Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2020, 11:34 AM   #1

2021 Jayco Eagle 28.5 RSTS vs. 30.5MLOK

We are looking at these two Jayco models. Our local dealer supposed to get them in this week. These are marketed as a couple’s fiver but it will be used for me, my wife, and our two teenagers. I was curious about the amount of wardrobe space in these two models. There is only one wardrobe cabinet and dresser in the bedroom. The 28.5 has potential wardrobe space in the living area. I like the fact that you can get a bigger refrigerator on the 30.5 mlok and it isn’t on a slide out. I am really wanting to get a fifth wheel under 35’.

We used to have a 2013 Forest River Palomino Sabre with 4 slideouts and the bunkhouse design. It was around 43’ long when you included in the factory installed bike/stowage rack. It was easy to pull but sometimes a challenge to park at a busy campground with trees.

I just sold my Merhow 3 horse trailer with 15 ft living quarters that checked in at 40’ and a weight of around 14,000 plus pounds when pulling two horse, hay and all our gear.

I just want something smaller that easy to park and set up. My kids are 13 and 15 so a rear living room is desirable as they won’t be camping with us forever.

Thanks for any input.

Brian
Radcolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:33 PM   #2

The 30.5 MLOK is a rear kitchen model just so you know. We have that model and and love it but it's only 2 of us most of the time.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #3

We were torn between the 28.5 rsts and the 30.5 ckts.. We got the 28.5, and love it, but would have liked to have the little coffee bar that comes with the 30.5 CKTS. Plus you get windows on you camp site side with the 30.5. Add the bigger fridge, and it's just the better choice.
We never considered the mlok, the extra bedroom takes up too much space, we don't expect to have guests, and if we do, we'll put them on the foldout sofa.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:02 PM   #4

I can see now that there are 3- 30.5 models. I mixed up the mlok and mbok, but it is the ckts that we really wish we got. Check the TV viewing angle. To us, it's much better if it's straight in front of you- not at an angle..
Old 07-12-2020, 08:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
I can see now that there are 3- 30.5 models. I mixed up the mlok and mbok, but it is the ckts that we really wish we got. Check the TV viewing angle. To us, it's much better if it's straight in front of you- not at an angle..

I like the floor plan of the ckts, but my wife likes the outdoor kitchen. Our Sabre had a sink, microwave, two burner stove, mini refrigerator, and cabinets. The Jayco looks like it has a much smaller kitchen. I am hoping when we look at them this week she will dump the idea of having to have an outdoor kitchen.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:43 PM   #6

I forgot about the outdoor kitchen. We rarely use it, usually just extra water and pop that won't fit in the inside fridge. (We wouldn't need that with the bigger fridge in the 30.5.) The grill they give you is not very useful, we use a portable gas grill.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:39 PM   #7

Check with your dealer but I think the 28.5RSTS will be replaced in 2021 with the 27RS. At least that's what my dealer told me last week when we ordered the 27RS. The 27RS is identical except there is no more wardrobe slide and no outside kitchen, just exterior storage.
02camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02camp View Post
Check with your dealer but I think the 28.5RSTS will be replaced in 2021 with the 27RS. At least that's what my dealer told me last week when we ordered the 27RS. The 27RS is identical except there is no more wardrobe slide and no outside kitchen, just exterior storage.
The salesman called me today and said that they sold the 2021 28.5RSTS and 30.5MLOK that they got in last week this past weekend. It sounds like the 27RS is a new floor plan. I see other dealers on RV trader with 2021 28.5 RSTS for sale.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radcolt View Post
We are looking at these two Jayco models. Our local dealer supposed to get them in this week. These are marketed as a couple’s fiver but it will be used for me, my wife, and our two teenagers. I was curious about the amount of wardrobe space in these two models. There is only one wardrobe cabinet and dresser in the bedroom. The 28.5 has potential wardrobe space in the living area. I like the fact that you can get a bigger refrigerator on the 30.5 mlok and it isn’t on a slide out. I am really wanting to get a fifth wheel under 35’.

We used to have a 2013 Forest River Palomino Sabre with 4 slideouts and the bunkhouse design. It was around 43’ long when you included in the factory installed bike/stowage rack. It was easy to pull but sometimes a challenge to park at a busy campground with trees.

I just sold my Merhow 3 horse trailer with 15 ft living quarters that checked in at 40’ and a weight of around 14,000 plus pounds when pulling two horse, hay and all our gear.

I just want something smaller that easy to park and set up. My kids are 13 and 15 so a rear living room is desirable as they won’t be camping with us forever.

Thanks for any input.

Brian
We have the 30.5MLOK, which we love but... Definitely a couples RV, there is only a pull out couch, and no way 2 people (adult size) could sleep on it. Good luck!
Reese Goosebox
Pammac36 is offline   Reply With Quote