Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2022, 01:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazakrzewski View Post
Purchased unit new 1/31/20, took unit in with two large bubbles on rear wall and dealer said it was delamination. The entire rear wall needs to be replaced and Jayco has denied warranty claim. Dealer / Jayco has no explanation except to say NO WARRANTY. We paid over $60,000 for this unit and to say we are dis-satisfied with Jayco is an under statement. Has anyone else out there seen similar issues with a 2-1/2 year old unit. I will never buy a Jayco product again. !

I have a 2019 Redhawk 25R. Right after the 2 year warranty the front cap had patches of the gelcoat coming off, Jayco said tuff titties. Took it to an RV Autobody shop. He said they see it all the time. The front cap is made by a third-party, they use a cheap release agent to get it out of the mold on top of that they don’t put enough finish coats on it. He also said it looked like mine was repaired after it came out of the mold with a defect and the repair didn’t hold up! $2500 later, new decals and re-spray front cap with a urethane paint. Happy with the body shop not happy with Jayco!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 01:46 PM   #22

I would call jayco directly, I was denied warranty work when dealer was dealing with them, so decided to call them directly and surprise they fixed it under warranty,
Serge6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 03:35 PM   #23

Is there really a better product out there? Aren't most all towables built just about the same with some exceptions?
Every brand forum has their share of disgruntled RV owners. I'm not sure jumping to another brand guarantees better quality unless the quality is visibly evident.
Grand Design
Forest River
Keystone
Heartland, etc are all going to build some junk along with some okay units.
IMO it's a crap shoot as to whether buying X brand over Y brand guarantees' better quality.
I've been reading on the Grand Design forum since they first started making Reflection 5th wheels. There's the same crap construction happening over there as well. I use GD as an example. It's the same across the board.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 03:56 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
Is there really a better product out there?

I have to agree with you there. There are exceptions, I’m only speaking for my experience. I’m on my third motorhome. And in the motorhome genre you have to look at the price points. most of them in these lower, (I can’t believe I’m using the term lower in the hundred thousand dollar category! ), price points are all the same quality, however, spending the money on a few of the other small, niche, manufacturers will give you better quality/control. I went with Jayco because a two-year warranty I beat them down for everything I can while it’s within that two years warranty! Unless it’s something minor and I just don’t feel like going to the dealer!

But this was back in 2018 where you can get into a dealerships service center and have repair done without waiting months!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 04:06 PM   #25

Unless you’re looking at something like a Mobile Suites or similar high end RV most Jayco competitors have customers with same issues. It’s more about the slam bam, fast paced method these manufacturers use to build units. They will all but admit mistakes will be made because of how fast they work. If you’ve haven’t watched any videos on travel trailer production you should look up a few on YT. It’s crazy how cheap they are made yet some hold up for decades.
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 07:10 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
Is there really a better product out there? Aren't most all towables built just about the same with some exceptions?
Every brand forum has their share of disgruntled RV owners. I'm not sure jumping to another brand guarantees better quality unless the quality is visibly evident.
Grand Design
Forest River
Keystone
Heartland, etc are all going to build some junk along with some okay units.
IMO it's a crap shoot as to whether buying X brand over Y brand guarantees' better quality.
I've been reading on the Grand Design forum since they first started making Reflection 5th wheels. There's the same crap construction happening over there as well. I use GD as an example. It's the same across the board.
Try looking at Airstream, yes i know they are costly but you get what you pay for, and in the end it may be a better economic decision. Also, Lance builds a well designed, quality towable. As far as motor homes are concerned, it's a crap shoot. There are several new manufactures setting up shop that purport to be designing quality coaches. It may be worth the wait.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 07:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpod View Post
Try looking at Airstream, yes i know they are costly but you get what you pay for, and in the end it may be a better economic decision.
They have always been a great unit, but they build nothing comparable space wise, nor fifth wheels.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 08:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
They have always been a great unit, but they build nothing comparable space wise, nor fifth wheels.
That's why i mentioned Lance. the make a unit with one slide that sleeps 8. Not as costly as Airstream.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:07 PM   #29

I frequent many forums - putting Forest River out there is like putting Thor out there as a whole. FR makes a bunch of garbage for sure, but I don’t read anywhere near the constant manufacturer lampooning on the Rockwood / Flagstaff forums. Perfect - no, but doesn’t seem as bad.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 08:07 AM   #30

I had a new 2018 Rockwood that started delaminating after 1 month of owning it. Manufacturer said it was bad glue. Really? They always have a excuse at the ready. But before it made its way back to the factory for repair it was traded off for a larger unit and different brand.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 08:23 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
I had a new 2018 Rockwood that started delaminating after 1 month of owning it. Manufacturer said it was bad glue. Really? They always have a excuse at the ready. But before it made its way back to the factory for repair it was traded off for a larger unit and different brand.
Not an excuse, telling you the truth. It was a glue failure, not common, but it does happen.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 10:18 AM   #32

Recently went to our local podunk RV show. Walked through some new Lance TT's and was not all that impressed. I used to really like Lance but they don't make a TT floor plan that fits us. Since they were bought out by REV Group the overall interior quality seems to have slide downhill a bit.
They went from IMO better torsion axles to covered wagon days leaf spring suspension.
It also seems like they downgraded the cabinets and booth dinette materials. I'm sure the cabinets and other materials are better quality than some of the Elkhart stuff but from a hands on feel it didn't wow me like in the past. They didn't feel better even though they looked nice. If that makes sense.
Exterior wise Lance looked super clean and tight. It's just hard to swallow $60-70K+ for a 25' non Airstream TT.
https://www.hwytrailersales.com/New-...61455?ref=list
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 06:30 AM   #33

Our Pinnacle is at the dealer getting warranty work done. One of the items is not delamination, but, for lack of a better word, a section near the top passenger side in front cap with small ridges? under the paint. it is a whole section and can't be seen from the ground. I happened to be waxing the front cap when I found them. It doesn't look like it is the paint but the fiberglass underneath. My buddy with a similar model and year pinnacle, except no paint, found the same thing on his after I mentioned it to him. He's had it fixed already by Lazy Days in Tampa.
Old 11-14-2022, 06:52 AM   #34

The attached link is from 2021 regarding poor quality. it's only gotten worse since then. read the article and comments. familiar refrain from RV owners.
https://www.rvtravel.com/pathetic-qu...oducing-1017b/
Old 01-21-2023, 09:22 AM   #35

Update on delamination claim.

After 3 months of back and forth with dealer and Jayco, they have denied a warranty claim. They have determined that water has dripped down through one of the marker lights that have a factory rubber grommet on a vertical wall and caused water damage to the rear wall. This process has caused the wall to delaminate in multiple areas. They have now said this is due to poor customer maintenance. As I have said before, I have owned and probably help sell multiple Jayco RV's to friends & family for over 30 years that has come to an end. DONE with Jayco !
tazakrzewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 05:16 AM   #36

since coming back from warranty work, the furnace has quit again, has really never worked properly since purchasing new in 2021. The BMPRO tablet has been intermittent since going in for service, and I am pretty certain they discharged the batteries while working on it, as I could see the voltages on the phone APP. The bedroom sliding door has a guide on the bottom, that had come off. To repair, I am sure they had to take the door off to access the location. it is a very heavy door, surprised they would put such a heavy door, and we have 2 of them. Last night we pulled in a campground, halfway from home, and found the same door had totally come off its channel on top on the front. It has a small ball like sliding attachment in the top channel, and the door has a plate in two places, front and rear of door, where it slides into. It then has a rotating latch mechanism to lock in place. The front one had come totally off, and nothing was broken there, which tells me they either didn't lock it at all, or just part way, which allowed it to vibrate to the open position. I blame it on I-95 in SC, which is a disgrace, and subject for another rant later, lol. The door was wedged against the floor in the front, and the rear was still attached. it had dug in slightly into the floor and no amount of muscle could move it. Eventually, my bride and I managed to slide a screwdriver, hammer, and last, a breaker bar to be able to release the tension. A small crowbar would have been perfect. Eventually we got it back in the track. Damage appears to be the bottom guide that is off again, and the strap that holds the door open while traveling. The strap itself is fine, but, when the door fell, it pulled that screw right off the wall as well. it really is poor quality, no question about it. While at the show in Tampa, the wife was very impressed with the nearly $200K DR Suites units there. All "real" stuff, first class workmanship. Of course, price becomes an issue, and not sure what you pull a 46' 22-24K camper with.
Old 01-22-2023, 09:47 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
since coming back from warranty work, the furnace has quit again, has really never worked properly since purchasing new in 2021. The BMPRO tablet has been intermittent since going in for service, and I am pretty certain they discharged the batteries while working on it, as I could see the voltages on the phone APP. The bedroom sliding door has a guide on the bottom, that had come off. To repair, I am sure they had to take the door off to access the location. it is a very heavy door, surprised they would put such a heavy door, and we have 2 of them. Last night we pulled in a campground, halfway from home, and found the same door had totally come off its channel on top on the front. It has a small ball like sliding attachment in the top channel, and the door has a plate in two places, front and rear of door, where it slides into. It then has a rotating latch mechanism to lock in place. The front one had come totally off, and nothing was broken there, which tells me they either didn't lock it at all, or just part way, which allowed it to vibrate to the open position. I blame it on I-95 in SC, which is a disgrace, and subject for another rant later, lol. The door was wedged against the floor in the front, and the rear was still attached. it had dug in slightly into the floor and no amount of muscle could move it. Eventually, my bride and I managed to slide a screwdriver, hammer, and last, a breaker bar to be able to release the tension. A small crowbar would have been perfect. Eventually we got it back in the track. Damage appears to be the bottom guide that is off again, and the strap that holds the door open while traveling. The strap itself is fine, but, when the door fell, it pulled that screw right off the wall as well. it really is poor quality, no question about it. While at the show in Tampa, the wife was very impressed with the nearly $200K DR Suites units there. All "real" stuff, first class workmanship. Of course, price becomes an issue, and not sure what you pull a 46' 22-24K camper with.
I put Sumo springs on our Pinnacle to help soften the blow of todays roads. They really do work. Etrailer is where I bought mine, they cost about $500 to do both axles and are a breeze to install.
Randyman69357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 12:29 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman69357 View Post
I put Sumo springs on our Pinnacle to help soften the blow of todays roads. They really do work. Etrailer is where I bought mine, they cost about $500 to do both axles and are a breeze to install.
I may need to look at them