Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2019, 04:16 PM   #61

My 377rlbh came with both and I'm very glad it did. I think the best part is that the duct work is shared so typically I'll run the main unit during the day and get some cooling in the bedroom. Then at night the opposite is true. There were a few days this summer where I ran both at once but it was rare.
dbvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:38 PM   #62

After reading most of the threads -

Check out rvdirect.com I was able to order my eagle at less cost than even Haylett was charging for an instock with similar equipment - I wanted more features than Haylett ordered theirs with (dual windows, island, etc.)

Definitely get the 2nd A/c - provides backup, ability to reduce noise to the rooms you are in(by running it in the opposite room only), extra cooling when needed.

As far as running both from a 30amp service - install Micro-Air soft starts - I installed them in both of my Mach 15’s and I only draw 12amps per A/C (24 for both). I run both from my Igen4500 (and I have the whirlpool residential frig) - no issues.

I definitely recommend 50 amp service as it provides twin 50amp circuits giving you the flexibility when needed
Gizmopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 06:07 AM   #63

I know the second unit in the B/R is very noisy usually. I wonder if the new Coleman unit 1350 called power saver, is worth the extra $80 or if it is any quieter? anyone have experience with it?
I'm going to run a second wire from the new one to have a second pig tail at the hook up for just this unit.
Harpman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:55 AM   #64

I live in central FL and have a 2017 27.5 RLTS. I did get the upgraded 50 amp service and 2nd A/C - sure don't regret it. During the hot days, they both run (almost) non-stop, but it is cool inside. I'm sure not sure I could say that with only 1. Plus the bedroom A/C makes great "white noise" while sleeping at night - even if you just have the fan running.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:02 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by citgodan View Post
I live in central FL and have a 2017 27.5 RLTS. I did get the upgraded 50 amp service and 2nd A/C - sure don't regret it. During the hot days, they both run (almost) non-stop, but it is cool inside. I'm sure not sure I could say that with only 1. Plus the bedroom A/C makes great "white noise" while sleeping at night - even if you just have the fan running.
X2 to all the posts for getting the 50 amp and second a/c. One of the things I like the most is the running of the front a/c when watching tv. Even with the quieter a/c that Jayco has it still makes enough noise to make us turn the tv sound a bit higher than it needs. When we watch tv I turn on the front a/c and you can keep the volume down and everyone is happy.

I also have the 27.5 RLTS and we have enjoyed this 5ver, having downsized from a 38' Cedar Creek. Loved the CC but it was just too big for our needs now. Glad we bought the Jayco so far, hope the love continues.
2014 F350 SD Lariat, 4X2, Ext.Cab 8'Bed, 6.2Ltr gas, 4:30 Rear ratio
2008 Cedar Creek Fifth Wheel 34TSA, 37' (traded in)
2017 Jayco Eagle HT Fifth Wheel 27.5 RLTS
bogadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:56 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
If you get the second AC, is your primary AC still ducted to the bedroom? My concern would be camping at a 30amp site and not being able to run BOTH AC units and not getting cooler air in the front bedroom.

There are lots of places we camp where they only offer 30amp service. When we bought our current camper, I wasn't able to find any that were 50 amp with 2 AC's, even though it was an option. Being concerned about the possibility of not having a duct to the bedroom from the primary unit is what caused us to get a single 15K unit.

We camp all summer and have been in some heat. We were in Tennessee last August and it was hot and humid all week. The AC struggled some in the daytime (temps in the upper 70's) but kept it reasonable for us. We blocked the windows to reduce solar heat gain and it was okay. We camp to be outside during the day anyways, so we were fine with the higher daytime temps.
That is the way it was for us in Las Vegas, bad just bad so with the one we have now I made sure that it has two ac.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:01 AM   #67

I first owned a 2012, 23.5 with one A/C and it was ok. I now have a 2016, 28.5 which is 34' long with two A/C's. I love having the second a/c and if I'm hooked up to 30a service. I run the main a/c during the day then turn the bedroom a/c on at night. If your going to order your 5ver, I highly recommend the two a/c unit. Remember that old saying. It's better to have and not need it. Than need it and not have it. Also it's a lot cheaper to order it with two a/c's than trying to add it later. Good luck with your decision.
Chris
2017 Dodge Ram 2500, Laramie Longhorn, 4x4 Crewcab, 6.4L Hemi, 6' 4" Box, 3.73 Rear End, Dodge Air Bag System, Pullrite 16K, 2700 Hitch

Navy Veterian 🇺🇸 - Retired Nurse 💉
Chrisb-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:59 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
Yes you will be happier with the 2nd air especially if one went out. 50 amp's gives you so much more power for a lot of stuff (daughter and wife's hair dryer).
Get the 16" tires.

I'm a believer in getting all the options so you have no regrets.
Ditto! We custom ordered our rig loaded from Jayco. Same idea here - Better to have it and not need it vs. need it and not have it. While we currently reside in the PNW, we plan on moving to Texas so we opted for the 2nd AC (ducted).

We're probably going to do some boondocking along the way, so we invested in a couple EU2200i's. Just found out about the Micro Air EZ start that reduces the AC draw amps on startup, so I may be adding those soon. I hear they work miracles!