Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2021, 03:22 PM   #1

2018 Northpoint 377RLBH Slides issue

I noticed the slide controller in storage area was blinking red. I wasn’t sure which slide it controlled but I tried the one above it (bedroom) and it didn’t react in any way to either the wall switch or the controls in the wall LCD.

I called Lippert and they said based on 9 red blinks between the greens that it was either (1) a temporary loss of power that could be reset by rocking the in/out switch back and forth quickly 3 to 4 times or (2) the motor had gone bad and would probably need replacing. They noted that if the motor had a black cap then it was a 300 to 1 motor and if it had a clear cap it was a 500 to 1 motor. I tried rocking the switch and it had no effect.

I decided to check another slide, it was also dead (kitchen) as was the bunk room.

So I next turned off the 12 volt power via the circuit breaker in the line coming from my batteries and also the 50 amp switch in the circuit breaker panel inside the unit. I left them off for a couple of minutes. When I turned them back on I still saw the controller blinking red. But on trying them with the LCD panel I was able to get both the kitchen and the bedroom slides in (didn’t try the others) and on checking the light on the slide controller was no longer blinking.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? I am guessing some kind of electrical surge went through the unit and upset these electronics and they wanted a reboot……but wanted to see if there was going to be more to the story....

thanks

Van Sayler
Northpoint 377RLBH 2018
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0527.jpeg  
vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:50 PM   #2

Was gone from 5th wheel for 10 days. Came back, red blinking light (9 flashes) was back on. Still looking for anyone who has experienced a similar issue.
Thanks
Van Sayler
Old 03-07-2021, 05:37 AM   #3

I have the same model and year (but knock on wood) no slide issues. A friend had the same error on his slim rack Winnebago and it was a motor. Was a little challenging to replace but doable. I noticed the controller you showed is for a Schwintek but the error codes are the same.

Have not seen your specific scenario or read of it on the forum though. Sorry not much help...
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:33 PM   #4

Thanks
Van
Old 03-09-2021, 06:53 PM   #5

On further use of the slides it appears that I am getting the 9 red blinks conditions regularly and it is cleared by first hitting the slide button and nothing happens, let go and then hit the button again it starts working. When you look at the slide controller, the blinking lights go away