Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2024, 11:25 AM   #1

2024 Jayco 321RSTS Solar Charge Controller Location

I have been trying to locate the solar charge controller on our 2024 321rsts 5th wheel. I would like to upgrade the solar from the factory supplied 200 watt single panel to a minimum of 800 watts. I plan to put these panels in a series configuration, and I am pretty certain that this PWM controller will need to be replaced.

Since the solar is integrated into the "One Control" panel, there isn't any mounted digital display as was used in some of the earlier models. There seems to be no hardwired termination to the Command Panel, so I assume that it must be Bluetooth. I have looked in the forward compartment, behind the false panel in the pass-through, backside hatch door, inside the inverter prep box, behind the access panel to the Jayco Command control, and even behind the plumbing access panel, in the pass-through compartment. If you know it's location it would be greatly appreciated. ...thanks

Since posting this, I have located the solar controller. I had seen this device previously, but had passed it off as being something other than for solar. I had expected to find the controller much closer to the batteries, as I had seen in numerous other 5th wheel units. If you have the same model Jayco, this information may be of benefit to you.

The model of the controller is: GP-RVC-30-MPPT
Manufacturer: Go Power

The specs that I had seen, indicated that the controller would be a PWM, so I was surprised to find it is a MPPT. The location: ...on the ceiling of the pass-through compartment, mounted upside down, very close to the access panel for the Jay Command Controller.
RVing_Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote