Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2021, 11:21 PM   #1

2021 29.5 BHDS slide out flexing wall

Noticed a couple times now that the main slideout seems to be catching a little bit on the top of the slideout to the bottom of the wall above the slideout causing the wall to bow slightly before it releases. This only happens when initially running the slideout out from the closed position. It doesn’t do this all of the time. The unit is auto leveled prior to running any slides in or out.

I’m thinking the slideout is just sitting slightly too high in the opening. If you look at the molding on the slide box Cs the rest of the trailer outside, the slide does appear to be a fair amount higher. I looked at the slide adjustments and there are marks drawn where the factory set them and they are still lined up with those. It seems like I need to lower that slide box slightly using the vertical adjustments. I was thinking of starting with being the slide box down a 1/4” and see if that takes care of it. Does my thinking sound right to you folks?

Thanks
Loomis077 is offline   Reply With Quote