Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-21-2022, 06:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
ax·el
/ˈaksəl/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a jump in skating with a forward takeoff from the forward outside edge of one skate to the backward outside edge of the other, with one and a half turns in the air.

Definition of axle
1a: a pin or shaft on or with which a wheel or pair of wheels revolves

I thinking you are joking? Axel vs. Axle, Breaks vs. Brakes, lots of misspellings on here. I'm sure most folks really get the meaning of the posts, and don't care.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 07:30 PM   #22
Site Team

Also the name of my neighbor. Just sayin'...

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:05 PM   #23

We needed a new axle for our 2020 Pinnacle and purchased it from Dexter Parts Online
out of Greenville SC. back in July. D70 7K EZ-Lube Beam $475.23. Installed it ourselves.
864-263-3170. It actually was sent from Utah.
Kelldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:50 PM   #24

Kelldog, why did your axle need replacement?
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:07 PM   #25

Our RR wheel broke off axle going 62 mph on I95. Wheel and tire were still intact, luckily
no one was injured. I’m thinking it must have been a failed bearing even though we had
the bearings repacked 6 months prior. We also had it weighed prior to this and all was within
limits. Jayco and Dexter offered us a new axle but delivery time was 4-6 weeks and I already had new axle ordered and received it within 10 days.
Kelldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 08:23 PM   #26

Taking my 2021 NP310RLTS in for uneven tire wear in 1 week. Driver side front tire bald on the inside 2 inches at 10,000 miles, all other tires have even wear. I am hoping they cover the problem. 1 year of warranty left.
jjshryock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 02:53 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelldog View Post
Jayco and Dexter offered us a new axle but delivery time was 4-6 weeks and I already had new axle ordered and received it within 10 days.

To me, this is most aggravating- Try to get warranty parts and it takes WEEKS. Then the dealership has to schedule you in for install... Went through this too many times in our 2 year warranty. Order them yourself and you get them in about 1 week. Our bad entry door, axle, hydraulic pump, and now kitchen slide system rebuild parts (which finally just came in 6 weeks later and are available on lippert's website for immediate shipping) all took 6 weeks to arrive, all different times over our 2 year warranty. 24 weeks just waiting for parts total....
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
Old 10-12-2022, 12:49 PM   #28

Jayco installed 6000 pound axles on my 2015 36KPTS. I called Dexter and they said they would not warrenty them if the weight exceeded the stated capacity. I called Kayco with this information and the checked their records and admitted they installed the wrong ones and sent new axels to the shop of my choice. I discovered this after having a blowout and inspecting the under carriage. The 7000 pound replacement are still light in my opinion but I have had no issues so far.
Jack 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 10:06 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsparks View Post
I believe that Jayco has calculated the saving from cutting axle costs is cheaper than paying for the litigation on underrated axles. The trailer I have is rated at 16,750 lbs. That's 2750 lbs over the 14k of axle ratings. I understand that some of the weight sits on the pin but during turns and over bumps the weight shifts.

Some weight analysis I completed on my camper that the manufacturer is not considering correctly. They are selling features that the camper is not equipped to handle.

Also a note about the published weights of the trailer from Jayco's site. It doesn't include any of the normal weights that the camper is designed to hold.

The dry (empty) weight is listed as : 14040 lbs

Added standard weights of designed/engineered camper standard/addons
600 lbs - 75 of fresh tank
696 lbs - 87 gallons of gray tanks
400 lbs -50 gallons of black tank
80 lbs -10 gallons of hot water
40 lbs - 5 gallon drinking water tank in storage bay
125 lbs - qty 2 batteries to run residential fridge
216 lbs - qty 3 - 40 lb full propane tanks (with Gen prep pkg)
279 lbs - cummins onan 5500 lp generator
153 lbs - splendide 2100 washer/dryer combo
50 lbs - outside TV addon

So without any storage I'm at 16,679 lbs if my tanks are full

That would leave me with 75 lbs of cargo That doesn't include any camping accessories and tools stored in the basement, food in both the residential fridge and outdoor kitchen fridge, food stored away in the included food pantry, clothing for 9 people that its rated to go camping in, and cleaning supplies to go along with the washer and dryer. My main point here is that the camper was designed with lots of features that it wasn't actually engineered to hold legally.
Holly smokes! I better double check my 2022 Jayco 310 NP.
Thanks for the info
Ceimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 06:56 AM   #30

Under normal circumstances one wouldn't have all 3 tanks full at the same time.
If you're dry camping only the fresh is full so normally it empties into the black and grey and then it's near empty.
Sometimes at elec/water only you'll fill the grey and black but usually the black's not ever close to full.
So the 1700lbs of tanks capacity is rarely ever reached. It's also not something thats carried 100% of the time when traveling.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 09:43 PM   #31

Update on my 1 year old 2021 310rlts
Jayco is replacing the front axle this week, hoping they at least pro rate the $300 bald tire also. I've had 3 new travel trailers in the past and never returned any units for warranty work. This is the 3rd time in shop for this fifth wheel with the vast majority of defects being components from other manufactures, like this Dexter axle.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:09 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjshryock View Post
Update on my 1 year old 2021 310rlts
Jayco is replacing the front axle this week, hoping they at least pro rate the $300 bald tire also. I've had 3 new travel trailers in the past and never returned any units for warranty work. This is the 3rd time in shop for this fifth wheel with the vast majority of defects being components from other manufactures, like this Dexter axle.
I've had 3 travel trailers and one 5th wheel. The 1st TT I didn't have long enough to notice any bad tire wear. The next 3 all had different brands of axles.
Lippert, AL-CO and Dexter. All developed tire wear and needed aligned.
All pre Covid for what thats worth.
You'd have to pay me to buy a new RV today. Before Covid they were still sketchy. Now they're sketchy and grossly overpriced even with 25-30% off.
$75,500 MSRP for the shortest Eagle HT? Even with 25-30% off MSRP you're basically buying the same RV from 3 years ago and paying the 3 years ago MSRP.
The price of materials has skyrocketed but the quality has diminished.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 01:16 PM   #33

2021 NP 310 RLTS Axle problem

Jayco covered the axle install at the dealership but is refusing the tire cost. This tire should have been at least pro-rated, I'll be contacting Jayco next week. 10,000 miles and bald tire from bad axle should be compensated in my opinion.
Old 01-22-2023, 03:22 PM   #34

See post #16, I don't know who exactly covered my 2 tires but they were warranty replaced no charge.
Old 01-23-2023, 01:28 PM   #35

I asked the dealers tech at RV One about this issue.
He mention if the trailer is not towed level (hitch high) the rear axle is not designed to handle that extra weight. A level rig is important.
Ceimo is offline   Reply With Quote