Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2019, 01:03 AM   #1

2019 Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS

Looking at trading up to this trailer with 50amp and 2 AC's. Any thoughts , reviews, etc?
54camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:26 AM   #2

No thoughts on trading up but welcome to the Forum. We all would probably like to trade up. I see you are from Valrico. I am from Plant City and used to live in Seffner as well. Finally moved up here to South Georgia when I had a chance to retire. The traffic down there is horrendous any more. Wall to wall from Tampa to Orlando. We will be down in a couple weeks for a Hinson Family Reunion and hope to wade in to all that traffic and attend the Strawberry Festival.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:30 AM   #3

Same floor plan you have now? What's the advantage of the fifth? Looks like you might be losing a little storage and splitting the bathroom.
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerIsMe View Post
Same floor plan you have now? What's the advantage of the fifth? Looks like you might be losing a little storage and splitting the bathroom.
Main reason is several issues from first month of buying TT and poor service from dealer (another long story). Replacing defective AC, shower faucet, defective entertainment system, main slide out gear(s), and few other small items. Still waiting on other issues with bedroom slide out and both slide outs roof seam tape has to be redone. Big issue that I have been dealing with is bulging of siding on both sides of trailer and ripple/wave of siding above wheel well since October. Dealer finally states they are not equipped to handle this repair and Jayco would have to take trailer to Indiana to repair but not till Sept. I made my dissatisfaction known to my salesperson and store manager and wanted to see how much they would help me trade to another TT or 5th. They're pretty close to numbers that i am comfortable with after a LOT of back and forth of course. Jayco is even willing to give money to dealer instead of having TT towed to Indiana and back and doing repair. Outside storage is realistically the same - rear compartment identical. Front compartment door on TT is only 7-8 inches high. Front storage door on 5th is pretty big just not as much interior space. But inside storage - cabinets, drawers, etc. - on 5th is definitely more
Old 02-17-2019, 08:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54camping View Post
Main reason is several issues from first month of buying TT and poor service from dealer (another long story). Replacing defective AC, shower faucet, defective entertainment system, main slide out gear(s), and few other small items. Still waiting on other issues with bedroom slide out and both slide outs roof seam tape has to be redone. Big issue that I have been dealing with is bulging of siding on both sides of trailer and ripple/wave of siding above wheel well since October. Dealer finally states they are not equipped to handle this repair and Jayco would have to take trailer to Indiana to repair but not till Sept. I made my dissatisfaction known to my salesperson and store manager and wanted to see how much they would help me trade to another TT or 5th. They're pretty close to numbers that i am comfortable with after a LOT of back and forth of course. Jayco is even willing to give money to dealer instead of having TT towed to Indiana and back and doing repair. Outside storage is realistically the same - rear compartment identical. Front compartment door on TT is only 7-8 inches high. Front storage door on 5th is pretty big just not as much interior space. But inside storage - cabinets, drawers, etc. - on 5th is definitely more

Geez man. I'm sorry to hear about all the troubles with the Flight. I guess everybody rolls out a lemon every once in a while and it's just the luck of the draw who gets it. We have had no issues at all (except cabinet door hinge screws that are about 1/32" long) in two years with our Jay Feather, but right now we're waiting on an HT 27.5RLTS and keeping our fingers crossed. I'm glad Jayco is working with you and the dealer to make things right - I've read mostly good things about the company's customer service but hope I don't have occasion to use it to your extent.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:36 AM   #6

Not to mention there is quite a number of upgrades on 5th - 2 AC's, whisper quiet AC, better insulation top to bottom, upgraded range w/ glass top, metal surfaces out door kitchen, rear hitch, etc
Old 02-17-2019, 08:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54camping View Post
Not to mention there is quite a number of upgrades on 5th - 2 AC's, whisper quiet AC, better insulation top to bottom, upgraded range w/ glass top, metal surfaces out door kitchen, rear hitch, etc

Plus it's taller inside. I'm 6-1 and I come close to brushing the underside of the AC in our trailer. Always feels claustrophobic to me.

I don't know - we're trading because the HT feels more like a little apartment than a trailer. Purists like to say "it's camping dammit!", and there's nothing wrong with that at all, but after the fire dies out, or when it's gloomy and raining it's nice to go inside and just relax. We gave up the bunks we have in the Feather in favor of the rear living area with the recliners and the nice big windows. The little crown of thorns is 12, and she's our only child who lives with us (older daughter is 26, lives in Rahway) and the pull-out sofa will be her bed.

Anyways my friend, welcome to the forum.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:59 AM   #8

Very wise for going with the second AC!

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Very wise for going with the second AC!

Earl

X2, especially in Florida.

Also, Earl will spend your money
Old 02-17-2019, 09:27 AM   #10

Quote:
X2, especially in Florida.

Also, Earl will spend your money
Very true. I spend all mine constantly. Lol

Earl
Old 02-17-2019, 09:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Very true. I spend all mine constantly. Lol

Earl

Can't take it with you. And if you could, the more you have the bigger the coffin you'll need.

Tom
Old 02-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #12

Welcome to JOF! I say just do it, you only live once.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Can't take it with you. And if you could, the more you have the bigger the coffin you'll need.

Tom
Cemetery people would steal the money. Lol

Earl
Old 02-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #14

As you can see in my signature I have a 2018 29.5 FBDS. We really like it. We picked that floor plan to get a rear bedroom. My wife has a bad knee and the stairs on our old camper were a constant pain in the knee. We let the grand kids use the stairs now. We got the following options: 2nd AC in the bedroom, 16" Goodyear tire upgrade, auto level, tankless water heater. The one short coming of this model is the lack of storage. It has very little storage. I've learned to haul less stuff and I am getting by fine.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:12 PM   #15

our FBDS has 50Amp Service and only came with 1 AC. We added the 2nd AC after having it less than 1 year. The one AC does not keep up.
Cypert is offline   Reply With Quote