Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-31-2016, 06:18 PM   #1

29.5 FBDS on order

My wife and I have on order a 29.5 FBDS and it should arrive in March. This will be an upgrade from a travel trailer which was damaged from a tire blow out in September.
bwhite27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:42 PM   #2

I am looking at ordering as well (different model). Can you explain the process a little, I am new to the RV world but I have ordered a vehicle before.

Assuming there is a down payment required?
Was any financing completed prior to the order?
Based on your March delivery, was that a choice or is 4months the average lead time for an order?
Did you order from your local dealer?

Thanks in advance!
srvdmy4usn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:44 PM   #3

Congrats on the new 29.5. March s a long time to wait though. Is it due to bad weather and road conditions between you and the factory?

We ordered a new 321 last winter and it took 13 weeks to deliver to Oregon. Waiting is the hard part.

In response to Srvdmy4usn....lead times vary from what I've heard. We were told 8-10 weeks and it took 13. But I blame my dealer for that. Once they got my down pmt they moved on to the next deal and forgot all about me.
You should figure at least 5% down with a probability of them wanting more. We arranged our own financing just before delivery thru the credit union that we'd used in the last. Got the same rate as the dealer and he didn't get a kickback.

We love our coach! Good luck to both of you and happy camping!

2016 Eagle 321RSTS. MorRyde pin box. 12cu ft refer. Slide toppers and second awning.

2014 Silverado Duramax. Crew cab short box. Reese Titan 16K slider. Air bags.
Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Grandpa View Post
Congrats on the new 29.5. March s a long time to wait though. Is it due to bad weather and road conditions between you and the factory?

We ordered a new 321 last winter and it took 13 weeks to deliver to Oregon. Waiting is the hard part.

In response to Srvdmy4usn....lead times vary from what I've heard. We were told 8-10 weeks and it took 13. But I blame my dealer for that. Once they got my down pmt they moved on to the next deal and forgot all about me.
You should figure at least 5% down with a probability of them wanting more. We arranged our own financing just before delivery thru the credit union that we'd used in the last. Got the same rate as the dealer and he didn't get a kickback.

We love our coach! Good luck to both of you and happy camping!
I was told by the dealer the order time is longer since Jayco was purchased by Thor. I am not so sure about this, however March is a good delivery time for me. I didn't want any problems with the NE weather and a January or February delivery. March will be warmer and camping season will be right around the corner.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:38 PM   #5

We are looking at the 29.5FBDS too. We finally saw a couple of units in person last weekend and really like the floorplan.

We would remove one of the bunks in the front for head room, and put a queen or king mattress on the floor and keep the second bunk for storage or an occasional guest. This would give a nicer second bed/bedroom than most 35' fifth wheels. We like that the main bedroom and the bathroom are on the lower level. We like that it only has two slides and that they are on the lower level.

We are wondering if there would be any temperature issues with the front bunks on the floor, where there isn't much between them and the outside air?

We weren't able to find many front bunkhouse fifth wheels from all of the manufacturers, and are surprised as this seems like a great, flexible floorplan.

Someone mentioned that the lack of basement storage is a negative of this plan. I see what they are saying, but it seems like the storage space in the front bunk area would work for us. It also seems that this floorplan actually gives more overall space, although more inside, if you are comparing a 35' front bunk without basement to a 35' standard floorplan with basement?

Enjoy your trailer. Curious what other pros/cons people have considered with this plan?
content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugawi View Post
We are looking at the 29.5FBDS too. We finally saw a couple of units in person last weekend and really like the floorplan.

We would remove one of the bunks in the front for head room, and put a queen or king mattress on the floor and keep the second bunk for storage or an occasional guest. This would give a nicer second bed/bedroom than most 35' fifth wheels. We like that the main bedroom and the bathroom are on the lower level. We like that it only has two slides and that they are on the lower level.

We are wondering if there would be any temperature issues with the front bunks on the floor, where there isn't much between them and the outside air?

We weren't able to find many front bunkhouse fifth wheels from all of the manufacturers, and are surprised as this seems like a great, flexible floorplan.

Someone mentioned that the lack of basement storage is a negative of this plan. I see what they are saying, but it seems like the storage space in the front bunk area would work for us. It also seems that this floorplan actually gives more overall space, although more inside, if you are comparing a 35' front bunk without basement to a 35' standard floorplan with basement?

Enjoy your trailer. Curious what other pros/cons people have considered with this plan?
My wife and I love this floor plan since it has the bedroom on the lower level also. I am not worried about the lack of basement storage, we are moving up from a travel trailer and that storage has always worked for us.

Good luck with your decision.