Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 07:54 PM   #1

2018 Eagle is Junk

We have owned numerous RVs and our 2018 Eagle HT 30.5MBOK was a Lemon and had to be returned to the Jayco factory for major repairs. Buyer beware!

There are posts in this forum that the Eagle quality was so poor the production line had to shut down. We used our Eagle only twice and it was at the dealer and returned to the Jayco factory starting at the end of July through September.

We had piping leaks under the kitchen
Slides that would hang up
An exterior slide seal was never installed allowing water in
voltage surges when heater turned on - Then microwave blow out

Wire arms under one slide broke off
Then when returning to the dealer for warranty repair we discovered the walls and roof lines were separating thanks to a frame issue.

The quality on this unit was very poor as well as some design flaws.

Moderator Edit: Video removed for over-posting.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:03 AM   #2

Sorry to read of your troubles. The RV industry is not in a good place right now regarding quality. I think it is going to hurt them in the long run because if my first camper had been a problem, I would never have purchased a second or third and would have gotten out of RVing.

One of the major reasons I am not seriously looking at purchasing a different RV is due to all of the issues people are having. I’ll keep my current rig which has given me almost no problems in 7 seasons.

Good luck.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #3

Your problems may be the more norm than not! We have a 2016 Eagle 321 RSTS. Literally took 2 years and 11 months to resolve all the warranty!Just a few repairs entire roof replaced.Decking for living room floor separated exactly in half!Frame for bath room door replaced, factory used 1x2s green lumber.We are lucky in Phoenix lots and lots of RV dealers! Thanks all good now, knock on wood!What may help RV industry with there quality is another big recession.
Attached Thumbnails
quartsite flag XX.jpg  
Old 10-02-2018, 05:38 PM   #4

2018 Jaco HT 29.5 BHOK

I have a 2018 Jaco HT 29.5 BHOK and I'm just starting find all the problems. I've not seen any big items like you mention but the total number of problem is very disappointing. My biggest issue right now is all my tanks seem to slide open when I drive it to the dumping station making it a very disgusting experience every time. Plus they don't seem to empty correctly with some tank still at 2/3 for a long time while a straw size flow of water just continually comes out till it's empty. I am just starting to make a very detail list of items before I bring it back and leave it for lots of repairs.

The most frustrating part for me is many of these would have been absolutely apparent to the workers who did the work but I'm guessing the culture of the company is so broken that it gets completely ignored. It's apparent when a screw is completely crooked to the point of not going in and it stick out the side and prevents the closet slide out from closing properly and yet they just ship it.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:14 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcote View Post
Plus they don't seem to empty correctly with some tank still at 2/3 for a long time while a straw size flow of water just continually comes out till it's empty.
Just a side note for you. Tank sensors are inherently inaccurate in all RV's across all manufacturers. There have been many discussions on this board concerning their operation. It's frustrating, but it isn't unique to your unit.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:27 PM   #6

I have a 2018 30.5 mbok. I custom ordered it. So far no mechanical issues. Lots of interior cosmetics I fixed myself (loose mounding). Even though I sealed the vents, I still have sawdust randomly coming out.

The pex pipes are noisy (my 2013 was quiet).
Old 10-04-2018, 06:01 AM   #7

Pex pipes are noisy. I used some of the foam pipe insulation and used it on the pipes near the water pump. Anyplace a Pex pipe touched something I put the foam tube. When done you could barely hear the pump running.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
Old 10-04-2018, 10:03 AM   #8

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Our 2018 Eagle 30.5MBOK was ordered by us & delivered in April and "knock on wood" no major issues so far! Like chas111 said, lots of minor interior fixes of trim & loose paneling that I've done myself but a leaking hall window, bubble in the flooring, unattached slide seal and one "screw spidered" exterior door was replaced or repaired by the Dealer. Unfortunately that took 6 weeks to repair because they said Jayco took 4 weeks to send a new window!! Although we like this new 5th wheel, our prior Open Range TT had way better "fit & finish" all the way around it...... We just really liked the floor plan of this Eagle HT and the way a 5th wheel towed.........
Old 10-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #9

Hey Ford and Jayco;
I own a 2018 Eagle and would like to see the video that the moderator removed.
While I'm not looking to comment on Jayco's quality or lack there of, I would like to see what you see so I can look at those trouble areas and make sure that my Eagle is not starting to have those problems. I've always found that addressing things when small is easier than waiting for them to become bigger. Please email to boshon1@yahoo.com, this email is the one posted on this site. Thanks
Old 10-04-2018, 11:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1 View Post
Hey Ford and Jayco;
PM sent.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas111 View Post
The pex pipes are noisy (my 2013 was quiet).
The PEX pipe is noisy due to Jayco not following the directions on the water pump. The directions call for non rigid pipe at the connection to the water pump, if rigid pipe like PEX is directly connected it causes lots of vibrations and hammering. I found this out when looking at the water line connections on my boat, wondering why it was so quiet and the TT was a rattle trap. My boat used a silencing kit from the PEX to the pump, it is a softer tubing that doesn't carry the vibrations. You can purchase a kit on Amazon, worked wonders on my TT.

https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-94-59...+vibration+kit
Old 10-04-2018, 12:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
The PEX pipe is noisy due to Jayco not following the directions on the water pump. The directions call for non rigid pipe at the connection to the water pump, if rigid pipe like PEX is directly connected it causes lots of vibrations and hammering. I found this out when looking at the water line connections on my boat, wondering why it was so quiet and the TT was a rattle trap. My boat used a silencing kit from the PEX to the pump, it is a softer tubing that doesn't carry the vibrations. You can purchase a kit on Amazon, worked wonders on my TT.

https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-94-59...+vibration+kit
+1

Did the same on my trailer. Between that kit and an accumulator tank, I couldn't hear the pump unless I opened the cabinet where it was located.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Old 10-04-2018, 02:45 PM   #13
Site Team

You may want to find the pump before ordering the silencing kit. Mine already had one new. Insulating pipes was the fix.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 10-04-2018, 02:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1 View Post
Hey Ford and Jayco;
While I'm not looking to comment on Jayco's quality or lack there of, I would like to see what you see so I can look at those trouble areas and make sure that my Eagle is not starting to have those problems. I've always found that addressing things when small is easier than waiting for them to become bigger. Please email to boshon1@yahoo.com, this email is the one posted on this site. Thanks
I don't think the video was specific to this RV but about RV issues in general (could have my videos mixed up).

That said very sorry to hear about the issues you're having. Jayco is suppose to be one of the better quality products but that may depend on the design (new or something that has been around for a while) and/or the production line and/or who was working the line the day the particular RV was made. If we hear about a rash of problems with this model that would be very disheartening.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
Old 10-04-2018, 03:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordandJayco View Post
We have owned numerous RVs and our 2018 Eagle HT 30.5MBOK was a Lemon and had to be returned to the Jayco factory for major repairs. Buyer beware!
Just read a post on JOF about a yr old GMC dually falling apart too and GM arguing about whose paying for the lost trip and extra expenses. Does that mean " buyer beware" for all GMC trucks? JAYCO is taking care of repairs.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:45 AM   #16

That is why we are keeping are 2006 Ram 3500! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
06 Dodge.jpg  
Old 10-05-2018, 09:18 PM   #17

I did put my own connection kit on my pump and it did quite the jack hammer effect. I also installed pool noodles around the pex I could get to.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #18

So sorry to hear about your problems!

We purchased a 2018 Eagle HT 306RKDS and so far have not had any major (and very few minor) problems!

This is our first TT and we had no idea what the heck we were doing.

Knock on wood that we continue to have no major problems!

We're having a ball!
Chris
Old 10-10-2018, 12:55 PM   #19

I am relieved that I am not the only owner that is finished with Jayco or as I like to call them, Junkco….I have owned my 2018 Seneca 37RB Super C for 13 months and it has had 26 work orders performed. We have missed the entire months of Aug and Sep so far and my annual trip to the race at Talladega this week! There is no such thing as Quality when it comes to Junkco and certainly no Control over the products sent out to hard working Americans who paid good money for their product!!!
Old 10-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #20

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post683062
Closed Thread