Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-14-2022, 05:06 PM   #1

Angry 2022RSTS rear camera

2022RSTS factory installed Furrion vision back/up observation camera system. Dealer had running lights on during walk through and saw power light on rear camera on so know it works. Now I want to add a user switch to control the cameras. Have located an unattached orange wire at the rear camera. Read the info sheet with the instruction to do this that came with the trailer (which was the identical sheet that came with the 2020 317RLOK I had, and no trouble finding the other end of the wire) Contacted Jayco today and got schematic, shows same info. Mine has the Jay command so there is no command center/main power light switch, no light switch in the bedroom (which is where the RLOK was) or any of the other places the suggested by any documentation I have.
Anyone find the other end of this wire yet?
ejmasjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 03:46 PM   #2

I'm confused, please explain your goal. Why do you want to control the camera's power?
If it's for security monitoring, there are cheap alternatives that allow you to not only view/zoom the image (and record video), you can even hear & talk through it with your phone. The Furrion backup camera's value is pretty limited to looking out back while backing up... and your partner is probably better at saying 'STOP' than depending on what you can see from a small screen on your dash.
Please explain your goal.
I was just looking at the one's I have (made by blink) on amazon and saw some new brands that are solar powered with 360 degree pan... cool stuff. I'm not sure I want to upgrade but there's a lot of options.
How do you like your new RSTS? Is it the 321RSTS or the 31RSTS or another?
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 04:31 PM   #3

321RSTS Camera

It's simple. I had this system on my 2020 317RLOK, and liked it. I just don't want to have the lights on all the time to use the cameras while traveling. Since the provision is there to power them from a switch ( that is user installed...no prob ) rather than the running lights that's what I want. The problem is trying to locate the loose end of the factory wire provided for this purpose. If you have insight to the location, great please share. Oh and the trailer came equipped this way, as did the 2020, and the wire end was right where the instructions said it should be. This one, not so much.... doesn't have a bedroom light switch because of the Jay Command
Old 12-15-2022, 04:36 PM   #4

Oh and to answer your questions....321RSTS, brand new to us a week ago. But since it is essentially the RLOK w/o the outside kitchen, I think we will be very happy since we didn't use the outside kitchen as much as we thought we would and loved the RLOK. Besides the upgrades that are on this one in just two years..... Even if I hadn't totaled the 2020, maybe I would been in the market....
Old 12-15-2022, 06:11 PM   #5

Super. The same camper we have. We're very happy with ours. Yeah now I know better why you want the power source changed. I rarely touch my headlight controls because its on Auto, but when I tow I have to remember to manually turn on the lights so my rear camera comes on.
Sorry but I've no idea how to locate the wire near the kingpin. The running lights are pretty nice though, maybe I'd still turn 'em on anyway... LOL Add more if I find a classy method. I even added an additional break light into my rear hitch. Flashing "Stay Away" signs would be ideal.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 08:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejmasjr View Post
2022RSTS factory installed Furrion vision back/up observation camera system. Dealer had running lights on during walk through and saw power light on rear camera on so know it works. Now I want to add a user switch to control the cameras. Have located an unattached orange wire at the rear camera. Read the info sheet with the instruction to do this that came with the trailer (which was the identical sheet that came with the 2020 317RLOK I had, and no trouble finding the other end of the wire) Contacted Jayco today and got schematic, shows same info. Mine has the Jay command so there is no command center/main power light switch, no light switch in the bedroom (which is where the RLOK was) or any of the other places the suggested by any documentation I have.
Anyone find the other end of this wire yet?
If you have a bedroom thermostat, look behind that . On my 2019 that was the location of the wire and I added the switch.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 08:52 AM   #7

Thanks, but not so much. This has the Jay command and only has sensors for HVAC both front and main. Did take the BR sensor off to try and see, but the hole in the wall is barely big enough for the sensor wires.... The 2020 I had, had both t-stat and light switch in BR and sure enough that's where the wire was. The instruction sheet that came with this trailer is exactly the same sheet that was in the 2020. Wish Jayco could update the info better, as the schematics I got from them also have not changed... So I'm still holding hope someone else has found it and will share. It's really cold here in Nebraska and camping ain't happening soon, so maybe by spring
Old 12-18-2022, 09:23 AM   #8

I've had success using one of these wire tracers:
Frosty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:32 AM   #9

Thanks....forgot about that. Just haven't had to resort to that level on something this simple...ugh....
Old 12-19-2022, 06:04 AM   #10

I use a pigtail connector at the plug in the kingpin to tie the power and running light leads together when we are camping so didn’t need a switch. I do remember seeing the wire for the rear camera on the bedroom wall up high where the cable connection for the wall mounted tv is. Problem is that will only power the rear camera not the side cameras.
Old 12-19-2022, 11:33 AM   #11

Thanks, but that don't help for travel, and already checked the area by the TV for the wire....nope. As for the side cameras, I understood they are to activate only with turn signal on. Haven't been able to try that as I discovered the dealer didn't bother to check the pairing of any of the cameras so till the weather cooperates and I get it out of storage, I'm in the planning stage....
Old 12-19-2022, 12:13 PM   #12

On our 319MLOK I seem to recall it being just behind the 12 volt receptacle by the bedroom chest of drawers.
Pullrite Superglide.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 12:16 PM   #13

Your lights should be on when traveling. It makes your running lights turn on and assists others with seeing you.
bjones211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 01:43 PM   #14

Quote:
This one, not so much.... doesn't have a bedroom light switch because of the Jay Command
Looking at the floor plan on Jayco's web site, any chance that it can be coming down near the TV prep area?
Or maybe behind your bmpro tablet? (if you have one)
Attached Thumbnails
RSTS.jpg  
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 05:19 PM   #15

Added the same switch you are talking about to our 2021 Northpoint, found the wire behind the BMPro tablet after WAY too much time trying to trace it down.
Rodney27405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 07:32 AM   #16

Yeah JB have had both of them out looking....no luck
Old 12-21-2022, 07:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney27405 View Post
Added the same switch you are talking about to our 2021 Northpoint, found the wire behind the BMPro tablet after WAY too much time trying to trace it down.
Rodney, I have every access panel or cover plate off, even removed the HVAC sensor in the bedroom to try and look into the wall, but so far nothing. Purchased a tone generator, so when the weather decides to cooperate, going that direction. Unless someone comes up with a suggestion I haven't already tried.....
Old 12-21-2022, 07:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Rodney, I have every access panel or cover plate off, even removed the HVAC sensor in the bedroom to try and look into the wall, but so far nothing. Purchased a tone generator, so when the weather decides to cooperate, going that direction. Unless someone comes up with a suggestion I haven't already tried.....
Do you have the shelf/towel holder mounted over the toilet? I removed ours and there was a hole giving access to the wiring chase used to get the wires from the basement up into the roof cavity. Was able to find the wire there using a tone generator (ours was purple not orange) and figured out it was going around the corner into the cavity behind the tablet. Was driving me nuts because I couldn't find it anywhere in the basement, turns out it never went to the basement at all.
Rodney27405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 07:46 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones211 View Post
Your lights should be on when traveling. It makes your running lights turn on and assists others with seeing you.
Geez...silly me. I thought for the last 10+ years those fancy DRLs all the vehicles have are for that purpose. Didn't realize I can't be seen on a bright sunny day unless the clearance/tail lights are on!
Old 12-21-2022, 07:51 AM   #20

Rodney , there is a cover panel inside on of the kitchen cabinets that covers that hole and chase you're talking about. Had it off and tried to sort through the bundle of wires but was unable to find the one I'm looking for. However once I get the tone generator on it, you can believe that's one of the first places I'm looking.....