news on the third trip out. I know it firsthand...it can bring tears. Dave Underwood is the service writer at Jayco Service in Middlebury IN, that handled our claim. He took care of our sidewall crack last July. Immaculate repair. He treated us very well. We fulltime and it has held up since.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #4

Thanks Tom,
I have shut off the supply to fridge.
As far as crack repair at jayco. Am I responsible for transporting unit to and from Middlebury? I’m in Georgia quite a ways from Middlebury
Thanks for input
Old 06-11-2018, 11:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmart View Post
Thanks Tom,

As far as crack repair at jayco. Am I responsible for transporting unit to and from Middlebury? I’m in Georgia quite a ways from Middlebury

Thanks for input

When you set up the repair with Jayco, which will be around 6 months out due to their backlog, they will probably tell you to drop it off at your selling dealer for them to pick up. They have 3 week service windows and after work is complete will bring it back to your dealer for you to pick up.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:30 AM   #6

Thanks all for info
Old 06-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks Tom,
Thanks for input

I have gotten the dreaded crack also and it is past my warrenty and Jayco is covering it. They instructed me to go to a dealer 2 hours away to have them fix it. I have an appt scheduled this fall! Give Jayco a call and they can probably find a repair shop closer to you that will do a good job. They have a 26 page instruction sheet for this very repair.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
I have gotten the dreaded crack also and it is past my warrenty and Jayco is covering it. They instructed me to go to a dealer 2 hours away to have them fix it. I have an appt scheduled this fall! Give Jayco a call and they can probably find a repair shop closer to you that will do a good job. They have a 26 page instruction sheet for this very repair.

Et tu kahoneys? Seems like this sidewall crack issue is more common than I thought. Glad that Jayco is stepping up to the plate for you too.

It still seems like there’s no rhyme or reason behind why some get the crack and others do not.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #9

That would be nice if we could take it to a known dealer who can fix it correctly. I have the same issue and dealer as Tom so we are pretty frustrated. Jayco is picking up my unit in October to fix it, hopefully for the last time since this will be my 3rd time getting it fixed.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:36 PM   #10

I hope they fixed this for 2019. Guess I’ll know in a few months. [emoji53]

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Our third trip since buying new in October of 2017.
Now we have the dreaded bed slide crack.
Water under outer edge of kitchen slide under the residential fridge. Suspect that the water line going to fridge is leaking. Turned the supply off under the stove but cannot get to the connection at the back of the fridge
Has anyone had the water issue??
Does anyone have a good contact for Jayco rep. for warranty repair of the bed slide crack. I had rather have this repair done at the factory from reading other threads??
Just had this issue. First time to use our 377 since all the cold weather. Mine was the hard plastic electric solenoid valve on the refrigerator where the ice maker/water tubing connects to. It was about $44.00 off amazon. The fun part was getting the fridge out and moving to the side to get behind it to replace it. I placed 2-2X6's under each side so that would come out level with the area the fridge sits in.
Mont Belvieu, TX
T&M_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&M_Texas View Post
Just had this issue. First time to use our 377 since all the cold weather. Mine was the hard plastic electric solenoid valve on the refrigerator where the ice maker/water tubing connects to. It was about $44.00 off amazon. The fun part was getting the fridge out and moving to the side to get behind it to replace it. I placed 2-2X6's under each side so that would come out level with the area the fridge sits in.
This....assuming you have a residential fridge. I didn't winterize properly and it caused this plastic piece on the back to bust. Hardest part was getting the fridge out and finding a place with the part in stock on a Saturday....
Attached Thumbnails
20180317_112516.jpg   20180317_112649.jpg  
Slurugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #13

Does anybody have the repair instructions digitally? I have seen about 3 threads on it. Attempted to pick up a 2016 377rlbh and instantly went for the master slide today. Dealer says they are confident they know what to do. Just would like to guide them. Thanks
aggie camper is offline   Reply With Quote