Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Have you had multiple problems with your Jayco Eagle 321RSTS?
Happy with the camper? 14 87.50%
What kind of problems have you had? 2 12.50%
Have you contacted Jayco about problems? 1 6.25%
Has anyone used the lemon law in your state? 1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2019, 12:54 AM   #21

Oh I see, it look like that their service just went down before they were bought out they didn't care any more they much of knew it was coming so they had the didn't care attitude, well I really hope it work out for you and that you will get through this.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:52 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Oh I see, it look like that their service just went down before they were bought out they didn't care any more they much of knew it was coming so they had the didn't care attitude, well I really hope it work out for you and that you will get through this.

I do love the set up of the 321RSTS and I am hoping that these are the last of the problems. I expect little things to pop up. It is being driven up and down the highways and vibration will cause screws, bolts, etc. to loosen. I spent several months looking at different FW before deciding on this one. Thank you, I do too.
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN
backpack1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:18 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by georam1 View Post
I got under the RV and opened the access panel and the slide motor mounting bracket had come lose and was bent. I took it off, went to my shop and beat it straight in a vice and put it back on.
Georam,

We have a 317 RLOK which is similar to yours except the rear living arrangement is flipped. I too do most of my own maintenance. Recently I’ve been getting a loud noise from our dinette slide. Where is the access panel located underneath?

Thanks,

2017 Jayco 317 RLOK
2015 F-350 CCSB KR 6.7 PS
Dascro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:22 AM   #24

It should be on the opposite side from the slide. It's just a cutout of the underbelly held in place by some screws. Ours started making some noise not long after we got it and I had the dealer look at it because I already had it up there for another issue. There was just some junk left under there from the factory that got in the way. When I pulled the panel off to fix the bracket I found more junk under there. Apparently the workers at the factory used it for a garbage can or something. Lazy workers.
georam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:33 AM   #25

Quote:
It should be on the opposite side from the slide. It's just a cutout of the underbelly held in place by some screws. Ours started making some noise not long after we got it and I had the dealer look at it because I already had it up there for another issue. There was just some junk left under there from the factory that got in the way. When I pulled the panel off to fix the bracket I found more junk under there. Apparently the workers at the factory used it for a garbage can or something. Lazy workers.
That is exactly what happens. Its not just the underbelly either. Look behind your furnace,fridge, microwave or fireplace. Usually you can find all kinds of left over flooring, wires, plywood, scotch locks, and even an occasional Amish sock (Happened once!)
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:36 AM   #26

I didn't know that the Amish wore socks. LOL
georam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:55 AM   #27

Quote:
It should be on the opposite side from the slide.
Thanks Georam1! I’d of never thought to look opposite the slide. We are currently out using our unit. I’ll check it out when we get back home.

The noise on ours seems to coming from the corner closest to the door.

Dave

2017 Jayco 317 RLOK
2015 F-350 CCSB KR 6.7 PS
Dascro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #28

I know when I was working at Boeing they call that fobs, we had to carry around a fob bag, you will be surprised on what was left behind.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:48 PM   #29

Update on tire wearing out

I finally got my FW into a trailer shop yesterday. The axle is slightly bent. LCI/Lippert has all the info and pictures and they are ordering a new one to be shipped to my trailer shop. They are saying it should be at the shop in 5 to 10 days and the trailer shop is going to call me to bring it in and have it replaced. Lippert is going to give me almost half of the cost to replace the tires and Jayco is saying they will replace one. Might have to pay out about $30.00 out of my pocket for 2 new Goodyear Endurance ST235/85R16s.
Lippert did say the bent axle was not my fault. Considering I haven't hit anything and haven't anywhere near overloaded the FW I agreed with them.
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN
Old 05-08-2019, 11:36 PM   #30

Wow, backpack1953 you are having more than usually problem this is unacceptable. So are you going to keep it when you get it back or trade it in?
Old 05-09-2019, 06:04 AM   #31

Keep it or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Wow, backpack1953 you are having more than usually problem this is unacceptable. So are you going to keep it when you get it back or trade it in?

I'm not sure. TN does have a lemon law. I really like the set up of the 321RSTS. I have done a little looking on the internet at other brands. I'm going to give it a little more time to see how things go. I do know that if I do make them take it back and get another one I WON'T be buying it from Dunlap Family RV.
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN
Old 05-09-2019, 06:50 PM   #32

Amen on that, I'm the same way if they make it right and if I like something I will keep it, and yes we love our 321RSTS the floor plan in perfect (after two other) I guess it's live and learn.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:29 AM   #33

We just purchased a 2019 RSTS. We are very fortunate to have the dealer we have. This is our 4th unit we have purchased and overall things have been good. We found a couple dents on the outside when we picked it up. But we usually use the camper throughout the summer and then take it into the dealer in the fall. We keep if most of everything that has to be fixed and they always come through and we never have had to go back one time to fix it again. We did have them document the dents before we left.
Shirlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #34

Unless something has changed in the last 2 years, the Lemmon law only applies to motor vehicles, not trailers. This is why all rv manufactures ship junk out the door with no quality control. I have worked in automotive quality for 40 years and it makes me sick how all rv manufactures just ship everything to the dealers and expect them to correct the issues. This is how the auto industry was run in the early 70’s.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:03 AM   #35

Yep it's not right and I wish it would change.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:37 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipinSC View Post
Unless something has changed in the last 2 years, the Lemmon law only applies to motor vehicles, not trailers. This is why all rv manufactures ship junk out the door with no quality control. I have worked in automotive quality for 40 years and it makes me sick how all rv manufactures just ship everything to the dealers and expect them to correct the issues. This is how the auto industry was run in the early 70’s.

TN has a lemon law for 5th wheels. I have already checked into it. I was telling the service manager I was getting fed up with having to come back to get things fixed every time I went camping and he asked me if I was threatening legal action. I told him no but I was thinking about using the lemon law if they didn't get it fixed once and for all. He told me there wasn't a lemon law for campers and I informed him that TN does have a lemon law for FW. He looked at me with disbelief. I told him I had already looked it up and that TN does. I do have to allow them to try to fix the issues so that it doesn't affect the value of the FW.
I don't want to use it but I will if it isn't fixed completely before the warranty runs out.
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN
Old 05-12-2019, 07:34 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpack1953 View Post
TN has a lemon law for 5th wheels. I have already checked into it. I was telling the service manager I was getting fed up with having to come back to get things fixed every time I went camping and he asked me if I was threatening legal action. I told him no but I was thinking about using the lemon law if they didn't get it fixed once and for all. He told me there wasn't a lemon law for campers and I informed him that TN does have a lemon law for FW. He looked at me with disbelief. I told him I had already looked it up and that TN does. I do have to allow them to try to fix the issues so that it doesn't affect the value of the FW.
I don't want to use it but I will if it isn't fixed completely before the warranty runs out.
If there is a lemon law for 5th wheels then you would think the dealer has to disclose that just like the auto dealers do with that "lemon" yellow disclosure form.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:10 AM   #38

I'm sure that they don't want that to get out to the public.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:59 AM   #39

Another update to the problems I am having with my 321RSTS. Our Furion radio has started turning on by itself. The dealer said that they have had this problem with these radios and will replace it. The exhaust fan in the bathroom is making a hitting noise and the dealer said that they will take care of that. The cap has started fading even though I use an airplane wash and wax on the whole camper. The dealer has submitted the pictures I emailed them and we are waiting on Jayco to approve the repainting. These are all known problems with my unit.
It seems that all the other problems have been fixed. I won't know about the flickering lights or the cold air coming through the vents until cold weather this fall.
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN
Old 08-12-2019, 12:32 AM   #40

Okay, okay this is good at least they are taking care of you but I know that it's a shame that you have to go through all of this. So are you using your Jayco now and is it in the shop?