Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-25-2019, 01:41 PM   #21

Congrats!!!!

I own the 2015 36REQS...BOUGHT NEW... Love it!! Trailers like a dream...only a few nusance problems I handled myself. Best of Luck!!
Widoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:41 PM   #22

Check out the Andersen hitch
RoninAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:39 PM   #23

We have a 36kpts with the residential fridge. Just returned home last week after a 16 hour drive. The fridge was still on when we got home. The batteries lasted longer than I thought they would but they must a getting a charge from the truck as well. Sure can't recommend driving that long but your fridge should be just fine fir your travel days. Good luck.
tomdeoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:47 PM   #24

Sugestions for 36FBTS

We purchased our 36FBTS new in 2016 and love it. After reading some posts on this forum, I checked the triangle shaped metal outrigger supports under the kitchen slide and found the one under the heavy residential fridge bent. Dealer welded stiffeners under warranty. Perhaps this is fixed in the newer FBTS.
Owner upgrades: 1. Dumped the stock tires and had the dealer put on Goodyear 614G tires. Not cheap but last and can handle the loads.
2. Installed a blade shut off valve at the end of the drain dump pipe. The FBTS has a long drain pipe that takes waste from mulitple tanks. I don't like unpleasant surprises when I remove the drain cap and the blade valve solves this. 3. Upgraded battery to two 6v Trojans that easily handle the residential fridge during long trips. Heading out tomorrow for our last camping of the season!
Carnation, Washington
Dogrunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:47 AM   #25

So I cant say anything to the pinnacle. I have the north point. But I can tell you to spend a few $ and upgrade your batteries. I actually worked a deal with my dealer that gave me retail return price on the 2 12 volt batteries that come with the north point and I paid wholesaler for 4 6volt batteries. Worth the upgrade. My fridge runs for 12 to 18 hour no problem. Also make sure if your new RV is winterized (most come from the factory that way) that you flush the water system before turning on the water to the fridge. Then flush that for 20 mins or so before you install the water filter in the fridge. If the filter is already in then pull it out then flush then reinstall. The rv antifreeze will mess up that filter then you will me like me and have to replace it before you drink your first cup of water... I'm just sayin
Mad5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:26 PM   #26

I traded my 2013 Columbus 320RS on a 2018 Pinnacle 38FLWS back in April. Other than little things it's been great. Don't expect much from Jaco when it comes to warranty but if you have component problems the manufacture of the components are usually very willing to help. Welcome to the family.
1993 Wilderness (sold)

2016 GMC Sierra SLT 2500 HD
Pinnacle Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #27

2017 Pinnacle FBTS

Congrats on the new unit. We have the 2017 FBTS and love it. We have been full timing since April 2017. The water valve for the ice maker is located under the drawer under the oven. Just remove the drawer. The plug is there as well. The original inverter ONLY powered the fridge and nothing else. It was only 1000 watt/15 amp and modified sine wave. I recently upgraded to 4 lithium batteries, 200 watts of solar and wired the AC output from the inverter to the rig PDU so now we have 110 to everything. Works great!! Make sure to have the walk through person take all the time you need. Let me know if you have any questions.
kliney1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:58 AM   #28

I will have to chat more with you. I am putting a 170w Zamp panel on the roof and will be interested eventually how you exactly changed your power over.

Where is the Inventor located?

Am having Dish installed on the property so is there a special connection point that will send independent Dish signal to all 3 TV’s?

We had the 5W dropped off and never got a walk through so we are working through all the items ourselves.
Winnabego Adventurer
Coachman Mirada
Jayco Pinnacle 5W
Motorhommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #29

Our inverter was located on the ceiling of the basement inside the driver side door closest to the front wall. Close to the batteries in the front compartment. I relocated the 4 lithium batteries into the basement and mounted the new inverter in the front compartment top shelf.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:59 PM   #30

The cable/sat connections are on the water supply panel on the top right. When hooked to cable it goes to all 3 TV's.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:03 PM   #31

Leaving the Pinnacle up in eastern Wa for winter

I will leave the power on in our park as it is inexpensive but I am wondering:

1)with a surge protector at the shore power and power on to keep batteries charged OR should I unplug ?

2)is it necessary to bring in the slide outs (2-3 feet of snow) OR retract them all?

How tough are these new 2020 Pinnacles?
Motorhommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:34 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhommie View Post
I will leave the power on in our park as it is inexpensive but I am wondering: 1)with a surge protector at the shore power and power on to keep batteries charged OR should I unplug ? 2)is it necessary to bring in the slide outs (2-3 feet of snow) OR retract them all? How tough are these new 2020 Pinnacles?
1. I would definitely leave it plugged in.

2. RETRACT them all!!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #33

I have the 35SSWS Pinnicle 2019 and plan on retracting All slides but keep it plugged in. Live in PA to much snow to leave slides out. I will be winterizing the unit after our Mid November trip.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 10:12 AM   #34

I think I have same problem with washer/dryer closet. I have a 2020 same model as you. Carpet wet under spicket area behind them. Don’t know how to get shelving off and panel to get into wall. You said inner shelves and panel off but I was thinking shelves behind cabinet and panel behind spickets? Was your leak where the hoses connect to spickets up top? I’m in a jam. I wish I could talk to you about how to get the shelves and panel off
August43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 10:44 AM   #35

Welcome to the forum!
Our 32rlts pinnacle had a leak that wet the carpet in the W/D area, it was a loose nut on the cold line at the faucet base. If it's leaking there, pop the plastic trim off the box and you might be able lift it enough to get a pair of channel lock pliers on the fittings.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 12:40 PM   #36

W/D closet leak

Thanks for responding. I got the inner cabinet shelves out, pulled front panel back as far as I could without stressing the pex elbows on the floor. It looks dry back there and along the hoses coming down from spikets. At first the hot side was wet at very top, but now nothing wet there, maybe just condensation? That plumbing is at very front of camper, about 5 feet from start of basement, so there’s no other plumbing in that area. There’s a step up into the closet and next to the WD closet. First 3 inches away and 3 inches up is wet. Baffled
Old 01-14-2024, 02:19 PM   #37

Some of our PEX fittings will start dripping around 50psi, if you don't have one I'd reccomend getting an adjustable regulator set below 45 psi.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 03:55 PM   #38

Ok thank you. I do have an adjustable regulator and will do as you suggest
Old 01-15-2024, 10:50 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Some of our PEX fittings will start dripping around 50psi, if you don't have one I'd reccomend getting an adjustable regulator set below 45 psi.
My guess its the flex hoses that leak. The fittings rv manufacturers use are incorrect for flex hoses

billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote