Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #1

2020 North Point TV

Is there a switch for the satellite to work. I ran directly from satellite to dish receiver and had a single. When I connected coaxial to satellite connection in the dump station/water filter compartment and coaxial to receiver and connector in cabinet I have nothing. Even tried the auxiliary connection
Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 05:29 PM   #2

Welcome to the club, this have been one of the things that go on and on you can do a search and can find alot of options. I went around and around with this and finally install a separate satellite coaxial cable connection, this is what I did because in all rv, fiver have splitters and the satellite signal don't like splitters it will hardly work or none at all.

Theirs a few people did different things to work for them and I did this, the only one that work for me was the tv in the bedroom but in the living area nothing I did work but one thing.

I had to run my coaxial cable from my king pro II antenna through the front door into the receiver, but anyway this is what I did to make it work for me.

So I went inside and drill an hole to make me a separate connection, you have to bypass those splitters that the rv's have. Now you might want to do a search because you might not want to do what I did but this work for me, good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3421.JPG   DSCN3422.JPG   DSCN3423.JPG   DSCN3433.JPG   DSCN3443.JPG  

DSCN3458.JPG  
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:10 AM   #3

Thanks!
Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:14 PM   #4

Sure, I know that some people have other options but I was get so confused reading all of the people that post them.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Welcome to the club, this have been one of the things that go on and on you can do a search and can find alot of options. I went around and around with this and finally install a separate satellite coaxial cable connection, this is what I did because in all rv, fiver have splitters and the satellite signal don't like splitters it will hardly work or none at all.

Theirs a few people did different things to work for them and I did this, the only one that work for me was the tv in the bedroom but in the living area nothing I did work but one thing.

I had to run my coaxial cable from my king pro II antenna through the front door into the receiver, but anyway this is what I did to make it work for me.

So I went inside and drill an hole to make me a separate connection, you have to bypass those splitters that the rv's have. Now you might want to do a search because you might not want to do what I did but this work for me, good luck.
I did exactly this today on my Pinnacle, with a little difference. I bought the same outside connection based on your recommendation. Instead of creating a new hole I just removed the antenna and used that hole. We haven't turned on a radio station in years and don't plan to start now. If we want music we have Sirius XM in our vehicles and use Dish music stations if we are home so no need for an antenna. Now there is only one coupling instead of who knows how many. I haven't tried it yet as I don't have the new tv installed.

I bought 2 of the connectors because I wanted to see if I could get the bedroom tv set up the same way. Turns out there are cables and water lines that run behind the bedroom dresser coming from the storage bay. I mounted the second connector on the front wall inside the storage bay and ran the cable out the side of the dresser with enough slack to reach the top of it where I will set the Wally. I used a black hole plate to dress it up and some black clips to hold it in place on the left side of the dresser so it isn't so visible. I did have to run an HDMI cable and the power cord for the Wally from the tv cabinet above the window. I used a black cord cover and some clips along the edge of the window so its not so noticeable either.

Thanks for the tip.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote