Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2020, 10:00 PM   #1

2020 28.5 rsts

Hello, wondering if anyone currently has the 28.5 RSTS 5th wheel. The wife fell in love with it. Just wondering of you have issues with everything on the opposite side of the trailer such as the table and recliners. Just wondering if you have any issues with privacy from the neighboring camp site. If you have any other info on this 5er I would appreciate it.

2020 Ford F350 XLT FX4 SRW 6.7 Turbo
2019 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecoboost
2020 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
MTR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:46 AM   #2

We bought one in May. Love it so far, just a few minor issues as with anything new. Have only been to a private camp site so far but heading out to a public one on Thursday. Our last 5th wheel had a slide and it didn't seem to interfere with adjoining campers and the slide on the left side of this one is slightly smaller so I don't expect any issues.
It was my wife's choice too, The closet at the entrance was the big thing for her. Most others in this class don't have any closet for jackets and it drives my wife wild when I throw my jacket on the couch. lol.
superbgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:32 AM   #3

We have a 2018 and like it very much. But like all trailers you always wish they would have done A or B. Like our last trailer had more counter space and a skylight over the island resuling in light always available in our works space. Having other trailers in the past we were looking for some specific things which the 28.5 handled most of them. Not sure what you mean about the privacy issue from the neighboring campsite. All campsites are different each offering their own amount of privacy. One of the big attractions of trailers like this is all the windows and when we need more privacy we just pull down the shades.
Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
BLTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:33 PM   #4

We have a 2018 and love it very much. We have pulled it about 8,000 miles so far. We had a few very minor issues such as a small water line leak due to an improperly installed washer and a missing air acceptance valve for the kitchen sink. It wasn’t installed from the factory. The slides have worked very well and it is very quiet on the inside. Recliners are comfortable and the table plus extension works well. For the second air conditioner, we opted for the low profile unit which reduces our height.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #5

I have the 2017 model, and love it. If you go with this model (or a HT) I would make sure the trailer has the 16 inch tires and have the suspension springs in the lowest hole. The HT trailers run low and trying to get them hitched up level can be tough, and still maintain truck bed clearance to the trailer. I only have the one A/C unit but am wired 50 amp for the second one. If you can I would buy it with the second A/C unit.
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:39 PM   #6

I have a 2017 and have had no problems, except I threw the mattress away and got a new one from the local mattress store ��
Capt Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Dave View Post
I have a 2017 and have had no problems, except I threw the mattress away and got a new one from the local mattress store ��
x2
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote