Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2017, 12:59 PM   #1

2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

My Wife & I are on day 6 of our 10 day Maiden Voyage with our new Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS and I thought I would share some of my thoughts and Opinions. (So Far)

1. The dual AC units have no problem keeping the interior cool and comfortable. Been in the mid to high 80's and VERY Humid outside 68 to 70 inside. As advertised both units are very quite when running.
2. Auto Leveling is a very welcome addition, and easy to use and understand.
3. Macerator pump is nice, but recommend purchasing and extension hose for those times the sewer connection is too far away.
4. So far overall quality is good, had to make a couple minor tweaks, but those were purely personal preference.
5. New Mor-Ryde step system is great! Again thought I would not care for it but after using it a few days both my Wife & I like how stable they are, even using them when still hooked to the truck and no stabilizers.

Like I said it is only day 6, but first impressions are very positive.
rdlouks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #2

Enjoy your trip and thanks for the post.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #3

Congratulations on the new 36kpts. Glad to hear you are pleased with it. We have one on order also, expecting it in the middle of Sept.
Cajuncamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:23 AM   #4

One more thing I forgot to add. The dealer installed two group 27 deep cycle batteries, so I wanted to see just how long they would power the residential refrigerator. With the refrigerator empty, down to temperature, and not opening it the unit was still running after 15 hours. The voltage at the inverter display was reading 11.4 volts so I am sure it would not have lasted much longer, but I am happy with the 15 hours, and maybe a bit longer when is full of cooled/frozen items.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlouks View Post
One more thing I forgot to add. The dealer installed two group 27 deep cycle batteries, so I wanted to see just how long they would power the residential refrigerator. With the refrigerator empty, down to temperature, and not opening it the unit was still running after 15 hours. The voltage at the inverter display was reading 11.4 volts so I am sure it would not have lasted much longer, but I am happy with the 15 hours, and maybe a bit longer when is full of cooled/frozen items.
A 3rd battery would definitely extend the run time. But don't forget when auto defrost kicks in, it will eat battery power at a much higher rate.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
A 3rd battery would definitely extend the run time. But don't forget when auto defrost kicks in, it will eat battery power at a much higher rate.

Earl
That was my thoughts, either a third Group 27 Battery, or a solar panel system.