Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2018, 07:57 PM   #1

2018 North Point touch up paint

Cleaning off the nose of my 377, I noticed some misc rock chips. Jayco doesn’t sell touch up paint. Anyone know of a close automotive match?

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:56 PM   #2

I even called Jayco to see if I could get the color code so that a local body shop could make some. Jayco said take the rig to the body shop and let them work on a match. I would say not a very professional way to work with your customer base.
retiredmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:22 AM   #3

Know what your talking about. My dealer said they could get touch up for around $100 a quart. Like everything else I was told, never materialized. I finally found a automotive paint to match the main body portion. I think this is the first unit I've owned without a list of color codes posted some where within the unit. Must be secret formulas or something.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:21 AM   #4

I was going to ask if anyone has had paint issues but it looks like it's a yes. Jayco has to repaint my entire front cap on my 2018 377rlbh. I got my coach from an rv show and they put a sticker on the front cap. Needless to say when I removed the sticker there was like a 3inch by 3inch area of paint missing. The odd part is there was no paint on the back of the 8inch by 10inch sticker.. after fighting with my dealer I called jayco and it's being taken care of. So maybe I'll have to ask if I can get a small bottle of what's left over when the get done repainting mine front cap. Anyone with any other paint problems
Mad5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:10 PM   #5

I had tiny cracks on my front cap, they repainted and reinstalled new graphics.

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:20 PM   #6

Jayco Paint Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadester View Post
Know what your talking about. My dealer said they could get touch up for around $100 a quart. Like everything else I was told, never materialized. I finally found a automotive paint to match the main body portion. I think this is the first unit I've owned without a list of color codes posted some where within the unit. Must be secret formulas or something.
You said: You finally found a automotive paint to match the main body portion. What was the code? or color, that matched the main body of "beige"? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
John P Kendall
2017 Pinnacle 36FBTS
JPKendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:30 PM   #7

I had a big scab on the lower corner of the nose (guess what I did) filled and painted by a body shop that does the dealers paint work.
I can’t see the spot at all if I tried.
For sure they got the paint code from the dealer.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #8

Today I took a 2"x2" cut out of the bottom of the Rear Cap of my 2017 Pinnacle were it would not show. Took it over to Automotive Painters Supply in Pensacola, Fl and I was totally and absolutely surprised! They treated me as if I was buying $10,000 of their product. The lady there took the chip and put it in their paint color analyzer and came up with a GM code of 5132 Shale. This was not a perfect match to the Jayco base color so she worked with adding colors and matching it with the chip. After about ten additions she got really really close. So close I may not have to paint the whole section that I was going to paint. I will paint as soon as this rain gets out of here. BTW the local body shop wanted $1000 dollars just to spray a small section of the rear cap. Total spent on 1 quart of JE Acrylic Enamel actually almost 2 quarts, lacquer thinner, 2019 calendar, instructions, $59.95. I already had the sprayer, compressor, wet dry sandpaper. If anybody is in the Northern Florida, Southern Alabama area and needs paint, I would highly recommend this store.
JPKendall is offline   Reply With Quote