Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-21-2020, 11:06 PM   #1

Question 2020 Pinnacle 36FBTS drinking water system

The DW and I are looking at a 2020 36FBTS. The dealer says the drinking water system not only give you the bottled water at the sink, but feeds the refrigerator and ice maker too. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.
Textman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:15 AM   #2

Yes, it is true. It is part of the "Luxury Package", listed as mandatory on the Pinnacle line. We recently purchased a 2020 Pinnacle 36KPTS and our unit has it, however the dealer we purchased from had some early 2020 models on the lot that did not have this option. If the unit you are looking at has a fresh water dispenser in the kitchen sink area then it has this feature and it feeds the sink dispenser and the fridge/ice maker. A 5 gallon water bottle in the basement is the water source for the system and includes a strap to hold the bottle in place while towing. The pump for the system on our unit is mounted in the kitchen island and is rather noisy so check that during your PDI and have the dealer try to deaden the noise is possible. We didn't realize how loud it was until we ran it while parked at our house so I'll be addressing that issue myself before too long.
20 Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:49 AM   #3

Thank you for the reply. That is kinda of cool. Do you like your unit so far? Any major issues or others things to ask the dealer about?
Old 01-22-2020, 09:56 AM   #4

Glad to help. We love our unit but just brought it home right before Christmas, haven't taken it out on its maiden voyage yet to discover any issues. Plan to do that in a couple of weeks. No major issues to ask about that I'm aware of but maybe other Pinnacle owners will chime in and give some good tips. Bring a notepad for your PDI or New Owner Orientation so you can take notes.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:45 PM   #5

Thank you
Old 01-22-2020, 03:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 Penny View Post
Glad to help. We love our unit but just brought it home right before Christmas, haven't taken it out on its maiden voyage yet to discover any issues. Plan to do that in a couple of weeks. No major issues to ask about that I'm aware of but maybe other Pinnacle owners will chime in and give some good tips. Bring a notepad for your PDI or New Owner Orientation so you can take notes.
Congrats on the new rig. We spent the first night in ours Christmas Eve a year ago and are settling in nicely. Most issues were self inflicted and/or related to inexperience.

As for the new fangled drinking water system, I'd have dealer put a Y-valve and selector switch in the basement and strap in a box of chardonnay and Merlot. At least that way the water pump would not be as annoying.

Really, though, good luck with the new rig and enjoy. Ours is making a fine home for us.
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:13 PM   #7

TEXTMAN, congrats on the new FBTS. We’re full timing in ours and love it.

JOAN617, Simply brilliant! That angled cabinet at the end of the island in our 2019 may finally have an efficient purpose.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:19 PM   #8

Now I have my first mod to the unit... LOL
We have not pulled the trigger yet, but we are leaning hard toward it.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:55 PM   #9

Pinnacle drinking water system

We have had our 2020 36FBTS for about 4 months. Love it!

But........We are having trouble with the drinking water system. It is noisy when the pump is operating, but it does not consistently operate. When we see ice is low we pull out the trashcan in the island so we can access the pump, and most often there is a red flashing light on it that must be reset by cycling the on-off button, then the pump operates. We have to go through this process every time we need water from the system.

What am I doing wrong? I would have thought that the pump would operate any time there was a demand (drinking water tap at the sink, in the reefer, or ice maker has dumped). Not so much.........
ewattam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:33 PM   #10

We have a 2019 36FBTS that we bought in August 2019. We have not spent that many nights in it yet, not as many as we would like. Started the 2020 season in the shop for warranty issues with delays due to covid and when we finally got it everything was either shutdown or restricted. Jayco has stepped up and is addressing our issues. We love the floorplan and looking forward to getting out and using it in 2021. Good luck in your search and if you decide to purchase make sure you do a thorough inspection before you sign the dotted line.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:49 AM   #11

We just brought home a Pinnacle 32rlts. Drinking water is fine, but we can't get water to the icemaker. The icemaker is turned on. Is there something else we should know?
CoraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoraS View Post
We just brought home a Pinnacle 32rlts. Drinking water is fine, but we can't get water to the icemaker. The icemaker is turned on. Is there something else we should know?
There may be a dedicated line just for the ice maker.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:17 AM   #13

There is a line for the faucet on the counter & one for the icemaker. Our frig doesn't have drinking water in the door only the ice maker in the freezer. We have a residential 4 door whirlpool.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:30 AM   #14

We have a 36KPTS and there is a shutoff valve in the bottom cabinet nearest the fridge. There is an access panel at the back of the cabinet that we have to remove to get to the valve. Have you checked the lower cabinets nearest the fridge?

Also, it will take 6 - 8 hours for the first batch of ice to drop so be mindful of that.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:52 AM   #15

We have drawers next to the frig. I can see the line but no valve. I checked behind the panel in the cupboards on the left side of the stove and again just the water line. I know it takes time to make cubes, but I never heard the water pump go on when I turned the ice maker on.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:56 AM   #16

If I were to order a new Pinnacle it would be conditioned on them eliminating that "drinking water system". To me in looks like a big PITA!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
If I were to order a new Pinnacle it would be conditioned on them eliminating that "drinking water system". To me in looks like a big PITA!!
We really like ours but the pump is super loud. Haven't been able to find a way to deaden the noise.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoraS View Post
We have drawers next to the frig. I can see the line but no valve. I checked behind the panel in the cupboards on the left side of the stove and again just the water line. I know it takes time to make cubes, but I never heard the water pump go on when I turned the ice maker on.
Do you have an access door on the outside of your 32RLTS right behind the fridge? Our 36KPTS has a door there for easy access to the back of the fridge. If your unit has that door, open it and see if the valve is back there.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:19 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 Penny View Post
We really like ours but the pump is super loud. Haven't been able to find a way to deaden the noise.
Look in the mod section, I feel like it was a year ago when I saw the post. I think someone moved the pump and water jug??? into the cargo hold under the island. I believe the pump was mounted right above the jug. They added a some items to help secure the jug too.

Pending on the pump and it's mount, look at what others have done to silence their onboard water pump. Links like carpet, mouse pads, etc. Wrapped the leading and exit tubes with foam insulation so it does not vibrate on items it contacts. Maybe even consider a small accumulator. This keeps the pump from turning on every time you draw water.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:27 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Look in the mod section, I feel like it was a year ago when I saw the post. I think someone moved the pump and water jug??? into the cargo hold under the island...
Thank you! I will certainly check into that. I put a mouse pad under the pump but didn't really notice any sound reduction.