Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2020, 05:22 PM   #1

2018 Jayco Eagle slide problem

our 2018 Jayco Eagle is giving us problems retracting our kitchen slide. It is a Schwintek slide. When we try to retract it it moves about 6 inches and stops. Then I extend it a few inches and try again. After a few tries it finally comes all the way in. Any ideas.
burdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 01:53 PM   #2
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdpete View Post
our 2018 Jayco Eagle is giving us problems retracting our kitchen slide. It is a Schwintek slide. When we try to retract it it moves about 6 inches and stops. Then I extend it a few inches and try again. After a few tries it finally comes all the way in. Any ideas.
I had this on my 2018 327 CKTS. It only got worse until it really struggled one day and finally got it to close but one side was still out about 2". Turns out, it was out of sync. The manual has instructions on how to resync the motors. This worked for me and have not had another issue. I think mine came from the dealer like this and gradually got worse. I will now resync the motors at the very first sign of a problem. Also, try not to stop the slide going in or out until it extends or retracts fully. When its working properly of course. Good Luck
Old 06-15-2020, 04:04 PM   #3

Once my slide got out of sync as well. Finally got it back in sync. Since then, I hold the slide button for about 5 seconds once the slide had stopped it's movement. This was recommended by Schwintek regarding helping the motors stay in sync.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 04:21 PM   #4
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunZ71 View Post
Once my slide got out of sync as well. Finally got it back in sync. Since then, I hold the slide button for about 5 seconds once the slide had stopped it's movement. This was recommended by Schwintek regarding helping the motors stay in sync.
Yes, hold the switch. I noticed also when it was out of sync you could hear one motor ratcheting before the other, when in sync they are harmonious.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:49 PM   #5

Mine was doing the same thing. Contacted dealer and they are replacing motor under warranty.
Phil2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:26 AM   #6

I got the slide fixed for now. I could not get it to sync itself so I unplugged the motor wires from the controller, then tried to operate, then plugged back in and the slides work as they should now.
Old 06-19-2020, 01:39 PM   #7

Quick question for those with Eagle kitchen slide. I’ve got a ‘19 so probably the same as all here. Is your slide butter smooth as it retracts and extends. Mine seems to bump around just slightly as it goes out and in. also causes some creaking and popping in maybe the floor or wall. I can’t tell. It always does what it should, but it’s not too confidence inspiring. I’m always level, and on gen or shore power. The bedroom slide is super smooth, but this one not so much. Just wanting to know your experiences.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:00 PM   #8

Mine is fairly smooth but I do hear some creaking. Doesnt seem to be getting better.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:04 PM   #9

Mine gets out of sync in cool/cold weather. Sometimes I have to go outside and push in the middle to keep it going. I always hold the button an extra 5 seconds when putting the slides in/out. It seems to have helped.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:49 AM   #10

I have noticed that my heaviest slide will "stall" and and I have to restart the extend or retract switch on interior control panel. However, if I use my wireless app on my phone or a touch pad inside the trailer, the slide works well just a little slow. It is the heaviest slide on the trailer. I believe my issue is the rocker switch or the connection to this switch is "less than desirable" so I just use my smart phone to operate my slides. And yes, always hold the switch during retract/extend after the motors initially stop. You should hear the motors pulse one last time after the completed cycle.
MikeWCorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #11

manual mode procedure

Schwintek has programmed in an emergency (manual) operating feature - if you get out of sync, but both motors still work, find the controller (usually hidden under and near the slide somewhere), then push the small momentary micro-switch (on the board in the rectangular hole) push 7 times and then hold until the red and green LEDs flash back and forth - you are then in manual mode for at least 1 minute. Operate the slide, but hold the button down until both sides find home.

Then go through a re-sync procedure.

I've used method this multiple times with a particularly troublesome bedroom slide on a FR brand 5er.

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
2018 GMC Denali HD CC SRW Duramax L5P
Curt A20
Airlift 5000
Michelin Defender LTX M/S
Zs387RDFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 02:04 PM   #12

So, this is straight from Lippert.
The engineer said to only do manual mode if this fails.

Ok. I spoke with a Lippert Engineer. Here is how to fix out of sync Schwintek slides.
1. Move the slide all the way out. If one side stops as you are moving it out, release the button. Then continue to move it out. You may have to do this several times to get the slide out.
2. With slide fully extended, push button to retract.
3. Immediately upon hearing the motors whine, release button.
4. Press button to extend and hold for 5 seconds after all motor whine stops.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for 5-6 times.
Now retract the slide fully. Same as extending, if one side stops, release button and then retract more until slide is fully in.
6. Press button to extend slide and stop as soon as motor whine is heard.
7. Retract slide and hold button 5 seconds once all motor whine stops.
8. Repeat steps 6 & 7 for 5-6 cycles.
Enjoy your new working/synced slideout. 😀
rsday75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:57 PM   #13

Mine discovered not moving just today

My rear motor doesn't seem to want to run suddenly. It's been idol for about two months and had worked before. It was way to hot this PM to stay out there and I need to run lawn sprinkler so guess what's on for tomorrow before it gets over 100 degrees.

Swapped motor leads so must be toward the motor. Mine is the 13398 D-0 version but seems to be just like the C-2.
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:46 AM   #14

Ok I already know that you are not supposed to have to lubricate the slide mechanism but after struggling with the slides getting out of sinc, my dealer recommended using a spray can of rubber seal lubricant on the seals and the tracks. I use it every 6 times I move the slides and haven’t had a problem in over two years now. Hope that helps.
Brian2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:37 AM   #15

The issue I have with my slide is that when it came in a while back one of the screws under the slide track hit the floor and tore my linoleum. It was just enough that the head of the screw was the culprit. After removing the screw it barely clears. I can't see any way to adjust the height to clear better. I thought those slides were supposed to travel straight in and not dip down but this one doesn't. There is plenty clearance when it is half out or better.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:19 PM   #16

Schwintech

My #1 motor equates to the left/rear slide motor will not run. LCI instructions and slide manuf. say leads can be swapped so spent time this AM proving nothing will make that motor move. Some late instructions covered "bumping" each motor and #1 will not move. SO! Off to dealer and abandon
trailer until repaired I guess. Still under two year warranty so make phone call Monday for guidance. Purchased 400 miles away but branch of dealership is only 18 with unknown repair facilities.

I lubed seals with seal lub. and used only silicone based 3M spray on tracks. Slide worked well last time moved two months ago working on TV antenna power switch. This rig came out of sync. from dealer and after correction, worked fine.
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote