Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-27-2021, 10:08 AM   #1

2021 NP 310rlts fresh water tank

I want to drain fresh water tank and sanitize. There are 3 low point drains on this unit. There’s a drain on passenger side rear that says low point drain, but this one is pull cable operated and looks like that’s where the fresh tank is located. Is this the main drain for tank? Are the 2 other drains for the inside plumbing. Do you open all of the low point drains to empty fresh water tank to sanitize? Lots of questions but want to get it right. Thanks for any feedback.
Lov2run1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:38 AM   #2

Not familiar with your model but usually there is a low point drain under the water tank and two more (hot and cold) somewhere else. Usually near the pump, water heater, etc.

My sanitize routine is, fill about half way, add chlorine bleach, fill to top. Let set a couple hours or more. Use pump to run chlorine treated water through hot and cold taps and let set some more time. Then drain and flush tank. Then with clean water in tank ( few gallons) run pump to flush water out of lines, taps, etc.

I do not put chlorine water into hot water heater and keep it shut off, empty and with diversion valves in off position during sanitizing. I do flush with city water connection and drain before filling for use or leaving on a trip and at end of season.

Several you tubes out there on both sanitizing and how your system works.
We carry gallon jugs of water for cooking and drinking. Our tanks are for washing and flushing only.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote