Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #1

2018 Pinnicle

For those of you with a new pinnicle what are your thoughts? Did you move over from another manufacturer and is it any better? Are the 2018 better than older ones or built cheaper? Thanks
Sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sask View Post
For those of you with a new pinnicle what are your thoughts? Did you move over from another manufacturer and is it any better? Are the 2018 better than older ones or built cheaper? Thanks

We purchased a new 2018 Pinnacle 36FBTS in November ‘17. We did the walk-thru with the dealer and found only a few minor issues that were repaired immediately. It was winterized and stored until February 27 when we left for Florida. We have been in it for nearly a month now, after towing it nearly 1,000 miles, and have had zero problems. Everything works as it should. We love the floor plan, especially the large front bath.
I can’t speak as to the “older ones” since we traded up from a Coachman Chaparral 370FL. The difference between the Coachman and the Pinnacle is huge and we couldn’t be more proud of our purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gary C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:25 AM   #3

We picked ours up in October last year and haven't had a chance to use her yet, other than puttering in the driveway. Similar to Gary C, a couple of minor things that were corrected during the PDI, but that's it. We did miss a cracked bathroom skylight during the PDI, but all we had to do was send a picture to our dealer and they had the replacement sent directly to us. Easier to do that and replace it myself vs. dragging the rig 110 miles back to the dealer.

Can't speak to older Pinnacle, but this is our third Jayco, and overall quality has been great on all of them. Before settling on the Pinnacle we looked at several other brands but kept coming back to the Pinnacle because of the build quality, fit and finish, and most importantly, floor plan. We also have a fantastic dealer. There have never been any questions asked when we've requested warranty work, and the work they do is top quality.

We couldn't be happier with our purchase.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:28 AM   #4

We have a 2017 Pinnace, so I can't address the 2018s. I will say though that if the 2018s are better, then they must be awesome, because we have had only a couple of minor problems with ours. Compared to the 2016 North Point we had, this is a dream.

Jim
Old 03-27-2018, 01:14 PM   #5

We purchased a 2018 FBTS in January and have taken it out 5-6 times and have only had a few minor issues.

One is the sliding door between the bedroom and living area, the plastic track on the bottom wasn't secured well and the door came out of the track and ripped off the screws at the top of door where it is hinged in to the upper track. The door was hanging cockeyed from the top of the track and the bottom of the door was a little ripped up. My husband fixed it, but it is still not quite right and he needs to take a little more time to get it right.

Also one of the stairs that goes up to the bedroom squeaks really bad, to the point that it really annoys me. I'm not sure if it can be fixed or not.

Also there's an issue with the ice maker with our Norcold (sp?) fridge.

These are minor items, that my husband can take care of. We really love the quality and floorplan of our Pinnacle and super happy with our purchase.
ErinInSd is offline   Reply With Quote