Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2018, 01:23 PM   #1

2019 377RLBH On Order, Suggestions?

My first (true) post to the forum is not going to be short and I will start with I am super excited for our new trailer and what will be our first fifth wheel. It is due to be off the line on 7/29 and our dealer said he can get it here 1 to 2 days after that. We are upgrading from a Volante 33BH travel trailer. Here is what we have ordered:

2019 377RLBH with Standard/Required Options plus:
Customer Value Package w/Heat Pump
King Bed
Convection Microwave Oven
18 Cubic Foot Fridge
Wireless Backup Camera
5000 Watt Generator
Dual Pane Windows
2nd Power Awning
Slideout Awnings
Receiver Hitch

And we have ordered a Reese 20k Goosebox and a Pinnacle Washer/Dryer combo unit that we are going to have installed vented. Luckily, the dealer is going to install the Goosebox for free since this will be the first one that they will get to install - we are super excited for this upgrade as it does not void the warranty (checked with Jayco and the dealer), it costs the same as getting a 5er hitch, and we get to keep our bed space on the truck when we are not towing so we don't have to worry about lifting 200 pounds out of the bed to haul something. If you decide to go this route as well and have the OEM 5th Wheel/Gooseneck prep, I highly recommend the B&W OEM Ball and safety chain kit - while we have not gotten to use it yet, I can tell you this is an amazing kit just by playing with it (should get to use it before our trailer comes in on my parents horse trailer).

Now for a little about us. We are new to full time camping - we just closed on our house 2 days ago . My wife and I are traveling with our two boys (almost 4yo and 1yo), a dog, and a cat.

So, my question is what suggestions do you all have? Looking for general suggestions, mod suggestions, and any hints and tips. I actually ran into @Kahoneys yesterday and for sure want to do the bunkhouse door and loft ladder mods that he has done. Also, for those of you who also travel with a cat (especially those in a 377RLBH), what have you done to hide the litter box? I saw the one mod for putting it in the outdoor kitchen space, but I am leaning towards not doing that as I do not want to lose that space/functionality.
WeRVoyagers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:18 PM   #2

Congrats on your new trailer!

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:55 PM   #3
Site Team

Congratulations.

Spend some time reading this index thread on post #1. https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...lbh-49769.html
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:29 AM   #4

It was very nice talking to you this weekend! When we have taken the cat with us camping I have just pulled the theater seats out a little and put the litter box behind it. It still has room when traveling as we have removed the hassock from the couch for we never used it and it was heavy and took up lots of room.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:18 AM   #5

Is a 5000 Onan going to run two 15000 AC units. Don't know your climate will heat pump provide acquit heating needs?Might consider at least two 6 volt batteries.Looks like residential frig if you dry camp much the auto defrost kills batteries.Not being critical wish some one would have mentioned some of this stuff for us.PS don't for forget PDI inspection list you only get one chance at it! Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDI Check List.PDF (695.2 KB, 6 views)
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Congratulations.

Spend some time reading this index thread on post #1. https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...lbh-49769.html
I actually started reading that thread this winter when we started thinking about ordering our 377RLBH. It is one where I am going to take some ideas from, for sure (though it looks like Jayco has added many of them over the years), and I hope to add to it in the coming months.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Is a 5000 Onan going to run two 15000 AC units. Don't know your climate will heat pump provide acquit heating needs?Might consider at least two 6 volt batteries.Looks like residential frig if you dry camp much the auto defrost kills batteries.Not being critical wish some one would have mentioned some of this stuff for us.PS don't for forget PDI inspection list you only get one chance at it! Thanks
I do not expect the generator to power both AC units, we added it more to keep me working if we find ourselves in a parking lot or at a campground that lost power without having to take PTO. We will be full timing so the heat pump will come in use for sure as we travel through the US, plus in the spring and fall months it will be more than enough to take the edge off as many others have mentioned from our area.

Our upgrade for the fridge was to get rid of the residential fridge and get a 18 cubic foot Norcold as we did not want to have worry about the food (between the fridge, the power needs (with no propane backup), and the inverter there are to many chances for failure on a residential fridge) - plus we have heard to many horror stories with both the brand that Jayco uses for residential fridges and with maintenance on those fridges.

As for PDI list, luckily our dealer does a good job going over the unit both before we pick up and during the pickup with us present. Since we are leaving the area right after we pick up the unit I did tell them, though, that I want to come do my own inspection when it comes in while they are installing the Goosebox and Washer/Dryer so if I find anything they will have time to fix it. With this being my 3rd trailer I have gotten to learn the most common "break in failures" and will check those first. That being said, anyone know some common items to check on Jayco trailers?
Old 07-16-2018, 10:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
It was very nice talking to you this weekend! When we have taken the cat with us camping I have just pulled the theater seats out a little and put the litter box behind it. It still has room when traveling as we have removed the hassock from the couch for we never used it and it was heavy and took up lots of room.
Is the theater seating secured to the floor at all? Also, when you pulled it out did you just pull it our far enough for the cat to get behind and then put the litter box under one of the seats (not sure if they are open back or not)? One thing I was thinking of doing is cutting into the ottoman and putting the litterbox inside since the top lifts off, but I am also not sure if I want to do that/if it has enough room since I have not taken measurements of it yet.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #9

Thanks we have same frig 3 years no complaints. PDI should give you a few things to take a look at! Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRVoyagers View Post
I do not expect the generator to power both AC units,
Should run both of them without issue.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Should run both of them without issue.
Really?! Good to know.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRVoyagers View Post
Is the theater seating secured to the floor at all? Also, when you pulled it out did you just pull it our far enough for the cat to get behind and then put the litter box under one of the seats (not sure if they are open back or not)? One thing I was thinking of doing is cutting into the ottoman and putting the litterbox inside since the top lifts off, but I am also not sure if I want to do that/if it has enough room since I have not taken measurements of it yet.
Our Seating is not secured but it is a 2016 model. I think the 2019's have some electronics in them so not sure. I would pull out at a slant with the most room towards the rear of the RV and put the litter box behind the one chair. Having the ottoman out posed no issues for us with the slides in and having the seats pulled out at the slant.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Our Seating is not secured but it is a 2016 model. I think the 2019's have some electronics in them so not sure. I would pull out at a slant with the most room towards the rear of the RV and put the litter box behind the one chair. Having the ottoman out posed no issues for us with the slides in and having the seats pulled out at the slant.

Interesting that yours wasn’t secured...mine is and it’s also a 2016.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Interesting that yours wasn’t secured...mine is and it’s also a 2016.
Our Couch is secured but the Theater Seats are not.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Our Couch is secured but the Theater Seats are not.

Both of mine are fastened to the floor