Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2021, 06:35 PM   #1

2019/2020 North Point roof replacement

We're coming up to our 2 year mark for warranty coverage and wanted to get the trailer in for any outstanding items. I mentioned to our service rep, on our list of things to check, there appeared to be a couple of roof staples pushing up along the radius edge, but not to do anything if it would require a cut and repair. Service rep called a couple of weeks ago saying the carpenters found that the tong and groove plywood under the TPO wasn't joined in two locations. They sent me a video clip of one of them pushing down on one side of each joint location that runs 8 feet side to side. They submitted the info to Jayco and have been authorizing for complete repair with new TPO to be installed. I imagine all hardware including AC units, vents, bathroom dome, TV antenna must be removed first, then the TPO. I plan to have the rig placed near a 30 or 50 amp hookup when we come to pick the unit up. I want to make sure the AC's, vents, TV antenna all work perfectly before we leave. Has anyone been through this before and had issues? I should say that my rep indicated they have done many roofs and results are better than factory. Fingers crossed that all goes well.

Thanks
Dave

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:39 AM   #2

The factory replaced mine back in 2017. I now have some stables lifting and the side drip rails look like a 5 year old replaced. Not straight very wavy and I have numerous razor blade cuts in my gel coat where they cut the TPO that was under all drip rails and cap moldings. All the vents and ac units were put back correctly and sealant all looked good.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
The factory replaced mine back in 2017. I now have some stables lifting and the side drip rails look like a 5 year old replaced. Not straight very wavy and I have numerous razor blade cuts in my gel coat where they cut the TPO that was under all drip rails and cap moldings. All the vents and ac units were put back correctly and sealant all looked good.
Rock

Thanks Rock. Things for me to look for.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 12:35 PM   #4

Ya just pay attention. I had to bring mine to them fly home and back up again 7 weeks later leaving my truck at airport. They refused to have my unit shipped so it cost me big bucks. My flight up was delayed 6 hours so I arrived on a Friday just before closing in a snow sleet rain storm. Could not even get to roof or look at everything. After getting home and getting on roof I noticed all that was garbage work. What really chaps me is they pay to have other units shipped back to factory. Mine had a tire rub on the sidewall to inside slide. That is now there big suspension recall. They knew there was a problem and mine was the first they got to see. They had to figure out the fix for that and it took forever. If I had to do it again I would of left it sit at a local dealer. Cost me over 2k in travel expenses and not a penny from them. There service center work is no better than your local repair shop. I had roof, suspension, generator, kitchen slide and numerous other issues. That is why I took it to them. It will all be fixed in two weeks they said. We were living in it, sold our house and waiting for new build. Had to spend all that time in hotel since it was at very end of warranty. Never again.
Old 07-10-2021, 01:17 PM   #5

Wow. Can't say I'd be happy about this, considering it's age. Definitely don't have the patience or understanding for this kinda stuff. It's too big of a job and would completely make me lose confidence in the manufacturer. I know you don't have much of a choice but, wow. Good luck to ya both.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 05:44 PM   #6

Staples on our 2019 NP 383FKWS (still under warranty as we purchased in 2020) are coming up in places as well... I can see where the curved metal aluminum plate at the edge is lifting from the roof as well along the length...about to call JAYCO and see if can get into service but we are traveling around the US full-time now for next two years and Leary that can't get them to do anything or we will be out of a FW for several months....ugh...
How long was it before they were able to fit you into the repair schedule?
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 07:15 PM   #7

Back than it was about 5 months. That is not curved metal unless they changed something. It is luann that is glue down and yes stapled. My glue failed and it lifted the edge all the way down roof on both sides pushing up on the tpo. U would think by now they would make a decent roof. Just like all the sidewall cracks.