Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #1

29.5 bhok

We placed our order 2 weeks ago on our 2018 eagle Ht 29.5 Bhok. We are hopeful to have it by the end of April/May
In the mean time I have a few question I forgot to ask or look at when we placed the order.

1. Where does the outside kitchen sink drain to? does it have its own tank or drain in the inside sink tank?

2. Is there another propane hook up in the back. I want to hook my own grill up and use the existing grill and more of a stove top. Which I have heard works good.

3. Also how many sewer hook ups are there? 1 or 2. Just wondering if have to get another sewer hose and sewer Y.

4. Price on slide toppers. I got a price when I called the dealer today of about 1300. Which to me seems really high. I was thinking more in the 800-1000 range. The guy i spoke with was not very friendly so say the least and pushed me off the phone.

any help would be great

Thank you
whjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:59 PM   #2

We placed our order 2 weeks ago on our 2018 eagle Ht 29.5 Bhok. We are hopeful to have it by the end of April/May
In the mean time I have a few question I forgot to ask or look at when we placed the order.

1. Where does the outside kitchen sink drain to? does it have its own tank or drain in the inside sink tank? Outside sink has it's own small tank 8.5 gallons.

2. Is there another propane hook up in the back. I want to hook my own grill up and use the existing grill and more of a stove top. Which I have heard works good. There is one under the slideout grill/stovetop drawer, which you have to connect to the pullout grill to use. There is another quick disconnect by the rear bumper that you can use of other things.

3. Also how many sewer hook ups are there? 1 or 2. Just wondering if have to get another sewer hose and sewer Y. Two sewer hook ups.
Forward one is for black tank and two larger gray tanks. The rear is only for the outside kitchen. I dump the rear one on the ground at my house because it is only water from the outside sink. With it being so small you could use a 5 gallon bucket and dump it into the toilet or the larger gray tank to keep from hooking up two connections.

4. Price on slide toppers. I got a price when I called the dealer today of about 1300. Which to me seems really high. I was thinking more in the 800-1000 range. The guy i spoke with was not very friendly so say the least and pushed me off the phone. Don't have them but plan to add them myself.
vegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:10 PM   #3

I was thinking two slide toppers would be in the $800 range installed. There are some toppers that are much more expensive, maybe the dealer was quoting those? Or maybe toppers they get from Jayco?
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjake View Post
Price on slide toppers. I got a price when I called the dealer today of about 1300. Which to me seems really high. I was thinking more in the 800-1000 range. The guy i spoke with was not very friendly so say the least and pushed me off the phone.
I'm assuming the $1300 for the slide toppers is a dealer install after they receive the trailer. You might want to call the dealer and see if they can amend your factory order to include the slide toppers if it's not too late. I believe they're much cheaper if the factory does it.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:04 AM   #5

When we ordered our 27.5rkds last year we asked the dealer to have the factory add them. Two toppers were $750.00 addition to cost. Ask your dealer to do the same for you..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #6

whjake, when I ordered my 2017 Pinnacle, I added the slide toppers. Factory installed was $1700 for four. These are the ones in-cased with the metal covers. Just to give you an idea. Skidawg
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #7

Wow, they must have completely changed the tank setup in the 2018.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikefan7 View Post
Wow, they must have completely changed the tank setup in the 2018.
Interesting, how were the 2017 tanks setup?
Old 02-05-2018, 09:45 PM   #9

My 2017 has the same tank setup.

I was misled by the dealer on walkthrough. He said the rear grey connection was same tank as the kitchen sink. It is not. Found out the hard way When the outside kitchen sink overflowed one day.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #10

For the 2017s, the website used to say 43 fresh, 30ish black, 32.5 grey and 32.5 grey. I've used way more than 8 gallons of water in the rear kitchen and it didn't overflow. I can empty the rear tank either at the rear or at the main, depending on if my trailer is a bit nose down.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:50 PM   #11

Quote:
For the 2017s, the website used to say 43 fresh, 30ish black, 32.5 grey and 32.5 grey. I've used way more than 8 gallons of water in the rear kitchen and it didn't overflow. I can empty the rear tank either at the rear or at the main, depending on if my trailer is a bit nose down.
There is also a separate tank level indicator for the small gray 8.5 gallon tank. It is on the forward wall of the outside kitchen. Close to where the light switches are for the outside kitchen.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:36 PM   #12

someone needs to ask jayco for the blueprints of the underbelly plumbing and tanks.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:38 PM   #13

I emailed Jayco this very question a few hours ago. lol We have a 2017 29.5BHOK, I have had a lot of people tell me the indoor and outdoor sinks are on the same tank and should be able to be drained from the forward drain point or the rear. Unfortunately this is not the case with our camper. The outdoor kitchen must be on its own separate grey water tank as it will only drain from the rear drain point. The brochure says it only has two grey water tanks but there must be three.
EricB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:26 AM   #14

I can't imagine how they would get their brochures wrong and just forget a tank. I can drain the rear tank from the main drain point at the middle of the rig. The problem is you have to be tilted nose down for all the water to make it out. I know this because if you close all the valves and just leave the one that's off to the right open(the one that empties the rear at the mid-point) and you drive forward water will slosh out.

I generally have to connect to both drain points to make sure all the water is out.

I would be very interested in seeing the blueprints if/when they get them to you to confirm this.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
I emailed Jayco this very question a few hours ago. lol We have a 2017 29.5BHOK, I have had a lot of people tell me the indoor and outdoor sinks are on the same tank and should be able to be drained from the forward drain point or the rear. Unfortunately this is not the case with our camper. The outdoor kitchen must be on its own separate grey water tank as it will only drain from the rear drain point. The brochure says it only has two grey water tanks but there must be three.
I wonder if Jayco changed the 2017 model year setup in the later production runs to be the same as the 2018 model year is now(3 gray tanks).

I think somewhere in the brochure there is a disclaimer saying something to the extent of we reserve the right to make minor changes from what is published.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:05 PM   #16

Quote:
I can't imagine how they would get their brochures wrong and just forget a tank. I can drain the rear tank from the main drain point at the middle of the rig. The problem is you have to be tilted nose down for all the water to make it out. I know this because if you close all the valves and just leave the one that's off to the right open(the one that empties the rear at the mid-point) and you drive forward water will slosh out.

I generally have to connect to both drain points to make sure all the water is out.

I would be very interested in seeing the blueprints if/when they get them to you to confirm this.
I will post their reply when I get one.

We have filled the tank up for the outdoor kitchen until it’s backing up in the sink. Pulled the valve on the forward drain point and the water level never changed in the sink. Looking forward to finally having this mystery solved. Lol

Eric
Old 02-12-2018, 08:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
I will post their reply when I get one.

We have filled the tank up for the outdoor kitchen until it’s backing up in the sink. Pulled the valve on the forward drain point and the water level never changed in the sink. Looking forward to finally having this mystery solved. Lol

Eric
EricB while you are waiting I think a big hint as to if you indeed have a third tank would be if you have three gray tank level indicators. I have three indicators, two on the regular panel inside with the rest of the tanks, and the third is located by the light switches in the outside kitchen.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasguy View Post
EricB while you are waiting I think a big hint as to if you indeed have a third tank would be if you have three gray tank level indicators. I have three indicators, two on the regular panel inside with the rest of the tanks, and the third is located by the light switches in the outside kitchen.
Yes, we have the three gray level tank indicators. Two just inside the door on the main control panel and one in the outdoor kitchen.

Eric
Old 02-12-2018, 08:43 PM   #19

I would say they had to have changed it mid year then.

The only other option I could see is maybe if you have the sani-con they might do the plumbing a little different vs someone with out it. I have one and it is only connected to the forward dump.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:50 PM   #20

No Sami-con, I’m 99.9% sure we have three tanks and the outdoor kitchen has to be dumped from the rear. Hopefully I will hear back from Jayco this week. Camper is in for some warranty work and it’s cold and snowy anyways. Lol