Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2017, 07:07 PM   #1

2017 Pinnacle Closet

We have a new 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38 REFS which is being delivered to the campground tomorrow. Our question relates to the bedroom closet. Has anyone utilized both closet hanging bars in the master bedroom closet or should we use just the top bar for hanging to avoid clothes hanging over and getting in the way of the second bar?

Help or experience with this is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
CapeCodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #2

We have the same model and only use the top bar. It sounds like you don't move yours around but if you do the bar will fall off during transport. I put a small eye hook in the bar and one in the wall and zip tied them together. That solves the problem. Then I ordered security hangers online - like the one' sin hotels. They have a full circle that goes over the bar so they cannot fall off. Works great for us. That bottom bar is really low and the top bar is long enoungh that we just do not need the bottom.
Fishermanbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:44 PM   #3

Thanks so much for the quick answer! The Pinnacle is being delivered tomorrow to our campground by the dealership and the closet bars will be installed for the first time! We won't be hauling it as we will be leaving it on the site.
I am now thinking that we will also just use the tiop bar only. I would assume it holds a good amount of weight
CapeCodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:28 AM   #4

We had the same problem, I am 6'4" and there is no way to really use both rods. My DW is vertically challenged at 5'3" and even her clothes didn't fit the racks. We removed the original mounts and put one bar in at the needed height. This left about 18" above so we added two full length wire shelves from Lowes. We also have a washer and dryer in the verticle closet so this config works perfect for us.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2017, 06:10 AM   #5

We use both bars as we full time and need the space. The upper bar is for shirts and jackets. The bottom bar is for pants and we use these hangers:http://www.organizeit.com/images/fri...ts-hangers.jpg

Works fine for us. The pants don't hang as low with these.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote