Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-24-2018, 07:39 PM   #1

2019 North Point 381 DLQS

Hi all,
We are planning to purchase a North Point 381 in January.
I have a favor to ask all NP 381 owners. Would you list your CCC and the options you have on your Rig.

We plan to full time and have been told that 3k ccc is recommended. I have also been told that the published CCC (in this case is 3260) is without any options and when you add options your CCC is reduced.

For those of you that FUlltime what is your CCC?
Thank you in advance.
Rick and Stacy

Options we would like:
Slide out awnings(4)
Sanicon
Second Awning
Gen prep
Receiver hitch.
King Bed
RV Fridge
Carbon Steel FBP
Delivery May 2019
2015 Silverado High Country 3500 DRW 4X4
B&W Companion
S1lv3R4D0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:33 AM   #2

2018 North Point 381DLQS

Hi Rich & Stacy,

You have probably made your purchase already but just in case you haven't, I thought I'd go ahead an put this out there for you.

My 2018 North Point 281DLQS indicates 2,403 lbs. CCC.

I have the options you listed but with a queen bed. I love a king bed and sleep on one every night at home but it would be a pretty tight fit in the camper. Be sure and check out the space around a king vs a queen.

Mine includes the Customer VAL Pkg A/C w/HT Pump; North Point Luxury Package, Euro Bunk rear overhead, Tankless water heater, Cargo TV.

FYI:

Carry some blocks for the rear stabilizer jacks. I was getting out of stroke errors when trying to use the auto level. Putting a 6" block under each (4) rear jack was the remedy.

My primary AC went out the second trip. Dealer replaced the whole unit under warranty. Just a hassle as the dealer is an hour away.

Had some adjustments made to some drawers not sliding. Sliding pantry doors and bedroom closet doors had to be adjusted.

His & her sinks in bathroom - need to make sure they sealed around the edge where the sink meets the counter top. Ours had no silicone around the edges and one leaked into a drawer below. The laminate started releasing a bit as well which I will point out to them next week as I return the unit for the yearly inspection.

I'm 6' tall and I have to bend down to see my face in the mirror when shaving.

Always put plenty of water in the toilet when flushing paper. Toilet is not directly over the black tank so it has a couple elbows to go through. We had a clog from visitors flushing with a small amount of water.

Slide topper over the dinette and recliners failed to retract so the topper laid on top of the slide folded up and slid into the unit with the slide. The upper slide gasket now needs attended to.

Furnace would not cut on this past weekend. Found the magic switch on top of the furnace but it was almost out of reach. Have to remove a panel behind the water hookup panel and reach as far as you can to flip the reset button.

Wife is not crazy about the tankless water heater, have to run the water a while to finally get some hot water. That means you have to dump your gray tanks more often.

Wife loves the residential fridge and the convection microwave.

BTW: there is a hidden valve for the ice maker underneath the kitchen island. You have to remove the little wooden panel under the sink to see and reach the valve. Mine was closed and I could never get water to the fridge. There is a second valve under the stove also. Have to remove the drawer below it to get to that one.

Purchased my North Point a year ago this month. My first 5th wheel so I'm still getting used to maneuvering it. I traded from a 29RLS Jay Flight bumper pull. We are not full timers, just take a few trips a year. Decided to take the plunge for a 5th wheel because I'm not getting any younger so I better try it while I have the nerve

Hope this finds you well and offers some tips I have realized as a result of my year of experience thus far.

Byron
blongbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1lv3R4D0 View Post
Hi all,
We are planning to purchase a North Point 381 in January.
I have a favor to ask all NP 381 owners. Would you list your CCC and the options you have on your Rig.

We plan to full time and have been told that 3k ccc is recommended. I have also been told that the published CCC (in this case is 3260) is without any options and when you add options your CCC is reduced.

For those of you that FUlltime what is your CCC?
Thank you in advance.
Rick and Stacy

Options we would like:
Slide out awnings(4)
Sanicon
Second Awning
Gen prep
Receiver hitch.
King Bed
RV Fridge
Highly recommend the RV Snap Pads. 1st thing we put on our newly ordered unit when we received in 2018. This is our 3rd camping season and still love our unit. 2018 NP381 DLQS
FireBC is offline   Reply With Quote