Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2019, 02:18 PM   #21

Router

Thanks for the tips , much appreciated. Iíll dig deeper now that I know itís there for sure.

Best !

Ps , glad your happy with your rig now , yes , we have to be handy to keep these rigs going , remember if ď woman donít find you handsome they better find you handy
Torment123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:46 PM   #22

So far, So good 2020 317RLOK

We picked up our 2020 317RLOK on July 1 and towed 450 mi to my parents 4 days later. All went well. Put 900 mi on it the fist week we owned it! Took it on an overnight trip the next weekend - 800 mi round trip. That trip was to test everything up and down Monteagle outside Chattanooga, TN. Tow vehicle did great, trailer did great. So far no issues with anything, knock on wood. We are extremely pleased with the camper.

Unfortunately, Trailer is out of commission for a bit as I had a minor fender bender with a parked car, and somehow managed to hook a low wire on the TV antenna which put three hole in the roofing material. We never saw the low wire before or after - only the evidence. I am still puzzled as to where that happened. Since I had the trailer in for repair, I am adding shocks - I like the rubber pin box and the CR300, but after dealing I840 south of Nashville, decided a little extra suspension for rough roads was called for.

As soon as we get the camper back, we will take it out again and keep you posted.
2007 Ford F-250 CC - Forcibly Retired
2006 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 312BHDS - Retired
mbwatson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:09 AM   #23

I feel for you. In August, we purchased a new 2018 Eagle HT 27.5 rlts. We encountered numerous issues over the first couple of times out. I went on Jaycos Facebook page and aired my frustration with the unit and the lack of quality control. I was contacted by someone from their Facebook page and was told they passed my info on to the customer service department. A few days later I was contacted from their customer service department. He apologized for all the issues we were having. Jayco have brought back the quality control department manager and staff. I think they realized they screwed up when they eliminated it. Hopefully it isn't too late.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:23 AM   #24

Wi-fi

Regrets on sending my thanks so late for the info, it was behind the panel and I relocated it above the shelf and poof it connected , think it was simply a loose RJ 45 Connector

Thanks again
Torment123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:44 AM   #25

319 mlok

This is what we just bought as a place for the wife at Pismo Coast Village. I have been learning the rig and getting it setup before we get it to the coast. I have started to install solar to maintain the battery but everything else worked fine. The BMPro new to Jayco system is wired in a way that will drain the battery in a short time. I have had email and phone discussions with the factory and have been pleased with the responses. The interior sold my wife in about three seconds. It is comfortable and as Josh the RV Nerd said this is a destination coach because you can't get to the frig with the slide in. The good news is the outdoor kitchen beverage fridge could hold what you need for a day of travel if you plan ahead.

Stay tuned... oh it's a 2020
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:46 AM   #26

Beware of the Jayco warranty as the components (refridge., awning, AC, etc.) are covered by those manufactures. Jayco warranty only covers Jayco components. I had a problem with Dometic awning which dealer handled with dometic. Soon after same problem occured again and dealer said Dometic would only pay for the warranty repair once so I payed dealer. I reached out to Dometic directly and they reimbursed me for the 2nd repair. But again, beware of the Jayco warranty and beware of what dealers may tell you.
esacnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:24 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by esacnj View Post
Soon after same problem occured again and dealer said Dometic would only pay for the warranty repair once so I payed dealer. I reached out to Dometic directly and they reimbursed me for the 2nd repair. But again, beware of the Jayco warranty and beware of what dealers may tell you.
Sounds like the dealer is blowing smoke to me. Nobody else has reported those kind of issues that I've seen. Personally I've never had trouble with warranty issues on components either through our dealer or directly with JAYCO when we were on the road. JAYCO actually covered two separate issues with our COLEMAN a/c when we were traveling directly.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:43 AM   #28

Grumpy, where are you located? Who is your dealer?
esacnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:45 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by esacnj View Post
Grumpy, where are you located? Who is your dealer?
Colerain Family RV, Cincinnati. Used the same dealer since 1977
Old 10-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #30

Glad to hear most of you folks are pleased with your 319 mlok
and getting issues squared away.
Wife and I have been looking for over a year after selling our 04 Alfa that served us well for many years. Almost wound up with a GD Reflection unit but we couldnt decide between it and the Eagle 317 Rl model. Went to the show here in Fontana yesterday and my wife was like yours Mike with the 319...love at first site lol. I need to get used to that modern farmhouse look but like everything else about the unit. We put one on order so wont get it until after the first of the year. Mike we also stay at Pismo Coast a couple times a year.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:47 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Sounds like the dealer is blowing smoke to me. Nobody else has reported those kind of issues that I've seen. Personally I've never had trouble with warranty issues on components either through our dealer or directly with JAYCO when we were on the road. JAYCO actually covered two separate issues with our COLEMAN a/c when we were traveling directly.
Same here, the dealer and JAYCO covered awning warranty and a copies of other component issues with no problem.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:36 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
They don't have a QC program which is very obvious with the issues some owners have from the get go.
That's true........but also sounds like dealer did not really check things out very well.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:55 AM   #33

Our 2020 came with the BMPro system and support has told me this is the direction they are going. My issue after a 10 day cruise with battery off was a battery voltage of 4.6. I know it's dead and this is exactly what I have been discussing with Jayco support. The automation is always hot for the optional tire pressure monitoring system. I was going to document the standing draw with the propane detector and other always hot loads. IMO they should have a real disconnect switch. We are still setting up the trailer and I will be pulling the factory installed solar port off the roof as it is not connected to the solar prewire it looks like. I installed 340 watts of solar to deal with the constant drain as ours will be in storage at the coast most of the time. Love the APP but don't like the way it's wired. Have also reached out to BMPro in Australia for a installation manual only to get referred for a second time to the US support.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote