Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2021, 07:46 PM   #1

2020 Pinnecle

Within 6 months our back AC quit. The RV repairman is working with COLEMAN to rectify it. The repairman has been out THREE times changing out part on the unit as well as the controller on the wall and replacing the wiring at Coleman’s request rather than just sending out a new AC unit. I am still waiting now for a FOURTH visit for him to replace the part on the unit (that he already did) to get one from the Coleman factory!

I guess that if that doesn’t work maybe then they will send a new AC unit. After 4 trip charges and labor hours that they will be billed for it might have been cheaper to have just sent a new unit out!

We are in Eastern WA and on our 89-91 degree days we can only get temps inside to 83-87 degrees!

The forward heat pump work but it’s AC part can not keep up with the hot temperatures as that rear unit needs to work to allow the unit to cool down.

I understand that on any given day with both systems working you can only expect 20 degrees less than the outside ambient air. Sure hope this gets fixed fast on our $92k 5W!
Motorhommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:25 PM   #2

I hear you, our front AC blew after 7 months...had to hibernate in the back bedroom with all the RV window shades pulled down throughout the RV when we were in there...was lucky to be able to get to the dealer before we went
full time ... took four months to get the AC and another month for dealer to
install...all under warranty though...lot of AC parts are scarce like other things ... fingers crossed that both ACs hold on while we are in the 104 degree temps
in mid CA...
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac failure, coleman