Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2021, 10:33 AM   #1

25.5reok

So we are moving up to a fifth wheel from a Keystone TT.
We are looking to buy a Jayco Eagle 25.5REOK this next weekend.
I haven't been able to find any information on this site in what people think about this model.
Do you like them?
I love the walkin pantry them added behind the TV.
Just wondering
Eileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 05:33 PM   #2

I was just about to start a similar thread because I just put a deposit down on a 25.5REOK and will be picking it up in a couple weeks.

I agree, they seem rare, and for us a little hard to find. I think they look like a great option for the under 30' crowd. Can't wait.

If you are not completely sold on the 25.5REOK, that pantry is even huger if you get the smaller 24RE, because it has no outdoor kitchen there. It is truly a giant pantry.
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:16 PM   #3

We did a walk through on a 24' because it was local. Also did a walk through on KZ Durango 25.
Definitely like the quality and craftmanship on the Eagle. So we found the only one in WA 4 hours away. Was able to out a deposit down for them to hold it for us. So we will pick it up Saturday.
Yes I after seeing the pantry in the 24 I loved it. But don't mind the outside kitchen as it was almost wasted space in the 24'.
Very excited we are moving up!
Old 02-01-2021, 07:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
We did a walk through on a 24' because it was local. Also did a walk through on KZ Durango 25.
Definitely like the quality and craftmanship on the Eagle. So we found the only one in WA 4 hours away. Was able to out a deposit down for them to hold it for us. So we will pick it up Saturday.
Yes I after seeing the pantry in the 24 I loved it. But don't mind the outside kitchen as it was almost wasted space in the 24'.
Very excited we are moving up!
Same EXACT process we went through (although we were mostly comparing to grand designs.

Share how the pick up and shake down goes. We won't be traveling to get it for 3 weeks, and we have to go almost 1000 miles to get there ....
Old 02-01-2021, 09:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Same EXACT process we went through (although we were mostly comparing to grand designs.

Share how the pick up and shake down goes. We won't be traveling to get it for 3 weeks, and we have to go almost 1000 miles to get there ....
Yea we were lucky as they are not many. If we ordered it from the local dealer he didn't know when we would get. Anywhere from 2 to 5 months. Plus he couldn't give us a price as it would change.
I will let you know how it goes.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:46 AM   #6

following

ordered the 24RE
Upgraded to16" tires ($500 CDN)
Have had
1 12 foot Boler - YIKS small
2. 23 foot Prowler - to old - hated the make up everyday dinette bed
3. 28 foot Ultralite - yiks crappy build material
4. 30 foot Cougar - nice but HEAVY TT - bad sway.
5. 23 foot LANCE - nice to small for a family - otherwiseOK
6. 34 foot Chaparral 5th wheel - will never go back to a TT - to big though.
7. JAYCO EAGLE HT 24RE on order - looks perfect - we will see.
XMEDIC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Yea we were lucky as they are not many. If we ordered it from the local dealer he didn't know when we would get. Anywhere from 2 to 5 months. Plus he couldn't give us a price as it would change.
I will let you know how it goes.
So we picked up our trailer last Friday. Took it back home which was about a 7 hour drive. Had to go the long way as a snow storm was coming in.
Going the first 3 hours we had a 30 knot headwind. Handled great.
We have it home all winterized and a new cover tomorrow till spring. Packed with all our stuff from our old trailer. Wow, lots of room now to figure where everything is going to go.
So we will do our first shake down in April.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:07 PM   #8

Quote:
So we picked up our trailer last Friday. Took it back home which was about a 7 hour drive. Had to go the long way as a snow storm was coming in.
Going the first 3 hours we had a 30 knot headwind. Handled great.
We have it home all winterized and a new cover tomorrow till spring. Packed with all our stuff from our old trailer. Wow, lots of room now to figure where everything is going to go.
So we will do our first shake down in April.
Thanks Eileen. What is your tow vehicle and hitch, and how did the fifth wheel sit? Level? Nose high? clearance?

Do you have 15 or 16 inch tires?
Old 02-10-2021, 11:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Thanks Eileen. What is your tow vehicle and hitch, and how did the fifth wheel sit? Level? Nose high? clearance?

Do you have 15 or 16 inch tires?
We have a 2003 Dodge 2500 Ram, Diesel with a Anderson Hitch.
15" Tires. It was a little high but we adjusted that on the hitch when we arrived home. I attached a picture before we adjusted the hitch.

[ATTACH]67961
Attached Thumbnails
0205211545_3.jpg