Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2017, 06:44 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to T&R Emptynest Send a message via MSN to T&R Emptynest Send a message via Yahoo to T&R Emptynest
2018 Eagle HT 24.5 CKTS

Hello all,
My wife and I just purchased a Jayco Eagle HT 24.5 CKTS,

I am wondering if anyone else out there has this model and how you like it.

We are excited to use it once a couple of issues get addressed by the dealer.

Ted
T&R Emptynest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:37 AM   #2

Congratulations and Welcome from NorCal.

NCMFFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:23 AM   #3

Congratulations on the new Eagle and welcome.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:33 AM   #4
Site Team

Congratulations and welcome.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #5

Congratulations and welcome!

We've had similar floor plans in the past (White Hawk 29REKS and Eagle 323LKTS) and were very happy with them. Only reason we traded is that we found we needed/wanted just a little more room. Our current rig is it though
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:34 AM   #6

My wife & I looked at possibly getting the 24.5 CKTS but then were told about the 2018 25.5 REOK coming out and we're curious about this one before we decide. The dealer has one coming but not sure how soon. How do you like your 24.5?
mjohn25000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:03 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to T&R Emptynest Send a message via MSN to T&R Emptynest Send a message via Yahoo to T&R Emptynest
My wife and I love the floor plan, Haven't had the chance to actually use it yet but I did like the way it towed on the way home.

Ted
Old 10-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #8

We're curious about the 25.5 because you can get theater seating instead of a sofa. The theater seats are more comfortable in my opinion. Not that we're in there watching tv often but if it's raining or something. I also like the idea of no slide out on the right side so you have a full awning space to hang out and it has a small outdoor kitchen. We'll see what happens when the dealer gets it and we get a chance to check it out. I hope it comes before they spread salt on our MN highways for the winter. Good luck with yours!
mjohn25000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:31 AM   #9

I do agree with kitchen slide blocking the awning, but we got caught up looking at the floor plan and did not realize the awning deal until we had signed the dotted line and a week later we did our walk through and they ran the awning out.
Oh well we still like the floor plan, Even though our winters in Northern Nevada are not like yours in MN we still get snow and ice conditions and will have to winterize soon.
Good luck with your choice and enjoy.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:23 PM   #10

We ordered a 24.5CKTS but...

won't get it until spring, 2018. I spec'd ours with
Peppercorn trim
L-shaped dinette
16" tire upgrade
Reese Revolution 90 pin box
50 amp wiring with second A/C prep
Dry camp pkg.
Electric rear stabilizer jacks
Double pane tinted window upgrade
Solid surface kitchen counter top
Sanicon waste system
Girard 3 tankless water heater (which I hope I will like)

The tow vehicle is a 2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Super Cab diesel 4x4 which was ordered with tow technology pkg. including ultimate trailer tow camera system and customer installed rear view camera that mounts on the trailer with tire pressure monitor system for the trailer tires, and has a blind-spot mirror warning system that can be programmed to include the trailer in the keep-out zone. I will definitely add a good water pressure regulator and a Progressive Industries HW50C surge protector. I'm strongly considering adding the Mor-Ryde wet bolt kit and cross member kit. Eventually I will probably add a Go-power extreme 480 watt solar panel system with auto switching and 3000 watt pure sine inverter and a Cummins Onan LP genset with an automatic switch on the land-line side.

For an old guy I have a busy summer coming up. In late March or early April we will head to the UP to open our summer cottage for the season. Then later in April I plan to drive from our place in Port Huron, MI to Indiana RV Connection in Middlebury Indiana and tow the new Jayco home where it will get parked in the driveway and abandoned for about 21 days while wife and I drive to Alameda, CA to visit daughter and grand daughter. We are going in my 2014 Ford Focus Titanium which is actually pretty comfy on long trips, it's been to Austin Texas a couple of times and it gets between 34 and 40mpg. The itinerary includes stops at points of interest in Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah and Nevada going to Alameda, then thru Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, and Indiana on the way back to Michigan. Call it a scouting trip for future reference. When I get home we will start checking out the Jayco and tow it up to the UP and make short camping trips to try it out and learn it. At some point we hope to drag the Jayco to Alaska and back if we like it. We will keep you posted from time to time and hope you will write about your experiences.

Best regards...
Dave
dkrugler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:30 PM   #11

Congrats on your new Eagle!
Old 11-04-2017, 05:36 PM   #12

Congratulations on your new Jayco, We haven't had the chance to actually use our trailer yet due to traveling back and forth to Sacramento, Ca from Sparks, Nv every weekend to watch our daughter play softball, and now that winter is setting in we probably wont get to use it until summer, since our daughter's softball schedule is from mid February to the end of May.
If we do get the chance to use it I will defiantly post.
Hope you enjoy your new Jayco and look forward to hearing story's hopefully positive.

Take care
Ted
Old 09-20-2018, 07:08 PM   #13

We got a good deal on the 24.5ckts in the spring and love it... the awning thing is a bit annoying but we use the noodles to make sure it doesn’t get damaged by the kitchen slide. We have thoroughly enjoyed getting familiar with it and think it will be a great rig when we start snowbirding it down south! Plenty of room for the two of us and our two dogs and two cats!
Sshepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:44 PM   #14

Congratulations and welcome!
Old 10-11-2018, 12:48 PM   #15

I have a 2017 24.5 ckts. It's a nice unit but the last 1.5 years have shown the manufacturing flaws Jayco has had. The molding around the stove slide is falling off, slide is needing reset (again), the chips at certain points are showing poor QA, the propane is difficult to access for bottle inserting, the slides needed all the seals replaced and there is the occasional sawdust or packaging from the vents.
sub1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:27 PM   #16

Disappointed

All I can say is that we have been disappointed in the quality of the unit.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&R Emptynest View Post
All I can say is that we have been disappointed in the quality of the unit.
As someone who is considering strongly the same unit, can you expand? I want to go over the unit for a LONG time before I sign, the one I am looking at has sat on a dealer lot for a quite some time, as evidenced by dirt and rust.p
Half Ton Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote