Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2022, 06:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejmasjr View Post
... once I get the tone generator on it, you can believe that's one of the first places I'm looking.....
If you find it, please post a picture of where you found it and how you wired in a switch. I suspect many are interested in your outcome.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 05:57 AM   #22

Seeing your trailer, not your car genius.
Old 12-22-2022, 08:36 AM   #23

yea Stan that was kind a my plan. But it's -11 with WC of -45 today, so not much will be happening anytime soon..... Just trying to stay warm for now, and still hoping for suggestions I haven't tried.....
ejmasjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 01:16 PM   #24

Smile Update solution found!

Well the weather warmed enough to drag the trailer out of storage and resume the search for the phantom wire to power the rear camera. The renewed search was brought on after I decided to give in and just run the cameras with the tow vehicle lights on. This was great idea until none of the cameras would pair with the monitor. That turned out to be a completely different issue that is fuel for another post to be made soon.
Anyway the Jayco information as you may recall stated the wire was dead-ended behind the bedroom light switch. But since this is equipped with Jay Command, there is no switch or thermostat in the bedroom. Just a sensor for the module to control the AC. I pulled out the sensor and using a wire tracer that was recommended by several in the forum, did get a faint signal from the tracer. Using a hook made from bailing wire, I was able to grab the wire and pull it out the sensor hole (see 1st photo). This solved the wire issue but didn't answer the question of where the 12volt supply was. Again no switch, so why would there be a wire? After removing the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, the rest of the wires were located through the access for the cabinet lighting, (see 2nd photo). Switch installed and rear camera is now functional without the use of the tail lights. The side cameras turned out to be a different issue I will cover in a different post.
Thanks to all that offered suggestions/ideas.....
Attached Thumbnails
20230305_122727.jpg   20230305_122740.jpg  
ejmasjr is offline   Reply With Quote