Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2019, 03:02 PM   #1

2018 Eagle 317RLOK TO TALL

Love this Jayco owners forum. I have learned so much from everyone on here. Just took trailer in for some minor repairs and told them about the trailer being to tall. Dealer acted like they new nothing about it, so I called Jayco customer service. And just like that have new low profile AC being installed. Also had the front nose cap repainted already under warranty thanks to the great people on here. I also love the modifications links thread, done a few of those as well. Thanks everybody keep up the good work.
Kjt92840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:49 AM   #2

KJT , May ask what do you tow your 5er with? Also How High is it? And did you measure while hooked up to TV?
I also have an ‘18 317rlok. I also just had front cap repainted. Looks amazing. Hope it stays that way
Afrnd2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjt92840 View Post
Love this Jayco owners forum. I have learned so much from everyone on here. Just took trailer in for some minor repairs and told them about the trailer being to tall. Dealer acted like they new nothing about it, so I called Jayco customer service. And just like that have new low profile AC being installed. Also had the front nose cap repainted already under warranty thanks to the great people on here. I also love the modifications links thread, done a few of those as well. Thanks everybody keep up the good work.
The common denominator when it comes to service complaints.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:25 AM   #4

I have a 06 Ram 2500 with the 5.9. I run Timbrens rated at 6000 lbs built tranny and run a Superchips tunner in tow mode makes about 400 hp. I pull a 6% grade fully loaded at 65 mph. Want to upgrade to a 3500 DWR truck in the future. I never measured the height, asked dealer to do it and they refused to do it. I told the dealer that I was going to call Jayco customer service and he said he was going to call them as well. So I called and it took a week for Jayco to get back to me, the Jayco rep was very nice and said he was going to call dealer and have them measure it. So I emailed the dealer right away and a hour later got a response from dealer saying they are sending a request to Jayco for a low profile AC. I did tell Jayco rep that I'm on the owners forum and that I know Jayco is putting on the low profile AC for my model. The 2019 models come now with the low profile AC from the factory. Trailer was never measured on my truck so Jayco knows they have a height issue. If I was you call Jayco and speak with someone regarding your height. Dealer did a awesome job on the nose cap and it looks great. Good luck to you and safe travels.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:35 AM   #5

Couldn't agree more with you.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #6

How much shorter are these newer AC's ?
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:39 PM   #7

Low profile AC is about 5" to 6" shorter then the standard one I believe. I looked up the Colman 15K dimension and it says 13.8" and the new low profile 15K says 8" that's a big difference in height.