Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2017, 07:16 PM   #1

2017 NP 351RSQS Outside Kitchen Gray Water Holding Tank?

Does anyone know if the outside kitchen of a 2017 North Point 351RSQS has its own dedicated gray water holding tank?

If the outside kitchen does have its own gray water holding tank, do you know what size it is?

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:52 PM   #2

My 2016 NP had its own tank. I do not know how big. Not very I would imagine.

Jim
Old 08-16-2017, 06:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdawg View Post
My 2016 NP had its own tank. I do not know how big. Not very I would imagine.
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the brochure for the 2017 NP and checked the spec's for the 351RSQS. It indicates 95 gallons of Grey Waste Water Capacity, split between tanks.
So I'm guessing the outside kitchen gray tank is 10 gallons.

Here's what I'm guessing the gray waste water tank capacities are:
Bath/Shower - 50 gallons
Kitchen/Galley - 35 gallons
Outside Kitchen - 10 gallons.

Can anyone confirm this or identify what the actual capacities are?

Thanks
Old 08-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROC-REQS View Post
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the brochure for the 2017 NP and checked the spec's for the 351RSQS. It indicates 95 gallons of Grey Waste Water Capacity, split between tanks.
So I'm guessing the outside kitchen gray tank is 10 gallons.

Here's what I'm guessing the gray waste water tank capacities are:
Bath/Shower - 50 gallons
Kitchen/Galley - 35 gallons
Outside Kitchen - 10 gallons.

Can anyone confirm this or identify what the actual capacities are?

Thanks
This is one of my frustrations regarding Jayco (and probably every other manufacturer). The fact that the trailer came equipped the way it is from the factory, yet there is no documentation on what is actually on your specific trailer. If you have 3 gray water tanks then it seems as though someone should know what the capacities of each tank are. Doesn't seem to be the case.

Jim
Old 08-16-2017, 12:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdawg View Post
This is one of my frustrations regarding Jayco (and probably every other manufacturer). The fact that the trailer came equipped the way it is from the factory, yet there is no documentation on what is actually on your specific trailer. If you have 3 gray water tanks then it seems as though someone should know what the capacities of each tank are. Doesn't seem to be the case.
Hi Jim,

I asked Jayco for a location diagram for the tanks. They sent me what they call a "FLOORPLAN" diagram that included the location and size of each tank.

For our unit, the tank sizes are:
Fresh Water Tank: Dimensions: 36"x50"x10" Size: 75 Gallons
Black Waste Water Tank: Dimensions: 28"x80"x7.5" Size: 52 Gallons
Bath/Shower Grey Waste Water Tank: Dimensions: 28"x80"x7.5" Size: 52 Gallons
Kitchen/Galley Grey Waste Water Tank: Dimensions: 24"x60"x8" Size: 37 Gallons

Thought I would share this. I would expect tank sizes to be very similar if not the same on most FWs.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:35 AM   #6

I have the exact unit, same year and I have no holding tank for the outdoor kitchen sink, it has its own drain with a valve
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I have the exact unit, same year and I have no holding tank for the outdoor kitchen sink, it has its own drain with a valve
Hi Donna,

Thanks for the reply & info.

A friend just bought this unit, will be picking it up in a couple of weeks.

I haven't seen the unit yet, but he did mention about the extra drain valve toward the back.

So no holding tank, just a direct link between the outdoor kitchen sink and the drain pipe valve. That's interesting, thanks for the info.

Can you / do you use the outdoor kitchen sink without the drain valve connected to a sewer?

Thanks
Old 08-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #8

Yes, you have about 5 gallons from the sink to the end of the drain pipe, maybe a little more.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:58 PM   #9

Just received confirmation from Jayco Customer Service.

There is a holding tank with the outside kitchen and its size is 8 gallons with it's own drain.

Jayco also provided Pipe/Drain diagrams and floor plan diagram that identified the location and size of the outside kitchen holding tank.

The outside kitchen holding tank size as indicated on the diagram is 16" x 34.5"

The diagram also indicated for the other tanks:
Fresh Water: 36" x 50" - 75 gallons.
Galley Gray Water: 24" x 60" - 37 gallons
Bath/Shower Gray Water: 28" x 60" - 50 gallons
Black Water: 28" x 60" - 50 gallons

Note: The diagram did not include depth dimensions for any of the tanks, only width x length dimensions.

Just wanted to pass on this information if anyone may be interested.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:57 PM   #10

Sorry, I stand corrected!
Old 08-28-2017, 05:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Just received confirmation from Jayco Customer Service.

There is a holding tank with the outside kitchen and its size is 8 gallons with it's own drain.

Jayco also provided Pipe/Drain diagrams and floor plan diagram that identified the location and size of the outside kitchen holding tank.

The outside kitchen holding tank size as indicated on the diagram is 16" x 34.5"

The diagram also indicated for the other tanks:
Fresh Water: 36" x 50" - 75 gallons.
Galley Gray Water: 24" x 60" - 37 gallons
Bath/Shower Gray Water: 28" x 60" - 50 gallons
Black Water: 28" x 60" - 50 gallons

Note: The diagram did not include depth dimensions for any of the tanks, only width x length dimensions.

Just wanted to pass on this information if anyone may be interested.
The Jayco response is BS. I defy you to find a specific holding tank for the outdoor kitchen. The holding tank is the drain pipe and holds 5 gallons (ish). I had the same fight with Jayco back in 2014 when I bought my 351 RSTS Eagle Premiere (the predecessor to the North Point). I couldn't figure out why after draining the sink 3 times it kept backing up. No tank that's why. Jayco argued with me that there was a holding tank. They were wrong.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #12

Thanks for the info in the thread. My question, is where is the drain cap or release located for the outside kitchen. Marty
Milfordmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milfordmarty View Post
Thanks for the info in the thread. My question, is where is the drain cap or release located for the outside kitchen. Marty
Hi Marty,

I know on our friends that have a 2017 North Point 351RSQS the kitchen drain cap and release is~2-3 feet behind the wheels on the opposite door side. It's sort-of tucked in under the frame and the slide.

I've attached the layout diagram the Jayco provided for their model.
It shows the location and size of the kitchen gray tank. It will also give you an idea where the drain cap & release are located - straight across from the kitchen gray tank to a location under the opposite door side slide.

Hope this helps
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0055458_-_1_080713.pdf (119.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 06-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #14

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
2017 NP 351RSQS Outside Kitchen Gray Water Holding Tank?

Quote:
Hi Jim,

I asked Jayco for a location diagram for the tanks. They sent me what they call a "FLOORPLAN" diagram that included the location and size of each tank.

For our unit, the tank sizes are:

Fresh Water Tank: Dimensions: 36"x50"x10" Size: 75 Gallons

Black Waste Water Tank: Dimensions: 28"x80"x7.5" Size: 52 Gallons

Bath/Shower Grey Waste Water Tank: Dimensions: 28"x80"x7.5" Size: 52 Gallons

Kitchen/Galley Grey Waste Water Tank: Dimensions: 24"x60"x8" Size: 37 Gallons

Thought I would share this. I would expect tank sizes to be very similar if not the same on most FWs.

Certainly, thanks for sharing. I have the 377RLBH which has the 75 gal fresh, 50 gal black and grey, plus a 35 gal kitchen galley grey. Just 2 gal less. However I just ran the numbers and found the 80" values for the black and bath grey they gave you are are incorrect for the gallon capacity stated. 60" is correct. At 80", the capacity becomes 69.5 gallons, corrected for 1/8" app. sidewall thickness.

Also the dimensions given for the kitchen galley grey add up to a 47.6 gal capacity, not 37 gal, given 1/8" SW thickness. The PDF drawing for the 351RSTS gave the same LxW but did not the height. A mystery here until someone pours measured buckets down the drain.

I'd love to see the 377 floor plan diagram from 2017.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:26 AM   #15

I've had my unit (North Point 351RSQS) about a year and half now, so I decided to do an under belly inspection. I removed some access panels and happen to find a gray water tank (8-10 gallons) under the out door kitchen and everything appears to be plumbed correctly, it seems like it doesn't fill up. I even took a 5 gallon bucket and dumped it in the sink and after about 2.5 gallons the sink started to back up. Water just goes straight to the drain pipe and I can see wire connections on the side of the tank for the level which reads empty all the time on the panel. I'm thinking maybe there is a lever somewhere that I'm missing or there is something wrong with tank itself? Don't really have much confidence in the dealer to answer this question.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:28 PM   #16

Quote:
I've had my unit (North Point 351RSQS) about a year and half now, so I decided to do an under belly inspection. I removed some access panels and happen to find a gray water tank (8-10 gallons) under the out door kitchen and everything appears to be plumbed correctly, it seems like it doesn't fill up. I even took a 5 gallon bucket and dumped it in the sink and after about 2.5 gallons the sink started to back up. Water just goes straight to the drain pipe and I can see wire connections on the side of the tank for the level which reads empty all the time on the panel. I'm thinking maybe there is a lever somewhere that I'm missing or there is something wrong with tank itself? Don't really have much confidence in the dealer to answer this question.
When the water backs up into the sink, does it stay there (i.e., until you open the holding tank drain valve) or does it slowly drain (i.e., with the holding tank drain valve closed)?

When you open the holding tank drain valve, does the water drain out at a good flow or does it trickle out?

I'm wondering if you have a blockage in the drain pipe from the sink to the holding tank.

What I would try at home is to hook up to water, open the holding tank drain valve for the outside kitchen sink, run the outside kitchen sink faucet at full. See if the water starts flowing out the holding tank drain valve at approximately the same flow rate as the kitchen faucet flow rate. Or does it just trickle out the drain valve and/or does the outside kitchen sink start to back up.
This may help identify if you have a blockage in the drain pipe between the outside sink and the holding tank.

Hope this is of some help.
Good luck.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:18 PM   #17

It's seems like there is no blockage and it does flow pretty good. When it backs up it stays there.

Thanks for the response.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:30 AM   #18

Quote:
It's seems like there is no blockage and it does flow pretty good. When it backs up it stays there...
That's odd, well, I'm out of ideas, sorry.

Hopefully someone else here will have some thoughts and ideas.

Good luck. Hope you solve the mystery.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:24 AM   #19

Thanks for your input ROC. Don't use the sink much but it is the mystery that has me stumped
Old 07-18-2018, 11:02 AM   #20

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Sorry for being slightly off topic, while my unit does not have an outdoor sink, I thought I’d throw this in this footnote to the alleged 50 gal shower grey capacity of my NP 377RLBH...with app 1.5 gallons standing water in the shower basin, an experiment using four 5 gal buckets, I collected 3 rounds (all an inch from the top) plus app three gal bucket for 63 gallons! I’ve yet to try the same with the 35 gal galley grey.

I’m a fan for knowledge of the exact capacities of all my tanks. Hope you find the true cause of your backup with the kitchen grey. Has anyone asked about where the vent to it is located? What is it’s condition?
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote