Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #1

2019 jayco pinnacle 32rlts

Anyone have this fifth wheel...do you have all 3 of your TVs working through satellite? And how did you hook it up?...
cdjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:49 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjenn View Post
Anyone have this fifth wheel...do you have all 3 of your TVs working through satellite? And how did you hook it up?...
I have a 2019 37 RLWS with 3 TVs. I purchased the Winegard Pathway X2 which supports two receivers. My main receiver is in the living room. Several months ago I tried hooking up the second receiver to the bedroom TV. It turned out to be a PITA so I gave up on the bedroom receiver. I'm going to go with a wireless HDMI extender to get satellite reception in the bedroom and for the outdoor TV. Haven't tried the extender yet but will report back when I tackle that project.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:05 AM   #3

What satellite are you using? It does matter. Most tailgater style satellite manuals will have pictures showing how to connect. Often they require a modification to your connection. We elect to run a coaxial thru the window, as avid TV watchers we have the TV up 100% of the time. With the dual output I ran a separate coaxial thru the cargo area (follow the wash/dryer pipes thru the floor, under the dresser). Good luck.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:30 AM   #4

I just went through this with new pinnacle 36ssws> If you want to use one receiver and watch programing on any of the TV locations .
I installed my receiver in cabinet above main TV in living area then pulled antenna booster from cabinet wall on the back of the booster there are 3 coax wires connected one is over the air antenna in- one is cable in- and one is TV two out -they are marked if you look closely. I disconnected TV 2 out and added a short piece of coax to it extendind It around the booster into the cabinet [a small hole my be necessary] then connect it to coax feeding main TV using a coax splitter so now coax coming off the front of the booster has short coax to antenna input on receiver then to TV out of receiver to splitter and cables from splitter to TV 1 and TV 2 . I use a 211K receiver from dish which has coax outputs making this fairly easy. If your receiver has only HDMI then I think you can buy a HDMI to coax adapter but I have never seen one.
Back of my receiver has 3 coax connections- sat. in ,TV in[from booster] TV out
when I use sat TV all TVS have same show and you can't watch over the air when sat receiver is on .when receiver is off all TVs work normally over the air
Haul n it all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haul n it all View Post
I just went through this with new pinnacle 36ssws> If you want to use one receiver and watch programing on any of the TV locations .
I installed my receiver in cabinet above main TV in living area then pulled antenna booster from cabinet wall on the back of the booster there are 3 coax wires connected one is over the air antenna in- one is cable in- and one is TV two out -they are marked if you look closely. I disconnected TV 2 out and added a short piece of coax to it extendind It around the booster into the cabinet [a small hole my be necessary] then connect it to coax feeding main TV using a coax splitter so now coax coming off the front of the booster has short coax to antenna input on receiver then to TV out of receiver to splitter and cables from splitter to TV 1 and TV 2 . I use a 211K receiver from dish which has coax outputs making this fairly easy. If your receiver has only HDMI then I think you can buy a HDMI to coax adapter but I have never seen one.
Back of my receiver has 3 coax connections- sat. in ,TV in[from booster] TV out
when I use sat TV all TVS have same show and you can't watch over the air when sat receiver is on .when receiver is off all TVs work normally over the air
I would love to see a hand written schematic of that.........please!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:41 AM   #6

Yes me too or a pics will be good, it sound easy and I think that I know what he is talking about but not sure.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote