Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2017, 10:36 PM   #1

2017 Jayco Eagle HT

Has anyone noticed the issue with the Norcold refrigerators that Jayco uses? I've noticed that they clearly fail in environments that are at 90 degrees or higher.

Also, clearly there is a design flaw with the sink. The faucet that pulls out in the kitchen runs between the hot and cold feed, which means it hits the couplings and causes a large leak.

Has anyone noticed a water leak in the rear driver side? Where the electric power cord plugs in? If not, you probably will.

Also, when you lose power we're noticing the transfer to LP doesn't work either. I'm not a novice with RV's, but for a rig like this we're slightly disappointed, and wondering if this was an expensive mistake.

Under 300 miles and very disappointed with this purchase.
Tony from NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:51 PM   #2

Just got back from 4 days camping at 96 degrees, lol, cooler than at home. My 4door Norcold in my 291RSTS keep everything very cool, including the ice cream in the freezer. Didn't notice the other issues, I'll look. Could your water leak be condensation running down from the roof AC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2017, 10:59 PM   #3

Hey thanks!

The water leak on the inside is definitely not condensation. It's way to far back and I've been monitoring that.

Hope you had a great trip! Glad I didn't have ice cream!
Old 08-09-2017, 04:22 AM   #4

We just traded an Eagle and our Norcold fridge didn't perform as well in the heat, especially if the sun was on the fridge wall. It didn't fail, just warmed up a bit. You may also want to pull the vent panels on the outside and confirm that the factory cut the holes properly - they left the inner plywood on our upper vent so there was no way the fridge could work properly. Cutting the plywood out made a world of difference in the performance.

For the LP transfer, are you sure you don't have air in the lines? if the rig had been sitting for two or more weeks i had to light the stove to clear the lines before the fridge would light.

i assume you checked the connections under the sink and all are tight? We had a "leak" that turned out to be a connection that had worked itself loose.

I know this isn't stuff you want to have to deal with, but the god news is that your unit is still under warranty too. Don't give up hope, I think you'll find that once you get the kinks worked out the Eagle will be a great unit for you.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:31 PM   #5

We have a 2012 HT and the fridge will freeze eggs and beer on the coldest setting when running on LP so I need to watch that. This is our 6th season with it and no leaks yet but I do check the caulking and replace as needed twice a year. It has been a great camper for us so far.
highlife4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:45 PM   #6

Perhaps your pressure relief valve on the HW heater is dripping a tad. Mine did.I noticed it after the HW heater had warmed up. I just flicked the silver lever on top of the valve and it stopped immediately. Just be careful you don't scald yourself! and don't lift the handle!
Old 08-09-2017, 05:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraftonGuns View Post
Perhaps your pressure relief valve on the HW heater is dripping a tad. Mine did.I noticed it after the HW heater had warmed up. I just flicked the silver lever on top of the valve and it stopped immediately. Just be careful you don't scald yourself! and don't lift the handle!
I went ahead and replaced ours. $15 part and easy to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Da Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:21 AM   #8

Our refer worked fine in 100F desert heat with the western sun on that side of the trailer.

Yes, had three water leaks. One was a 90deg fitting behind the outside panel. I replaced that one. The other two were the kitchen faucet connections. Just tightened them up and they have been fine.

And, yes, our refer transitions between elect and LP just fine. FYI, if the wind is blowing just right on the road it will extinguish the flame and cause a shutdown. That requires a manual reset to start it back up again. Not a design flaw.

PS ours does not have a kitchen slide

PPS transition to LP...have you run the refrigerator on propane much? There can be air in the line and it is not purged when the power goes out. If I have not run it on LP for a while it will take a couple of tries to get it going. Again, not a design flaw.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:08 PM   #9

Awesome. Thanks for the info. As far as the leak in the sink, the weight for the faucet is clearly hitting both connections which is causing the leaks there.

The leak in the rear driver side has me puzzled.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #10

On drivers side where the city water connection is? Mine leaked from a fitting behind that panel. Had to replace one of the 90deg fittings.

Go in through the baggage compartment. There is an access panel on the bulkhead with four screws. Remove those and you will find the water pump and all the plumbing connections.

PS I tied the water lines under the kitchen sink so the weight would not hit the lines.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #11

Norcold Refrigerators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony from NJ View Post
Has anyone noticed the issue with the Norcold refrigerators that Jayco uses? I've noticed that they clearly fail in environments that are at 90 degrees or higher.

Also, clearly there is a design flaw with the sink. The faucet that pulls out in the kitchen runs between the hot and cold feed, which means it hits the couplings and causes a large leak.

Has anyone noticed a water leak in the rear driver side? Where the electric power cord plugs in? If not, you probably will.

Also, when you lose power we're noticing the transfer to LP doesn't work either. I'm not a novice with RV's, but for a rig like this we're slightly disappointed, and wondering if this was an expensive mistake.

Under 300 miles and very disappointed with this purchase.
Us to 16 Eagle 321RSTS items in door shelves not cold.Some folks use reflective bubble wrap in door shelves attach with Velcro.Found company smart RV products make interior cooling fan led lighting.Others seem happy with product we are trying both.We are in Phoenix cooking here too!
Attached Thumbnails
smartrvproducts 001.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:57 PM   #12

I know where you mean exactly. Mine is from the far driver side rear corner, it seeps from under that corner table, but you can clearly hear the drip. So it's definitely coming from up top. To add to the list, we just found yet another leak in the bathroom near the shower stall.

The hits just keep coming....
Old 08-10-2017, 03:58 PM   #13

To make sure your propane lines do not have air in them.We light a burner on the stove first.Are preference is not to use auto switch over on propane tanks.We always leave one tank shut off.Then we always know when one tanks dry.We are 21 months into are camper have an appointment Aug 30th more warranty.We figure it takes about two years to get everything fixed!Hang in there!
Attached Thumbnails
BB.Flag 2008 Pinegrove.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote