Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2021, 12:42 PM   #1

2019 Pinnacle 36SSWS slide problem

We have a 2019 Jayco pinnacle 36SSWS. We absolutely love the features and layout, but I have had problems with the kitchen and master slides. Having read many post regarding the Lippert system, I realize it is undersized for the slides. However, as we have had trouble getting the slides in and out, taking multiple times to push the slide button in order to finally reach the destination of the slide, And having followed all instructions for resetting the synchronization of the two motors, we had an idea that perhaps the voltage wasn’t at peak performance. We installed two brand new deep cycle marine batteries. When that didn’t work, We turned off everything in the unit including the electric hot water heater and the slides performed properly. Is it possible that a very slight degradation in voltage caused by other DC draw could cause the slide to take 10 pushes of the button to get them to reach their maximum extension?
Doug McSpadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 03:55 PM   #2

In the 2019 year the kitchen slide mechanism is likely different from the one in the bedroom slide. I have been told I was wrong. I believe the kitchen is a slim rack slide mechanism and the bedroom is a Schwintek. Although they are different there are some similarities.

If the slide(s) do not move all the way to the select position, or stop uncommanded, I would expect a fault code would be displayed on the respective controller. That would be the first place to start.

Something else that could cause it to stop could be an issue with the wiring that looks at the motors feedback circuit. As the motors turn information is fed back to the controller on motor rotation. If it senses a problem the controller will shut off power to the motors. Damaged wiring can interrupt that circuit.

There are some good YouTube videos out there on the Schwintek slide system. There was one recently in another similar thread that a RV tech goes into some pretty good detail on troubleshooting.

Also on the list voltage issue, I always hook to shore power even before I disconnect from the truck. This aides in ensuring there is good voltage to the jack and slide motors. If there is ever a question of proper voltage use a volt meter but make sure it is under a load when you check if. Hope that helps.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote