Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Have you had multiple problems with your Jayco Eagle 321RSTS?
Happy with the camper? 14 87.50%
What kind of problems have you had? 2 12.50%
Have you contacted Jayco about problems? 1 6.25%
Has anyone used the lemon law in your state? 1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2019, 06:34 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Okay, okay this is good at least they are taking care of you but I know that it's a shame that you have to go through all of this. So are you using your Jayco now and is it in the shop?
It is in the body shop to get repainted. I took advantage of what one of the other members said and emailed Jayco about the fading after sending the pictures to my dealer. It was the quickest my dealer responded. My dealer doesn't do body work and has a body shop about 8-10 miles down the road. When the body shop gets done (supposed to be about two weeks) the dealer will pick it up and put the decals on it. They are also supposed to fix/replace the problems I have given them a list of.
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN
backpack1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:49 PM   #42

Okay that sound good, so do you think that you will be using it again camping before the summer is over? It would be nice if you can get it out a few more times before jack frost set in.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:22 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Okay that sound good, so do you think that you will be using it again camping before the summer is over? It would be nice if you can get it out a few more times before jack frost set in.

We are planning on it. We'll see how long everything takes. I've learned NOT to depend on their time estimates. I am also going to take it out in the cold this fall to check on the cold air coming through the vents in the steps to the bedroom and to see if the new dimmer switches took care of the flickering lights when the furnace comes on. We are going to FL this winter and my warranty runs out while we are down there. Needless to say I will either have a tech come out or take it to a Jayco dealer in FL if something does come up.
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN
Old 08-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpack1953 View Post
We are planning on it. We'll see how long everything takes. I've learned NOT to depend on their time estimates. I am also going to take it out in the cold this fall to check on the cold air coming through the vents in the steps to the bedroom and to see if the new dimmer switches took care of the flickering lights when the furnace comes on. We are going to FL this winter and my warranty runs out while we are down there. Needless to say I will either have a tech come out or take it to a Jayco dealer in FL if something does come up.
Hi
Cold air coming thru the steps. Same here. I think I figured out why. Behind the basement storage wall there is zip zero cold air ducting. So those vents in the steps let any air from in basement in. Also there is no floor behind the basement wall. So the cold air that can get between the floor and the corroplast liner that covers front to back under the floor can be pulled in. If you are running your bathroom fan it will pull the outside air in.
What I have done is added a piece of hardboard and sealed the back side of step. Then ran a flex duct to the cold air intake on the furnace. With A/C running it was not pulling a draft thru the vents on stairs that I could feel. Had bathroom fan running at the time.
Just my exploring and solution for now.
I also pulled the corroplast down and insulated with reflectix and fiberglass batts from rear of basement to rear bumper. I sealed up the corroplast end to end. Sealed above the frame at the wheels as well. Water was getting into the insulation under fresh water tank. It was soaked. Could see the water marks on inside of frame. Water splashed from driving in the rain and washing trailer frame.
Will know better once we do some cooler weather camping if what I have done makes a significant difference.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:42 AM   #45

Wow, I need to get out in mines more often I haven't find these things but I should take more notices.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:45 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Hi
Cold air coming thru the steps. Same here. I think I figured out why. Behind the basement storage wall there is zip zero cold air ducting. So those vents in the steps let any air from in basement in. Also there is no floor behind the basement wall. So the cold air that can get between the floor and the corroplast liner that covers front to back under the floor can be pulled in. If you are running your bathroom fan it will pull the outside air in.
What I have done is added a piece of hardboard and sealed the back side of step. Then ran a flex duct to the cold air intake on the furnace. With A/C running it was not pulling a draft thru the vents on stairs that I could feel. Had bathroom fan running at the time.
Just my exploring and solution for now.
I also pulled the corroplast down and insulated with reflectix and fiberglass batts from rear of basement to rear bumper. I sealed up the corroplast end to end. Sealed above the frame at the wheels as well. Water was getting into the insulation under fresh water tank. It was soaked. Could see the water marks on inside of frame. Water splashed from driving in the rain and washing trailer frame.
Will know better once we do some cooler weather camping if what I have done makes a significant difference.

RoadrunnerII

RoadrunnerII, Thank you for the input. When we went to Florida last winter I didn't feel a cold draft coming in through the vents but on our stop on the way back I could. It only happened when the furnace was on (or at least that was the only time I noticed it). I didn't check when the bathroom vent fan was on. I'll have to check that. I also didn't think about water getting in from the bottom since I figured Jayco would have sealed it properly to at least last several years. I'll have to check that. Is it still under warranty?
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN
Old 08-13-2019, 06:01 AM   #47

Yes ours is still in warranty for a couple more weeks. Too far to dealer and long waits.
I wanted to run a network cable back to behind tv from the one control router. Tied my router to one control so no matter which my phone connects to I have internet. Had to drop the corroplast to get that done. Leave it to say that the project time and cost went up! Don't assume anything is done at the level you would expect. That is a safe assumption from what I have seen. Lots of construction debris left everywhere. Wires hanging unsupported. Mine is cleaned up, sealed up and insulated better than new. Still the single 15k A/C struggles on 75*F and up days to keep inside cool. Second A/C is going in this winter. Furnace has no issues heating trailer.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:25 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Yes ours is still in warranty for a couple more weeks. Too far to dealer and long waits.
I wanted to run a network cable back to behind tv from the one control router. Tied my router to one control so no matter which my phone connects to I have internet. Had to drop the corroplast to get that done. Leave it to say that the project time and cost went up! Don't assume anything is done at the level you would expect. That is a safe assumption from what I have seen. Lots of construction debris left everywhere. Wires hanging unsupported. Mine is cleaned up, sealed up and insulated better than new. Still the single 15k A/C struggles on 75*F and up days to keep inside cool. Second A/C is going in this winter. Furnace has no issues heating trailer.

RoadrunnerII

Haven't had any problem with the main A/C keeping the camper cool. We do use the ceiling fan if we only have 30 amp available. Sounds like you have a lot of experience in maintaining campers. I've got a lot to learn on that. I'll wait for the warranty to run out before I start doing things on my own. Thank you again.
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN
Old 08-13-2019, 07:27 AM   #49
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpack1953 View Post
Another update to the problems I am having with my 321RSTS. Our Furion radio has started turning on by itself. The dealer said that they have had this problem with these radios and will replace it. The exhaust fan in the bathroom is making a hitting noise and the dealer said that they will take care of that. The cap has started fading even though I use an airplane wash and wax on the whole camper. The dealer has submitted the pictures I emailed them and we are waiting on Jayco to approve the repainting. These are all known problems with my unit.
It seems that all the other problems have been fixed. I won't know about the flickering lights or the cold air coming through the vents until cold weather this fall.
I had my radio turning on by itself and found I had somehow set the alarm to auto turn on. Turned off alarm and no problems since.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:56 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRE View Post
I had my radio turning on by itself and found I had somehow set the alarm to auto turn on. Turned off alarm and no problems since.
DRE, Thank you for the input. The dealer has said they're going to replace it but I will keep that in mind in the future.
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN
Old 08-26-2019, 09:43 AM   #51

JeffInAZ, On Sunday 8-11-19 my wife and I decided on a brand new 5th wheel. 2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS. The unit was prepped and ready for the morning of Saturday 8-17-19, But running the AC through the night, that morning the tech found a blown main board to the rear AC unit. They replaced the main board and told us about it during our walk through. Sunday 8-18-19 about noon we were packing and getting ready for a trip. Same AC quit working. Delivered it to the dealership and got a call from the tech the next day. He suspected the Control board/thermostat issue. I said we have 10 days to our trip. I just want this repaired right. Saturday 8-24-19 They still had not even looked at it. That afternoon the came back saying it was not the thermostat. Not sure what it is. Sunday 8-25-19, My question is... is there an ongoing problem with these? Could it be a bad compressor motor or capacitor on the motor shorting this out? Maybe a service bulletin put out? Frustrated. We paid $74,000.00 for t
his thing to go on a trip that begins in 4 days, Thursday 8-29-19. No not Jayco's fault, but frustrating that it sat for a week untouched

JeffInAZ, I couldn't get your message above when I clicked on the link on the email that you had replied on this thread. Don't know why.
It seems that a lot of people have the same problem with wait times to get things fixed. I know I do. I'm now waiting on a phone call from Dunlap Family RV management (haven't used their name in the past but I've really had it with them) because the body shop is supposed to be finished repainting the cap today and I wanted to know if they would start working on the warranty problems that they have a list of. They told me they wouldn't be working on it this week. So I asked if I picked it up myself from the body shop for Labor Day Weekend and then brought it back Tuesday would I lose my place. The service clerk(?) said I would and that the earliest I could bring it back would be the first week in October. Make any sense to you? It doesn't to me. That's when I called management and now I am waiting on a call from them.
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN