Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-01-2023, 04:55 PM   #1

2022 Jayco 310RLTS - poor slide water supply line design

Has anybody experienced kinking of the waterline under the kitchen slide that holds the refrigerator? I recently noticed a waterline kinked in two spots under the kitchen slide. I saw this as a future problem in the making. A white potable waterline exits through the driver side frame rail, and was zip tied from the factory on a scissor arm that supports the lower fairing of that slide. However, the design is susceptible to failure as in my case the waterline wraps around the outer side of the scissor arm elbow when the slide is retracted stretching the hose and creates two kinked spots as it stretches to the shape of the scissor arm elbow joint. once extended it leaves two very noticeable kinks in the waterline. In the extreme temperature drops we have had this year, I am also not sure how this exposed hose could continue to function even with the extreme weather package that my unit has due to the hose being exposed and not insulated. I also do not know what this water line supplies as the ends are concealed withing the slide floor or through the frame.
Jayco Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 05:38 PM   #2

I added more zip ties along the arm...no problems now with kinks

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 06:22 PM   #3

I used a heat gun to make the hose pliable so I could smooth out the kinks and then split a heater hose to provide extra protection for the waterline zip tying over the waterline in place. Then fashioned a pedestal out of a fiberglass rail and zip tied that to the top of the scissor elbow over the electric line and laid the waterline on top so it cannot fall back in place. Didn't like just the zip ties as the line was tight already without the additional ties.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:16 PM   #4

Yep about everyone has probably experienced the hose kicking on the big slide.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 07:40 PM   #5

2022 Jayco 310RLTS - poor slide water supply line design

Mine kinked early on. Eventually sprung a leak. Did a couple road repairs with spliced in hose and gorilla tape. Dealer replaced it last winter. I generally kept it isolated from the water during the winter months so I didn’t have to deal with it freezing or continuously re-winterizing the fridge and that line.

We don’t use it now, as it just creates a water feature at the back of the fridge which I can’t pull out to fix. So, bottled water and a bag of ice for the ice maker.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:11 PM   #6

I don't use my icemaker, but have had my RV fridge gas line kink, everytime the slide was retracted the kink shut off gas to the fridge. Cut a few zip ties, add a few others to minimize the bend and it's been fine. The waterline hose was also obviously kinked but is not used.
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:31 PM   #7

I purchased my 310 RLTS new in May 2022, and never got out on road yet to start full timing. Its a little concerning that it was kinked from the manufacturer. So this waterline supplies the ice maker? And where does it originate from if anyone knows?
Old 01-04-2023, 07:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco Rider View Post
I purchased my 310 RLTS new in May 2022, and never got out on road yet to start full timing. Its a little concerning that it was kinked from the manufacturer. So this waterline supplies the ice maker? And where does it originate from if anyone knows?

If your unit is similar to my Pinnacle and it has the drinking water setup with the 5 gallon jug in the basement, that's likely your icemaker water supply. Mine has a 12vdc pump insde the island that is plugged into a 120vac power adapter. Not good for off grid.

There may be 2 shutoff valves, 1 under the island and a shutoff behind a pull out drawer in the slide next to the fridge.
We never use the drinking water / icemaker system. IMHO it's not worth the hassles, the pump is noisy, and if you dry camp the pump won't run as wired into 120vac from the factory. Then there's winterization...
Old 01-04-2023, 07:59 AM   #9

my pump is on 12 volts...what year do you have?...it would be great if that info was in your signature.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:12 AM   #10

2020 32RLTS Pinnacle.

Android phone evidently does not display signature?? I see none from other posts on my phone, and the check mark for " show your signature" is checked when I post. Can any moderators explain?