Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
BJC

2020 Pinnacle Ice Maker Issue

Appreciate all of the knowledge on here but my google searches have been exhausted. Have a new 2020 pinnacle and not getting water to the ice maker. Found the valve under the drawers next to the stove that only goes 1/4 turn and turned it on. However there isn’t any water coming to this valve. Traced the feeder line under the slide and into the frame where it disappears into the floor section under the rear living room. Removed the access panels on the front storage where the water gang panel is and hot water heater but no second valve that I can find yet. Anyone have any suggestions on where and if there is a second valve for the main line feeding the water valve?

Thanks
BJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:01 PM   #2

Are you able to get water from the water dispenser?
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:26 PM   #3
BJC

Are you referring to the one that pulls from the bottle? It has what appears to be a separate 1/4 line and it’s own pump under the sink. I did get it working (sorta) but it’s got an air leak somewhere as it won’t completely pressurize. It will pump water however but the pump eventually shuts down. I originally thought they might be connected but it appears they are separate given there’s a single 1/4” line coming into the pump and then exiting the pump to the water tap. I am getting water through all faucets and the shower but nothing to the ice maker or it’s valve.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:04 PM   #4
BJC

Well, the post from Stingray 75 got me thinking perhaps there’s more then I can see. I removed the back panel (3 screws) in the center island where the trash bin goes and sure enough there was indeed an area whereby the 1/4” line tees off and went to a second valve which lead to the ice maker. It was not only in the off position but it was leaking as well. So for anyone that cares to spend less then a day figuring this out there are two valves.... 1st was behind the drawers between the stove and the refrigerator, the second behind the false wall in the trash bin area. BTW, the pump for the bottle system is also there is anyone else has troubles finding it. Problem solved and truly hope this helps others from the arduous search and frustration I just went through I’d post pictures if I knew how to do it or if anyone can educate me. Thanks much!
Old 11-27-2019, 05:06 PM   #5

I don’t have a pinnacle but on my north point there is one under the sink also, on the left side behind a partial panel, I heard it was a pain to get to but I’ve never used mine. Hope that makes sense.

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:06 PM   #6

There is a second valve under your kitchen sink to the left in the island. It has a false wall. Easily taken down. You will see if close to the floor. Hope this helps
Old 11-27-2019, 05:38 PM   #7

My 2019 Eagle has the second valve behind the drawer that is to the left of the sink in the island. Open the drawer and look up from the cabinet doors under the sink. Good luck.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:24 PM   #8

Happy you found the secret. Ours has one valve behind the drawer under the stove. There is a valve behind a panel under the sink in the island but it’s for the dishwasher option which we don’t have. So many stories suggesting plumbing routing is variable dependent on the crew working the day any given trailer is built.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote