Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2021, 02:57 PM   #1

2021 25REOK 5th wheel leveler, brakes, pantry door issues

I recently purchased a 2021 25REOK Jayco fifth wheel that will be going in for warranty service next week. I am wanting to know if there are others experiencing any of the issues that I have in order to be better informed when I take my RV in for service.

1. The brakes keep blowing fuses. First they blew a fuse in the GMC truck controller and now there seems to be another fuse somewhere in the trailer since the truck fuse is good but the brakes are not working. I believe this is a problem from the factory and not with my truck. I'm thinking hot wire going to ground or something like that but installed improperly at the factory. The truck has towed my last 5th wheel for 25k miles without problem.

2. The auto leveler will not initiate after I disconnect. I can raise and lower the feet using the arrow buttons but the auto level function from the keypad won't work. I discovered that if I initiate it from the iphone app, it will work and the auto level will even work from the keypad if I first do it from the iphone app. Again, this is a problem from day one. It has never worked properly. This is not an operator problem. I had a different version of the same leveling system in our last trailer.

3. The large pantry door which has built in cabinets and the TV mounted on it is sprung. That is, when it is closed, it is tight to the frame at the bottom and an inch and a half out at the top of the door. It can be forced to close although the magnetic catches have been stripped out from their mounts. I am thinking it should get a new door but the service department may think they can fix it or possibly just say this is normal.

Any experience or advice is welcome on these issues. I am most interested in real direct knowledge and not speculation. I am a long time RV owner and have worked on my own RVs for 40 years.

Thank you!
lsugarbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:06 PM   #2

There are no fuses for the brakes other than the tow-vehicle. Sounds like a loose wire that was grounding out. Look behind each wheel and see if anything is disconnected since they are daisy-chained. Could also be in the junction box in the gooseneck.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:30 PM   #3

I will be following as we just picked up our 25.5reok 5 days ago. Drove it home 400 miles with now issues. We are using a Anderson hitch.
We have it all winterized and ready for upcoming snow event. Getting a cover tomorrow.
Been in and out of the pantry today and haven't seen any issues with the door. Only issue we are trying to figure out is when we turn the heater on the fan kicks on and blows cold air. So if you have any input that would be great.
Eileen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, leveling system, pantry door