Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #1

27.5 RLTS ordered!

Well, after first thinking of buying a TT and rethinking that decision that I just couldn't see myself going back to a TT, my wife and I sat down yesterday and ordered a 2017 27.5 RLTS. We liked the layout but when we walked around the lot at the new one on display I almost changed my mind. The a/c seemed noisier than others I had listened to in the Jayco line. Also the switch panel had a light on it that said the pump was running, and sure enough it was running and you could not shut it off without turning off the main battery switch. So, part of the noise we were hearing was the pump pumping away with no water in the system. I hope they fix that for the person who buys that one. Also when I looked under the rv, the cover on the bottom was pushed in like it had run over something, don't know if anything under that was damaged or not. Boy QC or delivery people were a bit off on that one.
Anyway, now we wait for 6 to 8 to whatever weeks until the new rig gets built and shipped to Florida. By then it should be so hot we will wait for fall to go camping. I plan to buy a cover for the summer to help keep it clean for one, but also to preserve the decals and awning.
I am excited that we are going to get a new rig, a bit concerned about the quality of the build, and a bit sorry to see my Cedar Creek go after 9 years of happy camping. It was just getting old and 37 ft was more that I wanted to handle anymore.
Like to hear from other 27.5RLTS owners and hear how they did with their 5'ver, and whether they had any comments plus and minus.
Thanks, Barry

bogadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #2

Congrats!!!

Equal-I-Zer™ WDH
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #3

Congratulations!

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:55 PM   #4

Congrats - we ordered 27.5RLTS back in September, and took possession in November also here in Tampa, and love it. Great floor plan, and we added a second A/C unit to the bedroom... no major issues with the quality of the build, yet to take it in for service, and have 2 trips to the Georgia mountains, and 4 local Florida trips under our belt!

If this is your first 5th wheel with a short bed truck, my primary suggestion is to not get the Reese manual sliding hitch the dealer recommended for us. We are already switching to a Pullrite Auto slide super glide.

Enjoy it when it arrives..

Tom
5w/wdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:28 PM   #5

Congrats! The wife and I like that floor plan also.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:34 PM   #6

Congrats on the new 5er. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it. Happy Camping

2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Dually 6.7L HO Turbo Diesel with Aisin Tranny
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (Sold)
2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #7

We have a 2015 model and we love it. We live in the north so a second A/C was not necessary. We did have some build problems but our dealer has been great. We had a Reese Revolution installed at the factory and love it. It takes care of the slider hitch.

Good Luck
rbintheup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:32 AM   #8

We purchased from RVOne in Tampa, and because they order from the factory a certain way, we had to order one ourselves. I like the option of the 50Amp so I don't have to run outside and reset the breaker if I forget to turn off the electric water heater and use the microwave, or whatever. I was told they only order the 30 Amp, but my way of thinking the 50 Amp is a better choice than adding a Reese Revolution hitch if you want to keep the costs down. You can add a hitch anytime but you can't just add a 50 amp service as easily, just my opinion!
I also added the Fire Place even though it might not get much use here in Florida, but if we head back up north for a visit like we did last April, it was cold, and the fireplace kept it nice inside without the confounded blast furnace running. I also chose the 16 inch Goodyears, though I don't know what Goodyear tire it might come with or if it is any good. My Cedar Creek has the Michelin UPS RIB tires on it and are highly recommended. I included the 15K A/C as well as the second bedroom A/C, mostly for the Florida heat. With having a dog along I just thought having a backup a/c was a good choice, as we had to cut a vacation short due to the loss of our only a/c on our other RV. The only other options we got were the electric stabilizer's and the frameless tinted windows.
5W/wdogs, I do not have a short bed so no slider hitch needed. As a matter of fact the hitches that the 4 RV's on the lot had were the Reese and the MorRyde. Neither of those I wanted and chose a standard pin box as I see no advantage over what I have right now. As I said before, if in the future I wanted to sell the rv and someone with a short bed truck wanted it, they could just change out the pin box to one of their choosing.
bogadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogadel View Post
I am excited that we are going to get a new rig.
I would be too, Congrats. It's going to be a looooong 6-8 weeks.

wan-der-lust's VLOG and Instagram

wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:37 PM   #10

Congrats!

SenoiaDave is offline   Reply With Quote