Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2019, 10:53 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivusCraig View Post
Congrats on your new 2019 Pinnacle 36FBTS. We purchased new a 2016 Pinnacle 36FBTs back in 2016. I retired in June of 2018. We have been full timing in our Pinnacle since then.

I did add a generator and am just now finishing putting solar on our roof. We ended up purchasing an RV lot in Florida. We plan to use this to launch out to various destinations.

Good luck. We profited from having a couple of years under our belt to get used to pulling and using such a big rig.

Happy RVing!
HI and thank you. We are soooo ready to hit the road but we both know that we need the time to get some experience under our belts.

I just spoke to the factory rep that was here in Denver at the show and he told me the expected delivery date has now been pushed out to the end of May...ugh! Oh well. I need to talk to you about your solar. I would llike to install solar on my rig. How many watts? How many AH in your battery bank?
What type of batteries.? I am full of questions. LOL
Enjoy the warm weather in Florida...I am in Co and it will be 8 degress tonight and a high of 16 tommorrow.

Rick
Carbon Steel FBP
Delivery May 2019
2015 Silverado High Country 3500 DRW 4X4
B&W Companion
S1lv3R4D0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:50 PM   #22

Hey Rick, I feel like I am reading what could have been my own post less than a year ago. We too ordered and purchased a 2018 Pinnacle 36FBTS (picked it up on Mar 28, 2018) and purchased a new 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually at the same time. Last year we camped 7 times, 1-2 weeks each stay and then winterized it and put in storage until today. I am still working but plan to retire as soon as possible. I would love to share our experiences with you but some of my blunders would take much to long to type. We have thoroughly enjoyed every moment and are still learning, but the journey is great! Congrats and enjoy.
Randy
rkkeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:28 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkeely View Post
Hey Rick, I feel like I am reading what could have been my own post less than a year ago. We too ordered and purchased a 2018 Pinnacle 36FBTS (picked it up on Mar 28, 2018) and purchased a new 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually at the same time. Last year we camped 7 times, 1-2 weeks each stay and then winterized it and put in storage until today. I am still working but plan to retire as soon as possible. I would love to share our experiences with you but some of my blunders would take much to long to type. We have thoroughly enjoyed every moment and are still learning, but the journey is great! Congrats and enjoy.
Randy
Hi Randy,
Thanks for the very interesting post. Wow, your story does sound like the plans I have laid out. I would love to hear about your adventures and your experiences. I will send you a friend request and a private message. Since we have the same rigs it would be a great way to learn.
Rick
Carbon Steel FBP
Delivery May 2019
B&W Companion
Old 02-18-2019, 10:09 PM   #24

Congrats on the new rig(s)..

We too are starting out in baby steps near the house. 3 days then 5 days, in a few weeks 7 days then full time April 1, adding pets a couple at a time.

First couple of hook ups and tear-downs we looked like Laurel and Hardy but we are getting better at it. By the time we tweak the checklists we’ll likely have it memorized.

From the bit we have learned thus far, your plan is good and sensible. Your delivery and inspection will be exciting. And the first drive home, well hang on!

Have fun and keep posting.

Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:58 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Congrats on the new rig(s)..

We too are starting out in baby steps near the house. 3 days then 5 days, in a few weeks 7 days then full time April 1, adding pets a couple at a time.

First couple of hook ups and tear-downs we looked like Laurel and Hardy but we are getting better at it. By the time we tweak the checklists we’ll likely have it memorized.

From the bit we have learned thus far, your plan is good and sensible. Your delivery and inspection will be exciting. And the first drive home, well hang on!

Have fun and keep posting.

Angus
Hi Angus,
Thanks for the advice and encouragement. The rig you own is one we considered. We loved the open bedroom/ bathroom area. How do you like it so far? Will you be selling your B&S home or just renting it out while you are on the road?
Best of luck and may God bless you and keep you safe on your travels.
Rick
Carbon Steel FBP
Delivery May 2019
B&W Companion
Old 02-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #26

Thanks Rick

We love the RV and have had no major problems. After a cold shower we quickly learned how to change a water heater control circuit board, but that's the kind of thing we fully expected and the warranty replacement was handled quickly and courteously.

The layout works well for us. I was slightly concerned about the single bath (I see you have that covered with the 36FBTS) but that is working OK. What sold us on the SWSS was the huge bedroom, as it offered a whole separate space and extra workspace for Joan (still has some clients) and space for pets, while the back half offers other separate space. Overall it is more functional than some NYC apartments we have shared. The huge couch bench at the large bay window in the front (bedroom) is spectacular. We fully recognize that the new slide-within-a-slide is a mechanical risk but we took the chance for the benefit. Room for four Chihuahuas and four cats.

We have the B&S house on the market but will move in to the RV April 1 no matter what. When done with the RV life in the future, we will look for a smaller condo somewhere, so no need to keep it and be (or hire) a landlord. We have local park reservations until October, from which i will commute to work. When I retire in the fall we move to FLA to establish domicile before we set out elsewhere sometime in 2020.

Rick I know you have a different floor plan, but if you need a seeing eye person for componentry before you get your unit, feel free to contact. I'll PM info.

All the best
Angus
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
Old 02-20-2019, 05:01 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1lv3R4D0 View Post
Hi,
After 2 yrs of researching and trying to determine our needs, we bought our 5er on Jan 10 2019. It will be arriving in late April of 2019.
Our plans are to full time once I reach full retirement age. Sept 2020, Until then we will try to figure out how to tow and set up /tear down camp.
Congrats on the purchase of your 2019 36' JAYCO Pinnacle
We took possession the 2018 JAYCO North Point last October and have

using it since them down on a bay in NW WA. state since then.

We have noticed a lot of dust coming from the trailers furnace and
have been researching on what kind of heat register filter to use that
comes in rolls of various lengths for sale. The size of the filter material we
need to purchase is 10"X21/2"X1/2". This would fit nicely on the underneath
part of the heat register.
I am assuming that your Pinnacle uses the same 40K BTU heating furnace as the
North Point, however, I could be wrong. Could you check the size furnace filter
stripes you would need IF you were planing on installing filters?
redley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:58 PM   #28

Redley have you considered filtering the air return and not the registers? That wady keeping dust out of the ducts? Filters at the registers might trap dust within the system.

I’m not an RV HVAC expert but Joan and I were having the same conversation since we are about to move in to the same size rig with 4 small dogs and 4 cats (altogether they add up to one real dog). Thinking of our system at home, we change our “three month filter” every month at the air return. Our HVAC guy tells us that anything else downstream just reduces efficiency and keeps debris in.

Next time at the Pinnacle I’ll look for the return and consider options for a filter there.
-angus
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
Old 02-21-2019, 07:01 AM   #29

Congratulations!

Hope you enjoy your new Fiver as wel as we have enjoyed our 2018 Pinnacle 36 KPTS. Happy Trails.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:45 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Redley have you considered filtering the air return and not the registers? That wady keeping dust out of the ducts? Filters at the registers might trap dust within the system.

I’m not an RV HVAC expert but Joan and I were having the same conversation since we are about to move in to the same size rig with 4 small dogs and 4 cats (altogether they add up to one real dog). Thinking of our system at home, we change our “three month filter” every month at the air return. Our HVAC guy tells us that anything else downstream just reduces efficiency and keeps debris in.

Next time at the Pinnacle I’ll look for the return and consider options for a filter there.
-angus
Angus, is the return built into one of the stairs leading to the bedroom?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:06 PM   #31

Yes I’m pretty sure it is. Ironically right next to the central vacuum intake. We won’t be fully in to the RV untill 3/3 but tomorrow I think I can fire up the furnace on propane with the sliders in and check that return.

Joan wanted to cover the floor registers with filters
For no other reason than to keep dust and fur out but I think I’ll macguiver some form of quick removal of the grates for hitting it quickly with a vacuum hose.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:47 PM   #32

We just bought one too. We pick it up next Wed. We done a lot of research and looking before we decided on the Pinnacle 36 FTBS.
Mgord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:43 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgord View Post
We just bought one too. We pick it up next Wed. We done a lot of research and looking before we decided on the Pinnacle 36 FTBS.

Congratulations on the new Pinnacle and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:36 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgord View Post

Congrats and welcome to JOF.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:47 PM   #35

Congrats on your new Pinnacle. We did about the same thing but about a year ahead of you. So far, we had a few minor things occur and easily repaired. Our biggest issue has been with the Furrion Convection/Microwave as well as the Furrion Oven. Neither works properly and new units are on order from our dealer in Orlando. Also had a self inflicted screw up by forgetting to latch the shower doors while traveling. Awaiting new glass as we speak. Im sure you'll enjoy your new trailer.
B&W Companion Hitch
Westyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:21 PM   #36

You will love your Pinnacle! We got our Pinnacle 36FBTS in January last year. We already have close to 11000 miles on it already and have started planning our next trip to the Seattle area in June! My only advise is to travel, travel, travel and ENJOY!!!!
LeonDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:22 PM   #37

Thanks, We got it home and the Bedroom slide won't go out. It moves about one inch then motor 1 stops. I went thru the manual it shows a wiring fault. Bummer
Old 02-28-2019, 08:23 PM   #38

Thanks, Thanks, We got it home and the Bedroom slide won't go out. It moves about one inch then motor 1 stops. I went thru the manual it shows a wiring fault. Bummer
Old 03-01-2019, 06:21 AM   #39

Make sure the rig is level...
Carbon Steel FBP
Delivery May 2019
B&W Companion
Old 03-03-2019, 06:43 PM   #40

Just upgraded

Just picked up our 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS yesterday. Still amazed how there are some very obvious quality defects regardless what price you pay, but overall, this is a great camper and the RV show was a great place to get an awesome deal. I love the layout and the space in the bathroom is wowzer!!!! The trip home was smoooth…and at times it was as if it wasn’t even back there. Can’t wait to go camping with our kids and grandkids!!!
tbrians63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pinnacle