Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2018, 07:56 PM   #1

2018 Jayco North Point 315RLTS question

Need help from anyone that owns or has knowledge about a residential refrigerator that comes in a 2018 Jayco North Point 315RLTS.

My question is, on a residential double door refrigerator with the ice and water on the outside of the door. How do you make the water & ice work ??

I have found a water valve by removing the small drawer under the stove/oven and have turned the valve in all different direction which did not help to get the water & ice to work.

Is there another valve some where to turn on ?
Please help as my Jayco dealer has not been much help.

Thanks....Jim.
Kappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:05 PM   #2

Look under the sink in the kitchen island. There should be a valve behind a panel in the corner where all the plumping runs to the sink. The valve will be behind the panel close to the floor. I actually had to trim a little wood from the panel to get my hand in there to turn the valve.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:10 PM   #3

I looked to the left and did not find any valve on the lines running from the sink down to the floor. The panel that covers the lines on the left cannot be removed (nailed not screwed) to view the whole sections of both lines. Does this sound familiar ?
Old 06-27-2018, 08:15 PM   #4

I found a valve under the sink, behind the wood panel on the left, at the bottom. I had remove a few screws to get the panel off. I used my phone to take a picture to confirm the valve was down there before I took the panel off. I thought it was strange that the valve was in there where you can't get to it.
Fixentwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappster View Post
I looked to the left and did not find any valve on the lines running from the sink down to the floor. The panel that covers the lines on the left cannot be removed (nailed not screwed) to view the whole sections of both lines. Does this sound familiar ?

Yes that is the panel. On mine there was a little notch cut in the panel at the floor. That is where the valve was. I made it bigger to get to it easier.

I do have a 2017 and different model. But it does have a kitchen island and res frig and there were two valves to open to get the water/ice maker to work. The one under the stove and one under the sink.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:18 PM   #6

Fixentwo, can you send me the pic that you are referring to ??
Old 06-27-2018, 08:26 PM   #7

Behind the panel left of the sink right at the floor level. Mine was held in with screws not nails. Request the plumbing schematics from Jayco.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:41 PM   #8

Just reach WAY down into that panel till your hand is at floor level and feel for the valve
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:40 AM   #9

We also have a 2018 North Point 315RLTS and had issues getting water to the ice maker. Found a valve under the sink at the island behind a panel that had to be removed by taking out the screws that held it in place. Valve was in the closed position and had to be turned on. Proof of water flow is by opening the Low Point drain valve at the back left side. Could not figure out what that drained as no water flowed from that spigot until this under sink valve was opened. Now for the fun - there also is a valve up behind the range and I actually had to 'pull' the plumbing down to gain access to this valve. (took a picture of it with my phone first to see it). Once opened the water flowed to the solenoid valve at the back of the fridge. Hope this helps.
Northcote..
Northcote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:17 PM   #10

For ice you need to make sure that the switch is on. Take the ice bucket out and you'll see the "ice on/off" switch to the left.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:07 PM   #11

Thumbs up Thanks to all !!

Thanks to all for your help.

I went back to my fifth wheel today and looked again for the valve under the sink in the island. Went to the cover that was nailed ( not screwed ) and removed it by pulling the cover/board off. With this board removed at last there is the valve. Turned the valve along with the valve under the stove/oven and instantly had water to the refrigerator. Water worked perfectly !!! Removed the ice tray/compartment, made sure the switch was turned on. I'm sure it will take some time to make ice which will be thrown away until it cleans it self out.

Again, thanks to all !!!!

Hopefully I can return the favor some day.