Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2022, 08:17 AM   #1

25.5 reok owners what do you do

We have a 2021 25.5 reok and LOVE IT. My husband has added water to the outdoor kitchen area, a 6" PVC pipe under the trailer for our sewer hose, as we do not like using a tote, moved one of the outdoor speakers by the outdoor kitchen so they are futher apart also had to re-enforce the shelves in the pantry door.
What I'm trying to figure out is what do you store in the cupboard above the TV. I currently have our wine glasses but they end up all over the place inside. What do you put there? I would love to find something that would hold them in place. Any thoughts.
What do you store in the cupboards above the theater chairs?

Would love to hear about what you have done to your 25.5reok
Eileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:27 AM   #2

We are thinking about moving to a 5er in the next few years. I was very disappointed that Jayco has quit making the 25.5reok this year as it seems like the perfect fit for us. We like to do a lot of national parks and length matters in those sites. Are you enjoying your camper? Any regrets so far?
mimistroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:57 PM   #3

We have the same trailer and have made the following changes

Replaced the 3 step with the 4 step entry stairs. Works MUCH better.
Reinforced the bottom shelf on the pantry door as it fell out on our second trip.
Added plastic trays in the pantry doors to keep things in place.
Built (out of wood) a compartmentalized 2 inch tall insert to hold 4 wine glasses in place for the pantry door.
Added a shelf in the upper cabinet on either side of the bed.
Added shocks to the trailer
Put in a slide out tray and two batteries instead of one.
Changed the way the pantry door is secured during travel.
Changed the hinge on the upper left kitchen door so that it opens 180 degrees so that we can get to it from behind the sink.
Replaced the 42 inch TV with a 32 inch that sits inside the frame instead of on the outside of the frame (so we also now have a smart tv with all the apps).
Added slide toppers
Added middle support bracket for the awning
Added vent covers

I think that is everything we did. It travels well but we don't really use the outside kitchen. The grill is fine but we use another portable one because I think the built in one would be a pain to use. Overall, we like the trailer. It is our 6th fifth wheel. We also like the small unit for getting into National Parks and going down the road. I wish they made one that was even a couple of feet shorter.
lsugarbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 02:22 PM   #4

We love our 25.5!
So funny reading the previous poster as we have done some of the same upgrades or problems that we fixed.

Pantry bottom shelf broke, so husband fixed and then re enforced them.
The shelving above the tv. On both we added a higher board and 4" slots for each glass.
I do like their smaller tv idea.

Added clear plastic dividers in the cupboard above the theater chairs and in the back so stuff isn't flying all over.

In our closet in the bedroom I found a wire basket with a drawer that fit perfectly inside. Now have another drawer and shelf.

Husband built a oversized sewer hose pipe. 6" PVC attached under the trailer instead of a tote in the basement area. Though he puts everything in totes.

We use our outdoor kitchen. He added hot and cold faucets as we cook outside a lot when the kids are camping with us. We have found with the fridge it was one less cooler for us to pack.
We have not use the cooktop/bbq. Heard it's a nightmare to clean. So we use our own bbq.

Not sure what the bracket for the awning is for, but we had a late night rainstorm which broke our new awning. So we put the smart arm that auto dumps rain and closes when it gets too windy.

We love the size as it was what we were looking for. Needed to fit in our shop and ferry we have to use.
After raising kids and having different trailers we knew what we wanted. The pantry was BONUS. They started putting them in the 2020 trailers. Both my sisters have the same model too. Though one has a 2019 with no pantry.
we went with the theater seating over the sofa bed, they are much more comfortable. We stay in our trailer for 2 weeks a couple times a year and wanted comfort

Hope this helps and you find one. My sister found a used 2021 as the people decided they wanted a motorhome.
Eileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 07:52 AM   #5

Red face We also have a 25.5 REOK

We also have a 25.5 REOK, and we love it. Ours was a year prior to the advent of the pantry, which I regret not having one. The storage area over the tv is huge with a ton of wasted space. At this time, I have a sleeping bag and pillow in the back along with some seldom used items. In the front, just behind the doors, I have placed 2 drawer storage units with expandable curtain rods behind them to keep them from sliding. They also sit on sticky cabinet liner. On one side of that is a plastic basket holding map books, a folder for our manuals, etc. On the other side, more expandable curtain rods to keep cutting boards in place. That is the best I have come up with so far.
JVWest is offline   Reply With Quote