Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2018, 08:28 AM   #1

2019 Pinnacle Questions

We just took deliverly of a 2019 Pinnacle 38REFS and have a few questions hoping the community can help with.

1. in older models the Jayco videos, the logo was backlit on the control panel... on ours there is no backlighting at all for the logo or the lettering for the panel switches, is there suppose to be backlighting to the control panel?

2. The Bathroom Maxfan has a wall switch, but we got told you have to manually push the on/off button on the fan itself to operate, if running and you then hit the wall switch it will shut off, however, if you switch it back on, the fan spins for about 10 sec then stops.... this does not seem right. Should the wall switch control the fan off and on, if it was on and speed set at the fan itself?

the wife is short and can not reach the control in the ceiling, so having this preset and the wall switch work would be ideal.

thanks in advance.
jrmclean66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:38 AM   #2

On iur 2015 non of the switches were backlit, not sure about subsequent years.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:54 AM   #3

Our Pinnacle 36KPTS bath fan does the same thing. And the control panel does not have a back light
Old 10-22-2018, 11:26 AM   #4

My logo lights up when you turn the switch on by your feet when standing at the control panel. The light from mine provides no help in seeing anything. There is a post here (sticky) by Magnolia Tom about mods to his 377 that shows how to add a led strip with switch that is a tremendous improvement.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffPhillips View Post
My logo lights up when you turn the switch on by your feet when standing at the control panel. The light from mine provides no help in seeing anything. There is a post here (sticky) by Magnolia Tom about mods to his 377 that shows how to add a led strip with switch that is a tremendous improvement.
Ditto on the LED strip. I mounted one at the top of the inside door of the control panel that works on a motion switch as well. Open the control panel door and the light comes on!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:26 PM   #6

Bathroom Fan

When we bought our Pinnacle and saw that we had to stand on the toilet to operate the fan I said that is unacceptable. So we had the fan with a remote control transferred from our Solitude onto the Pinnacle.
Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmclean66 View Post
We just took deliverly of a 2019 Pinnacle 38REFS and have a few questions hoping the community can help with.

1. in older models the Jayco videos, the logo was backlit on the control panel... on ours there is no backlighting at all for the logo or the lettering for the panel switches, is there suppose to be backlighting to the control panel?

2. The Bathroom Maxfan has a wall switch, but we got told you have to manually push the on/off button on the fan itself to operate, if running and you then hit the wall switch it will shut off, however, if you switch it back on, the fan spins for about 10 sec then stops.... this does not seem right. Should the wall switch control the fan off and on, if it was on and speed set at the fan itself?

the wife is short and can not reach the control in the ceiling, so having this preset and the wall switch work would be ideal.

thanks in advance.
I have the exact year, make and model with the same problem. Any fix for this yet. Also my bathroom door didn't come with the magnet door holder. Jayco did mail it but after looking at it the magnet is so strong I question if I should install it or not.
Wildcatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:02 PM   #8

Our 2018 KPTS had the same fan set-up in the bathroom. Wife could not reach the knob to open the vent before turning on the fan. I recently replaced the bathroom fan with the Maxxfan Deluxe that has a remote control. Much nicer set-up. Had to bypass the on/off switch on the wall when installing the fan though. Took about three hours to remove the old fan and install the new one.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eharris205 View Post
Our 2018 KPTS had the same fan set-up in the bathroom. Wife could not reach the knob to open the vent before turning on the fan. I recently replaced the bathroom fan with the Maxxfan Deluxe that has a remote control. Much nicer set-up. Had to bypass the on/off switch on the wall when installing the fan though.
Just did the same on our 377. Also added motion light to inside door on control panel.