Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2018, 08:51 PM   #1

2018 Northpoint 37RLBH Jacks

So we parked our RV and started to attempt to auto level; but there was a fault showing on all panels (manual, inside panel, and app).
It instructed us to retract all; but to first extract all jacks a couple inches. After re-hitching up to my truck, I followed those instructions and attempted to retract all; but it continues to fault. I have no idea how to get past this fault to be able to auto level.

I am not finding a way to manually crank the middle (stabilizers).

Any ideas/suggestions out there?
djredden73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djredden73 View Post
So we parked our RV and started to attempt to auto level; but there was a fault showing on all panels (manual, inside panel, and app).

It instructed us to retract all; but to first extract all jacks a couple inches. After re-hitching up to my truck, I followed those instructions and attempted to retract all; but it continues to fault. I have no idea how to get past this fault to be able to auto level.

I am not finding a way to manually crank the middle (stabilizers).

Any ideas/suggestions out there?

Push the right and left arrows at the same time and the middles should come down in manual
Skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #3

Also when I have a fault, I always use the inside LCD panel to do the retraction/extension to clear the fault.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:56 PM   #4

When I first got mine I errored out 2 times. The front would go down and then come back up to level. if front can't go down far enough it errors out. I leave at least 6 in of travel on front jacks and have had no more issues.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:51 AM   #5

This has happened to us as well. If there is not enough travel the middle and rear "stroke out" and error. It is really annoying to have to re-hitch and extend the front jacks because you ran out of extension/retraction.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #6

We were told by the service tech that did our walk through to try and not extend the front drop legs more then about 6-10 holes. This helps to eliminate all the out of stroke errors. We also purchased the Anderson magnetic blocks that attach to the bottom of the feet. I got the out of stroke the first time I tried to level the camper in the driveway as the edge of my driveway slopes a bit towards the rear to help with water runoff. With the front of the camper level, there was too much distance for the landing gear. I really miss the hydraulic levelers on our toyhauler! Don't know if they were just set lower but never had to add blocking ever!

2019 North Point 377RLBH
2017 KZ Venom Toy Hauler (STOLEN, Recovered, CRUSHED)
2010 Sabre 32BHOK (Traded in on Venom)
1978 StarCraft PopUp (Long gone)
artoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:39 PM   #7

I also had an error the first time I hit auto level in my driveway, I figured out I wast nose high on the front of the trailer, no problems ever since that. Unhitch from the truck and hit auto level at that height, may or may not help.

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:55 AM   #8

That happened to us the first few times out. Now every time we park, I drop the front jacks, and then throw about 3 lynx levelers under each of the other jacks. Haven't had an out of stroke error since.
phipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:55 AM   #9

I drop the 2 center and 2 rear jacks down 4 holes and never have an out of stroke error. I did have it before i let the jacks down.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote