Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-15-2016, 09:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
If you compute the engineering, it virtually DOUBLES the strength.....

Thanks for that insight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:31 AM   #12

Sani-con

Does anyone have the Sani-con Turbo Waste Management System on their 377RLBH? We are figuring out the options we want on our rig we are about to order. I haven't been able to find much info about it, but it seems worth it if it works.

mjudkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjudkins View Post
Does anyone have the Sani-con Turbo Waste Management System on their 377RLBH? We are figuring out the options we want on our rig we are about to order. I haven't been able to find much info about it, but it seems worth it if it works.
We have it, and there's some good, some bad. I like that it's self contained and clean, no disconnecting a hose and storing it away. Also, as advertised, one could pump uphill if needed, no need to add slope as the pump does the work of gravity. And it pumps quickly too! But the design that Jayco used installing the system is just poor. They've installed the pump mid-RV and ran a 1.5" line all the way to the back, drop it beneath the frame and then raise it back up into the container where the flexible hose and dump mast are stored. It essentially creates a P trap that blocks the length of the the drain pipe from venting correctly, so you end up raising the flexible line up and down a few times to help it drain and vent via bubble... Not a big deal, but then I wonder if the whole line is free of waste plus is it free of water in the winter? I plan on removing that long line and putting in a cam locking fitting directly at the pump. Yes, I'll have to disconnect the hose, but will know nothing is there to freeze.
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:01 PM   #14

Well we ended up buying a 2017 377RLBH that is at a local dealership vs ordering. We are planning a couple of long trips for next year, which will be our first time overnighting. Do you guys leave your vehicle hooked up on overnight stays or unhook? If you leave it hooked up can you extend the slides? Thanks
Old 10-30-2016, 05:15 PM   #15

If we do an over night in a parking lot I stay hooked up, and have extended slides, if needed, with no problems.

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
If we do an over night in a parking lot I stay hooked up, and have extended slides, if needed, with no problems.

Dave
So no need to drop any of the jacks or anything?
Old 10-30-2016, 06:39 PM   #17

Quote:
So no need to drop any of the jacks or anything?
My guess is that while connected, you wouldn't want to attempt to level due to the loads applied to your truck. I suppose you could lower them as far as just touching the ground for stabilizing, but even then, I'm not sure what the norm is. Good point!
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Like Jettech said about the front. That's why, for the most part, I don't pull the pins on the front at all. The 3.0 is fast enough the front jacks will go down fast during "ground jacks". Its pretty close to the speed of hydraulic jacks and they have no pin extensions
It not like I have to stand there and actually hold a button. It's automatic.

I only pull the pins when I can see the front will not need to lower, like at home.
Its not that easy humped over pulling pins when your older.
I have to try that Klassic. I normally put a 2 x 8 piece of wood under front landing gear and also 4 point jacks.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
I have to try that Klassic. I normally put a 2 x 8 piece of wood under front landing gear and also 4 point jacks.
I see where the confusion is coming from now, The 377 has what is described as a 6 pt levelling system both in the advertising literature and here in practice.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:39 PM   #20

Quote:
I waffled back and forth on this option when I placed my order. On paper it sounded like a good idea.

My parents have had several nice motorhomes in the last few years and I know on one of them my mom had a macerator system so I talked to her. Overall they like the system but on their newest order they went back to a conventional dump tube.

At the end of the day your using a blender/pump to chop everything up and push it through a garden hose. When (key word here) it plugs up you have no choice but to dissemble the system and clean out the offending debris to get things flowing again. While she did say it wasn't particularly finicky there were things like laundry lint, dog hair, and whatever else might make it into the system that caused predictable problems occasionally.

Since this duty is normally (always ) my moms in her rig and mine in ours and it is something that we are doing after all the other chores are done and getting ready to leave the site. I decided the last thing I would want to be doing is unclogging a macerator pump. Even is it's only 3% of the time that means at least once each year I get the unexpected treat.

The standard dump tube, while still not pleasant is very predictable and for the most part works everytime.

Anyway, those were my thoughts on the macerator system and why I didn't include it on my order.